Penalty Phase #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was difficult to watch trial coverage and not be able to share thoughts with all of you. So glad that we are back together as the trial comes to its conclusion.

Jodi allocution was all about Jodi, as usual, and the dig at Travis with the "survivor" tee-shirt was the final straw (or nail in the coffin) for me.

Jennifer did alright given that she has little to work with, but I felt that she still wants to blame Travis for Jodi ending up where she is today.

I wish that Juan would have been able to speak without the continuous interruptions from JW, but this has been par for the course and not terribly unexpected.

I see no mitigating factors and hope that the jury agrees. It will soon be in their hands to decide Jodi's fate. My prayers are with them as they render their last verdict. JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS!

I agree. I thought Jennifer was doing very very well (and I was a little worried) until she got to the what changed Jodi's "trajectory" she completely insinuated that it was TRAVIS that was to blame for where and what happened to Jodi.

I really hope the jury saw that the murderer showed no true remorse for what she did, blamed them for not being able to get married some day, and continued to lie about Travis. Then Wilmott got up and trashed Travis again, too. I think the jury sees
it.

Yes, she did. So egregious. She is not redeemable, IMO.
It's always someone else's fault, but not the convict's.

Praise GOD!!!! WS is back. I went a little batty watching it by myself and started screaming at the screen.

LOL Glad to know I wasn't the only one who was screaming at my screen as I listened to JA's allocution & then to JM's closing statement.

I felt much better when I listened to Juan's closing argument as he tore apart each & every one of the DT's so-called "mitigating" factors.

Go Juan!!!

Is it just me, or was CMJA's allocution a disgusting piece of garbage?
Nope, not just you. Spare me for my family and so that I can start a book club, teach reading and Spanish, create art, recycle, and donate my hair!!!:stormingmad::stormingmad::stormingmad:
And still trash Travis by selling my Domestic Violence Survivor T-shirts!!!

I've missed this place!
What did everyone think of Juan? I didn't hear half of his argument because of barking dogs and shrieking kids.

Sure, sure ... blame the barking dogs and shrieking kids.... what about the panicking frantic Cece?? :floorlaugh:

Just a quick welcome back! Missed the site today while it was down.

Looks like CKJA finally had her come to Jesus moment, but it was a lot too little, too late. Can you say five years too late? The DT has thrown out half of its argument in the closing of this phase, but JM is on spot.

JA did say she was sorry once, and that was about the violence, but did not say she was sorry Travis is dead. She did apologize for one of her slides. Gulp. Couple of her statements are going to go over very badly with the jury. Like the DV one and people believing her or not.

Will check back in later.

I wish Willmont would STOP with all of the objections. This is ridiculous!

She and Nurmi both have the same tactic: stop Juanderful often; don't let him get on a roll because he's like a snowball -- he gets bigger & bigger the longer he rolls. It's maddening, but it's all they can do. Wilmont can always counter him with her rebuttal, so why doesn't she just do that? Grrrrrr. You can't stop a freight train like him; you can only slow him down -- he's just too strong.

And WTH is wrong with Nurmi -- has he just quit? :truce: Will he utter another word officially in that courtroom? Is he trying to create ammunition for an appeal? Is he throwing himself in front of that freight train?

:trainwreck:

And a big Thank You to and all the others who got us all back on track.:drumroll:
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
:drumroll:

We're BACK! Yay! :fireworks:

WildAboutTrial tweeted the message that WS would be down and that WS was working on it.

So, what did everyone think of the embarrassing presentations on the part of JA and defense team?

What a day for Websleuths to be down!!! It felt like I was watching "half" the trial not being able to be here and read comments while listening to it! Thank goodness it's back up again! My world is now complete again!

Wilmott's final argument - 0 objection

Juan's final argument - 12 objections / 6 approaches / all overruled

Wilmott's final - final argument - 2 objections / 1 overrule / 1 sustanined

Will post more pictures after next session!!

Confession: I shed a couple of tears for JA's dad.

I cry my eyes and heart out for Travis and his family.

JA won't admit she needs help. She was 'forced' to murder Travis. It was a terrible mistake. Now get over it everyone while she becomes a champion of sorts (Rosa Parks/Mother Teresa/Nelson Mandela combo of sorts) behind bars. That's who really is ya know...If anyone deserves death it's her!

Whew! So glad we're back! I thought I was in a MAJOR time out and for the life of me couldn't think of what I posted that got me in trouble.

Then I started thinking of who I could blame. You know, the whole "Jodi Approach."

When I saw her take out that Tshirt I thought to myself that she just signed her own death warrant.

OK - here's my thoughts.

Jodi's powerpoint presentation was an epic fail. I would have been on the floor crying, screaming, begging for them to spare me. I would have profusely apologized ... but not Jodi.

JW's argument - as much as I cannot stand her, I thought she did as good of a job as JW is capable of doing. Very passionate plea....in a JW kind of way.

Juan - BAM!

I am feeling the DP coming on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members