Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm... really? then why the one made public yesterday?

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 12min
All juror questions are sealed #JodiArias

Probably because the reporter MK said Juror #18 signed the question and could be the jury foreperson.

Slightly OT, as this relates to the recent interviews, not the verdict watch.

CKJA changed her story slightly with her Monday night interviews on why she decided against the death penalty. In one interview, she says it was after she talked to her family that night. She elaborates further in other interviews and says that it was her cousin who convinced her not to do this to her mother, that it would cause her mother too much pain.

Does anyone recall seeing a cousin or can this be verified? I remember seeing PW, her mother and her sister. I don't recall seeing anyone else.

????

I just watched the re-run of court and they included when Juan stood up and turned around, my heart dropped. I know it would be ridiculous to read anything into that. It's our cool calm Juan but he did not look pleased. :( May he is just exhausted, I just can not imagine the questions not bringing to light where the Jury may be going, he must know. I love Juan, I hope he doesn't feel bad about the jury's decision becuase he did an amazing job. I don't believe there is anything he could have done to make DP more clear. MOO if it's life then that means it would be life even if the lord himself came down and said "HEY! that was horrible, send her to me, I'll deal with her." they would still decide they couldn't do it becuase in my opinion there is someone on that jury who may not have been so honest on their jury questionnaire or felt they could but when it came time they can't no matter what.
MOO

Deformed toe just like her deformed finger that she blames on Travis. She probably has some kind of joint issue.

Snipped BM

No, she has socks on. . . look higher to her ankle and you can see the wrinkles. :facepalm:

audrey was one of a kind. do you read 'vanity fair?' she's on the cover this month and there's a great article about her and an essay written by her son. there are also pictures of her just in her everyday life in rome----she looked flawless no matter what she was doing.

and she loved her yorkie, mr. famous. he's in most of the pictures. :seeya:

Thanks so much KS, am going to have to get that issue. I have always adored Audrey Hepburn. So beautiful and such class!

My co-workers knew very little about this case. I've been giving them updates daily. I'm home today and they just called to find out if there was any word and want me to call them as soon as I know! I thought that was so funny!!

not sure if they know--but I totally agree with you!

Regarding the supposed "deadlock" yesterday---could someone explain to me...

The verdict form has 3 boxes (one of which is to be marked)

1. Death
2. Life
3. No unanimous agreement

Jodi Arias Penalty Phase - Day 3 - Part 4 - Rebuttal and Charge to the Jury - YouTube as seen here at 10:50

If they were "deadlocked" wouldn't they have submitted the form with Number 3 checked?

I think on form for this part it just lists LIFE....., and then DEATH......

And it says in an earlier part that if they can't be unanimous, they have to tell the judge.

Someone on here or maybe on the sidebar thread posted a copy of the verdict form and jury instructions, that's how I know.

I'm going to get some Congee while I read posts here. Need comfort food....

I wonder if JVM is deaf
Cause deaf people yell when they talk

I know I did when my DD was growing up & she would get embarrassed
But when I got my hearing aids,my voice went down to normal
I was not use to my DD saying -Madre--I can't hear-LOL

I'm waiting for the day she interviews someone who just stops, looks at her and says SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :silenced:
It needs to happen.

That's what I asked too! She never wore a pony during trial!

I hope she's not getting ready to donate her hair again! I do have doubt she ever did it three times while she's been in jail. Anyway I think the donated hair has to have no chemicals in it. I just don't believe anything CMJA says.

Question could have been 'Can we order lunch from different places?'

You know, this trial is teaching me some things about myself. I would say I oppose the death penalty but I find myself kind of rooting for it here. Maybe it's because there is absolutely no doubt that she alone committed this horrible act and feels no remorse whatsoever. I don 't feel that I hate her or that I want revenge. And I will feel justice has been done if she gets LWOP.

It's sort of unnerving to find my views so fluid. Hell, I even felt kind of sad the day they nuked Ted Bundy and I had been a Seattle resident, in his target demographic, during his crime wave and had long been terrified of "Ted". So what is it about Jodi that makes me so ambivalent?

It was jaw-dropping to hear her flip response about whether she'd be a threat to society if released. If anyone ever thought MAYBE she had killed in self defense, that showed how cold and uncaring she is. Yeah, just don't abuse me and you will be fine. This fits with her story about why she had the 9mm fun; hey, I figured out how easy it is to kill someone! So don't cross me. Any normal human who had been forced to harm another would surely be saying, it was horrible, I wish I had never left California, society is safe from me because I would be so careful never to be in a situation like that again - SOMETHING that illustrated an understanding of the horror of the situation. She feels NOTHING. It's like Travis was a gnat.

We keep saying we wish the jury could see these interviews but IMO they don't need to. They have her number; they had 18 days of her BS, and I am sure they didn't buy her audition the other day. If they are hesitating over anything, it may be over hurting her family more. But since they are DP-qualified, I suspect they are taking pains to do this RIGHT.

Hi Friends! Anybody have a video of Juan's closing before the jury left to deliberate life or death? TIA

that may be why they're sealed now, is my guess.

ONE reporter quoted the text of that question----the guy who's in the DT's pocket. strange?

This all of this.

I would not be shocked, at all, if the DT leaked the question to MK. He got the first interview on Monday and focused his questions on what the DT would want him to focus on.

I think the question revealed something TOO specific like, (and this is ONLY an example): "We want to clarify that if we vote for "life" it means the Judge gets to decide parole or no parole?"

They may have even requested that the media/public not "hear" it to avoid speculation of what the decision is leaning towards.

Excellent example ! If I were a juror, I would want a guarantee that my decision would stick and not be deluted/reduced by someone else. Ever.

#fox10 A Jimmy Johns guy just dropped off a small white bag with a sandwich or two at Courtroom 5C. Working lunch for jurors?

I LOVE Jimmy Johns. We don't have them where I live.

Anyhoo, here is a screen cap of the murderer when JW sat down:

I watched the jury question video. My opinion is that Juan did not look happy. The smile he gave Flores was just a polite gesture, not a "we got this" smile. JA seemed way too happy if the jury question was a "hater" question. Juans answers to the judge were terse.

I am trying not to read anything into this but it is difficult.

Attachments

• Jury Question #3.jpg
    Jury Question #3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 82
My puppy (10 year old German shepherd) might have cancer :( I hate this day! :(

So sorry ......sending special puppy prayers your way. We had a beautiful German Shepherd many years ago...great breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redjanmarie