Penalty/Sentencing Phase

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
-
I hope he wakes up one day and realizes what he has done...of course him being a classic sociopath, I don't know that he has the ability to care...

Sadly, I'm sure you're right. So I'll take my comfort in the thought of him being locked up like the animal he is for the rest of his regrettable life.

IIRC, inmates have their own code of ethics.
IMO, CC is a child killer and many inmates may not like that at all.
I do hope CC fears everyday of his life and is reminded of the beautiful
loving family he cold bloodedly slaughtered for his freedom to have
another woman. He will have to meet his maker also one day.

I read the transcript on the prison CC will be at. It sounds really awful. Wonder how often he can have visitors? Wonder if Tara will come to visit?

That's what O'Gara the Coleman defense attorney said, not the Judge:)

<<SNIP>>

Defense Attorney John O&#8217;Gara took thirty minutes to address the court saying, the juries verdict is a death sentence, adding, Chris Coleman will die in prison.
&#8220;You know a life sentence condemns him to a six by eleven foot coffin where he&#8217;ll be with another man 23 hours a day. You know all too well what a horrible punishment it is to put a person in prison and know he will die there.&#8221;

<<SNIP>>

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/05/09/death-penalty-may-be-grounds-for-appeal-in-coleman-case/
Hmmmm....... sorry, but it seems to me that Chris should probably have thought about that prior to taking the lives of his wife and two sons. Does Mr. O'Gara think that by saying this it would garner sympathy for poor widdle Chris? Well Mr. O'Gara, it does nothing to stir a shred of sympathy from me, that's for certain.

I for one am glad that Chris Coleman will be where he deserves to be for the remainder of his sad life. I hope he's haunted daily for what he did. Too bad he wasn't man enough to face up to it and admit his wrong doings.

I hope that the sounds of cell doors closing makes cold shivers run down his spine.

Buh buh now Chris Coleman. I'm sure Tara will write you..... (off that is....)

Glad to know that he will be suffering with his demons the rest of his pathetic life behind bars. I wanted the DP in this case but that might have just been an easy way out for this loser. Knowing that he will be spending the rest of his life behind bars serves justice to his murdered family. Don't drop the soap sucker!!!!

I wonder what is left to appeal.

The defense surely didn't put up much of a defense at the trial. There isn't any late breaking witnesses who can suddenly vouch for CC's whereabouts at a much earlier time frame in the evening. Did CC all of a sudden remember that he stayed and helped the ice cream vendor close up and sent his family home where the real killer awaited them?

He cooked his own goose. His attorney admittedly had a weak case to begin with. Their only real choice is to somehow explain how rigor mortis was inexplicably hastened in that one house on that one day that would allow for the bodies to be found in that state after having been killed shortly after CC left to go to the gym (i.e., in a fairy-tale world defined by a different set of physics than this world).

The weak defense at first made me believe they may have paid someone off on the jury. My heart kept sinking each day the jury deliberated longer and the Coleman family posting that God would deliver their reprobate son somehow just made me fear more that some underhanded actions must have gone on.

Kinda knew this would happen, Coleman's attys are going to appeal. How much money is going to be wasted on this case?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-familystrangled-a,0,5097085.story

WATERLOO, Ill.— An attorney for a former Marine convicted of strangling his wife and their two sons says they will appeal his sentence of life in prison.

He's guilty ----- he KNOWS he's guilty ---- His attorneys know he's guilty ---- his parents SHOULD know he's guilty. I know it's pretty much a given that there is an appeal on a guilty verdict - but he should have to pay for his own defense. Maybe that would put an end to it.

Boy, would I LOVE to be on the jury for the next one. No way would this baby-killer get off. And his not-so-Christian parents should just tell him to give it up. Admit, repent and pay the price.

an appeal has close to no chance here...no new info, no misconduct, CC will likely never smell freedom again.
-
if he goes to Joliet, his visitors will be few and far between--good distance from his family in SW Illinois...hope he enjoys cleaning toilets and if he's lucky-maybe a highway cleanup project...

Coleman Juror Talks About The Trial

So what was it like in the jury room, and why did it take so long to reach a verdict?

According to juror Kim Ferrari, in their hearts they all knew he was guilty but four of them needed a little more proof before crossing the Rubicon.

And they found it, almost by accident on the back of a photograph that had been sitting in the jury room since the deliberations began.

more at http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-coleman-juror-talks-trial-20110509,0,3401084.story

She didn't say what the date was on the photograph?

Interesting how that tipped them over to their verdict! I can't understand how it could have been hung in the first place, though.

She didn't say what the date was on the photograph?

Interesting how that tipped them over to their verdict! I can't understand how it could have been hung in the first place, though.

Wasn't the date revealed during trial? I don't recall them being led to believe something other than the truth. Were we also?

Fox 2 news is currently running a 30 minute special on the Coleman trial. Interviews with her friends.

It took that date on a photo to finally convince all of them? I'm stunned that anyone on that jury needed anything more after hearing/seeing all they did. Let's face it, Chris Coleman made some very blatant, stupid mistakes.

Thank You Jurors for sticking with it! You did the right thing.

Coleman Juror Talks About The Trial

So what was it like in the jury room, and why did it take so long to reach a verdict?

According to juror Kim Ferrari, in their hearts they all knew he was guilty but four of them needed a little more proof before crossing the Rubicon.

And they found it, almost by accident on the back of a photograph that had been sitting in the jury room since the deliberations began.

more at http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-coleman-juror-talks-trial-20110509,0,3401084.story

Do you think she's right, that the judge did the sentencing to avoid a death penalty sentence?

an appeal has close to no chance here...no new info, no misconduct, CC will likely never smell freedom again.
-
if he goes to Joliet, his visitors will be few and far between--good distance from his family in SW Illinois...hope he enjoys cleaning toilets and if he's lucky-maybe a highway cleanup project...
You're right. In order for him to be granted an appeal, there has to be something solid to appeal. Since he did not get the Death Penalty, an appeal is not automatic.

Yeah, good luck with that one fellas. He's staying right where he belongs.

You think he'll go to Joliet, or Big Muddy. Isn't Big Muddy fairly close to where he is?

Get comfy Chris, you're going to be there for a long time........ at least until there is jailhouse justice, that is......... then, buh, buh.

He is in Pontiac Correctional Center http://idoc.state.il.us/
Do an inmate search, last name followed by a comma, then first name.

There are 4 Christopher Coleman's - he is the one with the birthdate of 3-20-77.

Pontiac Correctional Center
Opened: June 1871
*Operational Capacity: 2,152
Level 1 Maximum Adult Male
*Current Population: 1,656
Average Age: 34
Average Annual Cost Per Inmate: $33,031.00

The facility consists of a total of 63 buildings, which comprise of more than 744,000 square feet. The facility sits on a 37-acre site, with 32 acres being enclosed by fencing. Pontiac Correctional Center houses the following offenders: segregation, condemned protective custody, mental health, administrative detention reintegration management and medium security.

http://idoc.state.il.us/subsections/facilities/information.asp?instchoice=pon

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back