Penalty Phase #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable that the convicted murderer and JW would AGAIN throw TA under the bus, when pleading with the jury for leniency. Do they not realize that nobody bought the abuse allegations?

It's ridiculous. :help:

I honestly believe I could have defended this "person" and probably got her 30-40 years max, and I have absolutely no experience being a laywer.

I would have MADE the defendent admit to what she had done, force her to show remorse from the very beginning, beg for forgiveness from everyone, and then throw herself at the mercy of the court.

If done sincerely, then she had a chance, but with her lousy defense, they all but assured her of the death penalty.

This has been the worst defense I have ever witnessed. And all 3 of them were horrible.

What a day for Websleuths to be down!!! It felt like I was watching "half" the trial not being able to be here and read comments while listening to it! Thank goodness it's back up again! My world is now complete again!

I was convinced it was some kind of conspiracy when WS went down.

I think i suffered some trauma from the site being down.Even though i don't post often i still feel like part of the FAM. #justicefortravis

I'm so glad WS is back and running. :rockon:

That outage was the longest 6 hours of my life. lol

I have been going crazy not being able to post!!!

Did it occur to anyone else that in her allocution JA pointed out two goals she has for prison life that she has STOLEN directly from Travis and his family, IMO?
1) Literacy in prison: IIRC the Alexanders are setting up a fund to promote literacy, availability books etc. for underprivileged children because of Travis's love of books.
2) Prison recycling program to have a positive impact on the planet: IIRC Travis spoke and blogged about environmental issues and impacting the planet - it is one reason he bought a Prius.

IMO JA PURPOSEFULLY CHOSE these two issues to raise in her allocution as a way to further hurt the Alexanders, sending them a %#@&$ you message. It must be torture for them to sit there and listen to her essentially say, "Give me life so I can do these things that I made sure Travis could never do" and, "I am a good person like Travis was - I care about the exact same things."

The jury has no way to know about the Alexanders' plan for the Travis literacy/book fund; not sure they heard about Travis's feelings re: environmental issues. IMO JA brought up these specific ideas simply to dig at the Alexanders. If she gets life, they will have to go on thinking she is "working on" two of the issues dear to Travis and she knows that will be hurtful to them.

I'm glad Juan pointed out her sense of entitlement too .. that ought to put a big hole in her 'but it's for charity' argument. I mean really.

What happen to you all I almost died, I'm so happy I'm going to cry

I felt like a small child who lost her Mommy at the mall!!! :(

The only redeeming fact was I able to work while watching live online so my client will be happy when I call them to say the project is almost done!

OMG, am I glad to see this site is back - now on to reading the posts - I missed everyone's thoughts as Jodi was "allocating" this morning!

So glad Websleuths is back up and running but it probably kept alot of us out of trouble when court was delayed....

I swear not being able to connect to websleuths was like pushing an elevator button, I kept refreshing, thinking that was going to somehow make it go faster

there's no place like home!

ITA. We had terrible storms last night and today. I was so upset over the Moore OK tornado I couldn't sleep and found comfort here.

I'm so glad we made it back for the last few moments of this trial.

Prayers to all affected by the storms, all the victims, and the Alexander family.

That was awful, I didn't know what to do with myself! Other forums discussing the case are LAME. One post every 5 to 10 minutes or so. Amateurs.

Didn't realize my dependency on this board was so extreme. Scares me a little. I'm so glad it's back!!!!!!!!!!

So, what you guys are saying is that you were not moved by her impassioned plea?

Am wondering if Jodi ever heard the words, "I'm sorry"! She has no remorse at all. She murdered Travis in cold blood and should be executed for her actions.

Is there a Thank You thread? I looked and don't see one.

We love you !!!

My first born is already taken, but I can fry up some great chicken with some mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and fresh biscuits if you like.

May I interest you in a T shirt? :giggle:
I know!!!! Like really? I wanted to scream on behalf of shelter workers everywhere.

True story - once during the allocution of a perp who beat his wife to death with a hammer (after he used it to break in through the nursery window), he turned to we advocates sitting around her parents and said when he got out of prison he wanted to volunteer at our shelter. Then he smiled and turned his face back to the judge. :banghead:

We planted a flowering plum tree outside the children's room window. He's been denied parole three times.

I was sort of surprised that she had the part in her allocution re: Patti not coming to testify because she was "threatened" when the judge specifically wouldn't read that into the record.
Was glad Juan got to question that bit of info.

She and Nurmi both have the same tactic: stop Juanderful often; don't let him get on a roll because he's like a snowball -- he gets bigger & bigger the longer he rolls. It's maddening, but it's all they can do. Wilmont can always counter him with her rebuttal, so why doesn't she just do that? Grrrrrr. You can't stop a freight train like him; you can only slow him down -- he's just too strong.

And WTH is wrong with Nurmi -- has he just quit? :truce: Will he utter another word officially in that courtroom? Is he trying to create ammunition for an appeal? Is he throwing himself in front of that freight train?

:trainwreck:

And a big Thank You to and all the others who got us all back on track.:drumroll:
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
:drumroll:

If all they can do is poke sticks at him, it shows the limpness of their case.

Anybody know WATs text notification for the jury verdict? Given the hour, looks like we may not get one today.

I stopped all mine after the first verdict need to re-up.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member