Pet Food Recalls

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

SeekingJana

Reaction score
I thought we needed a place for pet food recalls where people with pets will see it easily.
I will try to keep the list up to date, as I receive instant alerts.
Hope this will help some of us with finicky pets eating unusual foods which don't really get attention with recalls until the area retailers pick the news up.

1/30/19: MINNESOTA RESIDENTS ONLY
Woody's Pet Food Deli is recalling 3 lots of its raw dog food because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella bacteria.

Here are the details:
What’s Being Recalled?
The recalled product was sold in 5-pound plastic containers labeled “Woody’s Pet Food Deli Raw Free Range Turkey” and can be identified by the white date sticker on the cover of the pet food container.

The product was sold at Woody’s Pet Food Deli locations in Minneapolis, St. Paul and Woodbury.

The following three lots of product are being recalled:

• Woody’s Pet Food Deli Raw Free Range Turkey
    Use by date: 01/10/20
    Use by date: 01/12/20
    Use by date: 01/15/20
No other lots of Woody’s Pet Food Deli products are affected by the recall.

What Caused the Recall?
Sampling was begun after the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) identified a human case of Salmonella linked to the pet food.

The person with Salmonella infection was identified as part of an ongoing, multistate investigation of Salmonella Reading infections coordinated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

MDH’s interview of the person revealed that Woody’s Pet Deli raw ground turkey pet food was regularly fed to a pet in the household.

The pet also tested positive for Salmonella, but not the outbreak strain.

In February 2018, MDA and MDH investigated two other cases of Salmonella Reading that matched the outbreak strain and were linked to raw ground turkey pet food from a different manufacturer.

Thank you, and it's for anyone to contribute recall info, of course.
I am not sure I get every cat food or other animal food recall alert email, as we only have our small pet dogs.
A person with an exotic- type animal, a horse, or other pet might want to find a group devoted to health and updates for them.

I know there's been many horse food recalls and deaths due to contaminants through the years. Breaks my animal- loving heart.

1/31/19 For Immediate release:
Hill's Pet Nutrition is recalling multiple lots of BOTH its Prescription Diet and Science Diet dog foods due to elevated levels of vitamin D.In the United States, the affected canned dog foods were distributed through retail pet stores and veterinary clinics nationwide. No dry foods, cat foods, or treats are affected.

Very high levels of vitamin D can lead to serious health issues in dogs, including kidney dysfunction.

The following products and lot numbers are affected by the recall is a huge list and can be checked against your Hill's canned dog food supply:https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm630232.htm000

FDA Statement:
"Pet parents who purchased the product with the specific lot/date codes listed should discontinue feeding and dispose of those products immediately. To have discarded products replaced at no cost, please contact Hill’s via our website or at 1-800-445-5777.

Hill’s Pet Nutrition learned of the potential for elevated vitamin D levels in some of our canned dog foods after receiving a complaint in the United States about a dog exhibiting signs of elevated vitamin D levels. Our investigation confirmed elevated levels of vitamin D due to a supplier error.

We care deeply about all pets and are committed to providing pet parents with safe and high quality products. Hill’s has identified and isolated the error and, to prevent this from happening again, we have required our supplier to implement additional quality testing prior to their release of ingredients. In addition to our existing safety processes, we are adding our own further testing of incoming ingredients.

For further information, please contact Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. at 1-800-445-5777 Monday-Friday during the hours of 9am-5pm (CST) or at contactus@hillspet.com. Information can also be found at www.hillspet.com/productlist

This voluntary recall only impacts canned dog food and primarily in the United States. It is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Impacted products outside of the United States will be subject to separate notices on the country-specific website. If you are outside of the United States, please check your own country’s Hill’s website for more information."

I posted the link to the FDA page with every type of Hill's canned dog food recalled. It's a huge document. IF your dog eats Hill's canned food, please check the FDA's complete listing as of today.

My personal note- If you give another type of Hill's food to your pet or pets, whether dog or other, you might also want to check for future recalls. I will keep an eye on this and notify all pet owners if there are future problems with Hill's or other brands with high Vitamin D content. ( The rationale is that sometimes, companies share some of the same sources for the ingredients).
A recall so specific can happen a second time to include more products when a manufacturer finds an urgent problem with one type of products, then starts to test their other products for the same defects.

The HILL'S DOG FOOD is killing dogs all over the USA.
If you feed your dog canned Hill's food, please check their website for an UPDATED LIST of all lots and dates of food included in the recall for very high levels of Vitamin D.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel
Back