Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone notice that SA's tie tack today was a little pair of handcuffs? I snickered at that.

I have that same pin. It was given to me by someone from the Department of Corrections in Nashville.

I loved how the CM tried to suggest that if they voted for death they would be inflicting pain on her parents. Ya, nice try. If I were on the jury, that would have sealed it for me. I think her next t-shirt design should say "dead meat."

If I heard right, she claims she has already donated 3 times to Locks of Love. Now keep in mind that they do NOT accept bleached hair, including hair that is colored over bleached hair (and I am pretty darn sure there is no "colored over bleached hair so you could go slaughter your ex" exception.) So, for as long as she has been incarcerated, I'm very skeptical that she has been able to grow the processed hair completely out, donate the 10inch hair minimum 3x's over, and still keep long hair over the whole time of incarceration, even up to today. Seriously…

...but hey, maybe there is a Disney issue with her. Snow White... now Rapunzel... :)

Another misuse of funds: http://now.msn.com/locks-of-love-missing-hair-worth-six-million-dollars-according-to-report

I'm terrified that she'll get life and that she will be up for parole after what? 25 years or less? I hope the jury thinks about that.

Okay, I just finished watching the murderer's "allocution". That has to be the most disgusting pity party I've ever witnessed. :stormingmad: And, as usual, all about Jodi. Disgusting, and I'm sure the Alexander's cringed every time she feigned "sympathy" for their situation. She makes me physically ill. :puke:

I must admit I did laugh when she was doing the powerpoint of her paintings and she said 'that's Frank Sinatra ... that's Elvis' lol :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Me too King Tut, when I saw the thing I thought it was a piss-poor choice to prove she was a "talented" artist or that her art was a "gift" to the future, just sayin'

...combined with the tacky shirt and creepy hair....well....it should easily be a slam dunk.....:floorlaugh:

I was a little paranoid! When I checked the status of this website at "downforeveryone" It said I was the only one that could not get it!
I thought I was ousted for some reason:jail:

:floorlaugh: I thought the exact same thing!!! I was like... Nooooooooo what did I do?! Talk about anxiety. I kept asking on the JFTravis Facebook group about websleuths and they were all *shrug*.

Remember how I wasn't quite for the death penalty a while back?
Just hearing Jodi Arias speak got rid of that.
If there's anyone evil enough to deserve the DP, it's her.
TOUGH decision jurors, but please, death.

Sorry if this has been covered but when JA told the jury that her friend couldn't testify because her and her little girls life was threatened ... was this the last sentence the Judge refused to read?

Excellent question GumShoe, and I would bet it was,

I'm just not as excited for this phase of the trial at all.
Now that she was already found guilty I'm fine with whatever she gets (as long as no parole). This judge will NOT give Jodi a chance of parole for this particular crime.

Even if she gets the death penalty there is a 65% chance that it gets overturned to Life without parole anyways (going by stats).
It will just be endless appeals and more court(outside cell time) for Jodi.

Anything without parole is fine and just let her rot. I don't care if she is popular behind bars...I don't think being popular behind 4 white walls in a striped suit is an amazing thing. Let her be queen of the criminals.

Is it just me or during FJA's allocution did it sound like she was speaking as some sort of mentor to female inmates rather than the inmate she is? She's not a mentor, she's not special, and she's not a redeeming person whatsoever.

HOORAY I AM NOT BANNED!!!!

Seriously, what a relief. I am tickled other people thought the same thing!

The one factor which was not mentioned was the danger Arias would present to her fellow inmates. A person who appears perfectly normal who is capable of incredible violence over ... what? A trip to Cancun? Someone telling on her?

That last one would endanger every snitch in prison.

I loved Juan's argument that society punishes the first vicious murder because, in effect, if they didn't, everyone would be entitled to a "free one."

My heart broke when he said Travis would never be older than 30 and the heartbreak on his sisters' faces was just unbearable.

Jodi Arias had the gall to say that she would have to give up Christmas and having a baby. Give me a break. If they don't kill that monster, she will be married by proxy and pregnant through the mail. As far as I'm concerned, every thing she said she could do in prison repelled me. In fact, it made me even more certain that death is the proper sentence for her so she is not marching around with a "survivor" T-shirt while Travis lies in a coffin.

If only they still had the electric chair!

that was an unbelievably BAD MOVE!!!!

as was willmott bringing up ALV during closing (does she really want the jury to think about alyce???----and ALSO pointing out that dr. samuels also found a personality disorder when they argued against that very thing tooth and nail for DAYS!!!!!!!

CKJA's snippy little comment that some people didn't believe that she was a domestic abuse survivor and that they were entitled to their opinion, didn't help much. :facepalm:

Hey JA, those people who didn't believe you are seated in the jury box. Duh!

HLN are right .. Jodi has had too much control over her defence. So agree.

Lol. Facts are beautiful things. She didn't show any proof that she had donated either, which they do provide if you want it. I wouldn't put it past her to con some other inmate in the future into cutting their hair and donating it under CMJAs name. Maybe give her some of her sausage chubs or something. And teaching Spanish in an Arizona prison? Isn't that carrying coal to Newcastle? Seriously. Not having any time in 5 entire years to help anyone else, but got her GED, twitters, visitations, interviews... Her whole presentation was such a load of crap, to use her words.

BBM: i'd love to know the percentage of hispanic prisoners at perryville. i don't think they need miss thang to teach spanish there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV