Pet food recalled after 28 dogs die from suspected poisoning

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Pet food sold nationwide recalled after 28 dogs die from suspected poisoning (clickondetroit.com)

Dog, cat food recalled after deaths, illnesses

The FDA has recalled several lots of a popular pet food brand after at least 28 dogs have died from suspected aflatoxin poisoning.

Here’s the info from the FDA:

What is the Problem?

On December 30, 2020, Midwestern Pet Food, Inc. announced a recall of certain lots of Sportmix pet food products after FDA was alerted about reports of at least 28 dogs that have died and eight that have fallen ill after consuming the recalled Sportmix pet food. Multiple product samples were tested by the Missouri Department of Agriculture and found to contain very high levels of aflatoxin. Aflatoxin is a toxin produced by the mold Aspergillus flavus and at high levels it can cause illness and death in pets. The toxin can be present even if there is no visible mold...

Thank you so much for this info. We have 5 dogs within the family. Thankfully we do not purchase this brand but I wonder if it is sold under different names?
Sent it on to family.

Thank you so much for this info. We have 5 dogs within the family. Thankfully we do not purchase this brand but I wonder if it is sold under different names?
Sent it on to family.
When I was a child, we had two dogs. You could not buy canned or dried dog food then. Our dogs were fed by butchers bones and offcuts and table scraps. They lived long and healthy lives.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back