Peru/FL-Parents seek doctor and witnesses in death of their 18 y.o. sons

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

not.a.muggle

Reaction score
The boys were 18 so I'm posting here...My friend and her husband lost their only child in Peru on May 24th. He and his best friend were struck and killed by a speeding bus. They are looking for a Canadian or European doctor who attended to the boys and any passengers on the bus who may have witnessed the accident. The bus was in Cusco, Peru, traveling on Route 28G to Puerto Maldanado. The parents believe they are not being told the truth about the accident and the only statements from the bus came from the driver and his father.

If you recognize the doctor in the photo or if you know anyone who was in Cusco, Peru on May 24th, please contact them. The parents set up an email address for any tips (in the link).

There was a live stream of their press conference on Facebook this morning; if you would like to watch it, contact me.

Southeast High School parents of teens killed in Peru desperately seek help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-13 20.32.23.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-13 20.32.23.png
    687.2 KB · Views: 76
Parents of Bradenton teens killed in Peru search for 'Good Samaritan' doctor
BRADENTON, Fla. — The parents of two Bradenton teenagers who were killed while exploring Peru are searching for a doctor who helped their sons right after their accident.

“Two young men with joy on their faces exploring a different country and a different culture,” said father Kevin Morris.

It’s one of the last photographs these Bradenton parents have of their sons.

“This was from a camera that we recovered at the accident scene,” said Morris.

RELATED: Friends and teachers remember Southeast High graduates killed in Peru crash

Southeast High School graduates Al Ales and Zack Morris were only in Peru a short time when they were involved in a deadly crash. A public transit bus driver hit and killed them on May 24 while they explored Cusco on a scooter.

“We have statements the bus driver was speeding and passing in a no-passing zone before the accident, but the only testimony from on board that bus right now is from that bus driver and his ticket-taker, who happens to be his own father,” said Morris.

I am sorry for your loss.I did read about this either on yahoo or a central Florida news site and I thought the article stated that the young men were speeding and those witnesses were likely the bus driver.I thought something was not right with it.Have read many articles were buses I third world countries do not go by any laws or tests or vehicle inspections and involved in road accidents with death.
I may have read that wrong as to who was speeding,I will try to find the article, sorry I could not delete my post.
Yeah I was confused because the article stated confusion in what happened,I do remember thinking the witnesses were not telling the truth.They made it sound like the boys were to blame.

Last edited:
The boys were 18 so I'm posting here...My friend and her husband lost their only child in Peru on May 24th. He and his best friend were struck and killed by a speeding bus. They are looking for a Canadian or European doctor who attended to the boys and any passengers on the bus who may have witnessed the accident. The bus was in Cusco, Peru, traveling on Route 28G to Puerto Maldanado. The parents believe they are not being told the truth about the accident and the only statements from the bus came from the driver and his father.

If you recognize the doctor in the photo or if you know anyone who was in Cusco, Peru on May 24th, please contact them. The parents set up an email address for any tips (in the link).

There was a live stream of their press conference on Facebook this morning; if you would like to watch it, contact me.

Southeast High School parents of teens killed in Peru desperately seek help

I am so sorry, I hope the parents find the answers they need.

SARASOTA, Fla. (WWSB) - Less than a month ago, two Southeast High School graduates from Manatee County lost their lives on a graduation trip to Peru.

The two were on scooters when a bus hit and killed them. Now, their parents are making efforts to keep their son’s memories alive.

On Thursday, both families of the boys set up a scholarship fund in their honor as they prepare to say their final goodbyes this weekend.

Scholarship fund created in honor of two Southeast High graduates killed in Peru

Many of the travel companies that set up hikes to machu pichu (spelling might be wrong) start in Cusco. I’m just thinking about how you might find other Americans who may have been in Cusco then to possibly witness.

Why was the dr there? I would check the Facebook pages of some of these travel groups and see if possibly he was doing a trek with one and could have commented on a post there.— long shot but a start. (Hope I’m making sense)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back