Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so do we have CONFIRMATION that the jury did not request the Judge's reading of the instruction just a few minutes ago? Really would appreciate if anyone knows to post please and thanks.

Whatever life she lives will be too good for her
and whatever death she is sentenced to will be too easy.

Look at her behavior today, disgusted.
She should face the same terrible end she planned and perpetrated against Travis.
I stand by that.

seal.gif

You know what...I just can't believe this. I don't want to think what I'm thinking, what are your guys thoughts on this? I really need some reassurance.

Now they just said that the judge wanted to clarify the instructions and what dp vs life means. Mike said it wasn't a juror question, just the judge clarifying. We're good!! The jury is good!!

I don't think this question is good news for anyone wanting her to get the DP. My guess is, at the very least, someone doesn't want to impose it. Beth Karas said they have not deliberated at all today so they've only had 90 minutes or so to discuss it, but I'm not sure she's going to get death. I've never been sure on it and even more so now. They wanted to be re-assured that she would never get out of prison if they didn't impose death. That, to me, means they'll will possibly allow her to live out her life in prison.

Or, it could mean there is one hold out thinking LWOP would do just as well and the other jurors are trying to tell this person that she could get out after 25 years. It shows they are taking this seriously. I never wanted to think I could put anyone to death. To me the worst are child killers and molestors. They should never ever get a second chance!

But I have to tell you, Jodi has done herself no favors!! She is seriously retarded in her ability to feel.

Is life in prison that bad? She'll never get out. The family wont have to see her anymore. She's been found guilty of premeditated first degree murder, with the provision of cruelty.

By all rights, the family and victim WON.

it is when she has a plethora of privileges. travis has none. he is dead. he cant go shopping at the commissary, have boy time with his friends, watch cable TV on his own personal TV, get his hair done, write, draw, have vistors, phone calls, etc etc.

nope. in my opinion, life is not appropriate for this .

Was Juan able to clarify that she could get life with poss. parole? Thanks guys.

HLN saying it was an inadvertent omission of life explanation. But also saying not a good sign for death verdict.

But, it's HLN, so....

HLN, whatever. Gosh, I'd hope if I was on a DP jury that I'd take every opportunity to make sure I understood EVERYTHING that I was allowed to know. I don't see this as bad, I see it as using good critical thinking skills.

From WAT :

3m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

From what I just heard from Mike B. The judge was clarifying some juror instructions. #JodiArias

2m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

We are all in front of courtroom by staple lady watching what just happened. #JodiArias

43s Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Judge brought jury in to clarify a jury instruction that was left out. #JodiArias

I so love WAT. Always on top of things, salmon and all.

Well, I guess they are not all for DP. That's for sure. They wouldn't even have asked the question about definition of life if so. IMO.
I predict life now.
And I don't care either way. I hate to think of her working on her appeals anyway. I', okay with her having nothing to look forward to or work on n with new attorneys, new ALV's, all the attention that would come with an appeal.

I just want clarification for myself... if they vote Life, that does NOT mean LWOP. It means no DP. It means JSS will sentence her. They do not have the ability to say LWOP so the final sentence term is up to the Judge.

Is this correct?

Yes, that's what the statutes say.

From WAT :

3m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Willmott is back up now. Judge dismissed jury and they began deliberations at 10:41. Headed back out now. #JodiArias

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Back in the hallway now. I heard that they will send that missed testimony video out to the media a bit later. #JodiArias

I wish someone would have asked her about the 2 knives and gun in her possession when she was arrested. What kind of knives were they? pocket, hunting, steak, kitchen and how sharp? Why did she hide the gun under the hood of the car?

another thought, would a person who was so horrified and ashamed of what they had done, arm themselves again with 2 knives and a gun?

May want to make sure they put the beech away permanently. Thats a good sign.

:notgood: Not a good sign if you want Arias to get the Death Penalty.

Which I do.

ETA: just learned that the jury did not ask this question, so nevah mind.....

When asked Tuesday night if she ever dreamed of Alexander, she said that shortly after her arrest, while she was still in jail in California, she dreamed that he was there with her, lounging in “the tank.” When she asked him what he was doing there, he said, “We all have to do time for what we’ve done.”

M. Kiefer article last night, AZ Republic

See, she does let the truth out if we listen for it. She believes now and forever that she was justified in slaughtering Travis. That will never change. Her behavior comes from evil-not imo, because she is mentally ill. Hopefully the jury will decide they do not want to risk her coming up for parole in the future.

The fact that JA can think so quickly and accuse the ABC Reporter of being a hater is in direct conflict to her statements that her brain scrambles when she is pressed. She didn't go into a fog - she comes out fighting. You can see the actual change in her eyes, her face and hear the tone of her voice change. Chilling.

Would love for the jurors to see her in action. Nothing rattles her - not even committing murder.

I think the jurors saw the many sides of JA over the last 4 months. Her mask did slip numerous times. They saw her, heard her, watched her. I'm just hearing that the judge clarified the instruction-not a jury question. Good.

NO, jury did not ask question!

It was judge calling in jury! It was merely an instruction.

Had the Jury asked I wouldn't be worried at all. They have a huge decision before them and must weigh both. Praying for the DP. It's really not looking good here. Appears it may storm. As much as I love golf I'm kinda hoping for rain on this Wednesday.

steve krafft @SKrafftFox10#JodiArias #FOX10 I am hearing it was reading of an instruction and not a jury question

http://www.wptv.com/generic/news/national/Jodi-Arias-trial-live-video

Okay why is the jury asking about parole with the life sentence?

I don't think they are. Between the tweet above from Steve Krafft and this tweet from WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Judge brought jury in to clarify a jury instruction that was left out. #JodiArias

I think this is probably something the Defense requested be "clarified".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801