Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would he have known? Apparently, he didn't know at the time or he would not have been sitting there accepting and counting the money. After he got the money, he took off to Columbia. Who would have told him? Plus, why would it even upset him? It's not an extradictable offense--he can look that up on the internet. Also, I don't think that Beth H., her attorney, or anyone, really believed he would tell the truth as promised. But once he contacted Kelly, a lawyer, Kelly knew this was a way to have him put in jail--for something. Maybe not for Natalee's disappearance, but for something.

Sort of like they got Al Capone.

imo

I always wondered why no one was discussing this when I posted about it on Friday. I thought it was such an important piece of information because, IMO, this money funded Joran's trip to Peru.

I do remember commenting on this when we first learned of the extortion monies received and how it probably made it possible for him to travel to Peru. IIRC, it was not a popular opinion. I wasn't blaming whoever gave him the money. How could anyone know what he would do once he received it? It's just very sad and I hope the Beth does not feel responsible.

Just jumping in and trying to catch up.

I have read several articles on the internet that Stephany was a lesbian (do not mean that as derogatory remark). I am just stating what I have read.

Is it possible JVS killed her because she refused him sex? It would kind of make sense because her panties were still on, as well as her top part of clothing.

I think the rejection sent him into a rage and he is such an egomaniac, being rejected may have sent him into overkill.

If it was just the laptop thing, then why such a brutal murder?

IMO, it was overkill and rage of was definitely involved.

I'm just not buying the laptop thing. If there was such private info. on there he didn't want anyone to see, then why not take it with him wherever he went? And it should have been password protected.

Sitting down with a huge glass of Merlot,my laptop,gown, and slippers. Reading from way behind as usual,thanks to everyone for keeping us abreast with all the new developments.Can you believe they finally got him? Thank you..

To go with your very comfy sounding circumstances, a piece of advice: Don't try to catch up. Turn off your tv and your computer now and things will remain peachy-keen and relaxed in your life. [lol]

I found BH's lack of comment after the murder rather curious. Sadly this explained it. She must feel just terrible and partially responsible. I know I would feel that way. This is not a criticism of BH. I have nothing but admiration for her dogged pursuit of this monster and justice for her daughter.

For the life of me, I can not understand why BH would feel responsible for the turn of events. Joran is apparently a time bomb that would have killed over and over again, if not in Peru, it would have been somewhere else. BH is possibly responsible in getting him finally stopped in a country that is very effective in apprehending murderers.
For that , she deserves a feather on her cap.

ON
February 11, 2010 Father died from heart.
May 10th Money Wired from Alabama to Netherlands $15,000 this followed a cash payment of $10,000
May 14 Flew From Columbia to Peru
May 30th Death of Stephany 5 years after Natalee disappeared
June 2 body found
June 3 deported into Chile and apprehended
June 4 home in Netherlands raided
June 7 confessed
June 9 arrest

If I have it wrong please correct me it's a work in progress. I'm doing a timeline your input is more than welcomed.
kicked out of Chile (deported "from")

Beth Holloway Twitty is coming up on Entertainment Tonight.

I was out today and saw Beth on a TV, I couldn't get over fast enough to hear what she was saying.

She had tears brimming in her eyes and she looked as emotionally exhausted as she did when she gave interviews almost five years ago.

Bless her. I have tried to imagine what she has gone through for the last five years. I read her book. When I look at my own children---I just can't imagine to what lengths I would go to have them back with me again if they had fallen victim to a JVDS. My children are my weakness and I can't say what I would do, but knowing myself as well as I do, it would probably fall under the category of "anything to get them back". Can you just imagine your child laying out there? <sigh>

All of the above is just my thoughts and opinions.

Of course Joran knew it was a set up; THEY contacted Joran first. Joran is no dummy.

I can see Joran sitting there after being contacted by John Q. Kelly and what John Q offered. Joran is saying to himself; this is a setup.

Well, the post on greta wire does not say that Kelly contacted Joran first about giving him money for information, all it states is that Kelly was there to find out information about Natallee and after having been there, contacted the FBI so they could set up the sting. It could very well be that Joran found out that Kelly was there seeking information and contacted him first; it could be that Joran was the one who first proposed an exchange of money for information. In fact, it had to be. From a legal standpoint, if Kelly was the one to propose the exchange of info for money then he would have had a criminal complaint lodged against him as well. Further, if Kelly was acting as Beth's agent (attorney) when such a proposal was made, then no crime could have been committed because you cannot extort money from yourself.

For the life of me, I can not understand why BH would feel responsible for the turn of events. Joran is apparently a time bomb that would have killed over and over again, if not in Peru, it would have been somewhere else. BH is possibly responsible in getting him finally stopped in a country that is very effective in apprehending murderers.
For that , she deserves a feather on her cap.
As a woman...I tend to feel guilt for most anything.

JVM is still saying she was beat to death with a tennis racquet.

I'm not sure what time it is there on the mainland but JVM started here. LOL my time zones are all w-h-a-c-k-e-d out from jet lag I'm sorry. I think she is on there too?

How would he have known? Apparently, he didn't know at the time or he would not have been sitting there accepting and counting the money. After he got the money, he took off to Columbia. Who would have told him? Plus, why would it even upset him? It's not an extradictable offense--he can look that up on the internet. Also, I don't think that Beth H., her attorney, or anyone, really believed he would tell the truth as promised. But once he contacted Kelly, a lawyer, Kelly knew this was a way to have him put in jail--for something. Maybe not for Natalee's disappearance, but for something.
I agree...but we don't know if he caught wind of it...and fled the area...as opposed to going on a little vacation. We'll probably never know his motives for doing pretty much anything. Right now, we're just speculating. With all these different versions of events, we don't know a heck of a lot...yet.

"On June 3, 2010, Van der Sloot was charged in the U.S. District Court of Northern Alabama with wire fraud and extortion for the amount of US$250,000 in exchange for information on the location of Natalee Holloway's body and the circumstances surrounding her death. The criminal complaint filed with the court reveals that an advance amount of $15,000 had been wired from Alabama to the Netherlands on May 10, 2010.[20] This followed a cash payment on the same day to Van der Sloot of $10,000 that was videotaped by undercover investigators in Aruba.[21] Authorities determined the information that Van der Sloot provided in return turned out to be false."

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joran_van_der_Sloot[/ame]

Can we request a "Translation Thread" in relation to this case?

People could put articles they'd like translated there (which would help prevent duplicates) and then when one of us who can translate has time we can go through and do a bunch and have them there for reference to be used here (but if we keep the whole thing there, that'll help prevent duplicates on translation, too)

I don't mind translating (though I'd rather do print than audio because I can't always listen things depending on where I'm at) things for you guys, but it's way too hard to stay up in here on what needs to be translated - and I know with the speed in here, it's hard to go back and find them all - but we could have that thread specifically of originals and translations as a resource...

MikeB: I wouldn't believe a word of his confession; Not a word.
- these are defense wounds on her body
- where's his injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members