PICTURE!!!!! Is it Maddie???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking too. Along with the fact that that picture could be a million little girls with blonde hair.

Yes but the whole point is that there aren't a million little blonde haired girls in Morocco. The natives are black.

Food for thought....Instead of focusing on the picture. Put your mind and ideas on the person or persons taking the picture. IF they thought that was Madeleine so much that they snapped a grainey picture... why didn't they follow the group and get a better picture? Or shout Madeleine's name to see if she reacted? Or at the very least followed them to see where they went and what they were up to? Why if you thought you saw Madeleine so much so that you took a crappy picture would you stop there?
Was the person taking the picture walking or in a car? Why only one picture?

This is what stuck out to me:

Clarence Mitchell, a spokesman for the McCanns, said last night: “The picture poses serious questions. The child does appear to look like Madeleine. Kate and Gerry are keen to establish what exactly we are seeing here.” http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298072,00.html

I don't even know what to think about who did what anymore, BUT what puzzles me is they have from day one dismissed all possible sightings and said they didn't want to know about it (or whatever it was) because it would be a let down anyway.

How come this change of heart? I've so far only seen them do things that suited them. So I have to wonder that they're interested because it suits them. Why does it suit them? Because it takes the heat off of them being suspects. And like I said - I have no idea who did what.... if Madeleine's dead or missing.... but this is very puzzling to me.

With so many independent reports, I think it would lend credence and hope that these are actual sightings.

Where the hell are the Mc's with their reactions to this????? Pressy anyone? This is insane imo. IF they allegedly believe it could be her then why aren't they speaking? What is their opinion? We've seen time and time again parents of a missing child begging for tips. Speaking out about possibilites (looks at Sharon R and Laci's case). She commented on the possibilities before she questioned Scott's innocence.

Where are the Mc's or their spokesperson(s) and why aren't they commenting?

This tells us more than the picture imo.

Food for thought....Instead of focusing on the picture. Put your mind and ideas on the person or persons taking the picture. IF they thought that was Madeleine so much that they snapped a grainey picture... why didn't they follow the group and get a better picture? Or shout Madeleine's name to see if she reacted? Or at the very least followed them to see where they went and what they were up to? Why if you thought you saw Madeleine so much so that you took a crappy picture would you stop there?

Quote from the woman that took the picture:

"We saw a blonde girl who caught our eye. We both looked at each other. We thought of Madeleine but we didn't think any more about it, as we thought it would be impossible," Torres told Spanish news agency EFE about the possible sighting.

Remarkably, the photograph stayed undeveloped in Torres' camera for almost a month, says CBS News reporter Meg Oliver.

"I've been kicking myself because these 25 days have been lost … The moment I realized, I handed over the photo to the authorities," said Torres.

Link to rest of the article.

Yes but the whole point is that there aren't a million little blonde haired girls in Morocco. The natives are black.

People in Morocco aren't black. They're olive skinned. Unless that's what you mean with black?

This never crossed my mind. Very good point!!! Why didn't they follow them?? Do something more than take one picture? Not that I'm judging. Maybe they were scared? Maybe they snapped the picture and didn't notice the blonde girl until afterwards??

"We saw a blonde girl who caught our eye. We both looked at each other. We thought of Madeleine but we didn't think any more about it, as we thought it would be impossible," Torres told Spanish news agency EFE about the possible sighting.

Remarkably, the photograph stayed undeveloped in Torres' camera for almost a month, says CBS News reporter Meg Oliver.

"I've been kicking myself because these 25 days have been lost … The moment I realized, I handed over the photo to the authorities," said Torres.

Well that answers my questions! Thanks!

Where the hell are the Mc's with their reactions to this????? Pressy anyone? This is insane imo. IF they allegedly believe it could be her then why aren't they speaking? What is their opinion? We've seen time and time again parents of a missing child begging for tips. Speaking out about possibilites (looks at Sharon R and Laci's case). She commented on the possibilities before she questioned Scott's innocence.

Where are the Mc's or their spokesperson(s) and why aren't they commenting?

This tells us more than the picture imo.

Quote from the same article I linked in my last post:

The McCanns, who traveled to Morocco this summer as they publicized their daughter's disappearance, are said to be impressed by the latest photo, but they remain guarded.

Speaking to Britain's Sky News on Wednesday, McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said "there are certainly questions to be answered" about the new photo.

Mitchell said the McCanns were waiting to hear what the police, who are using facial recognition technology to examine the photo, say about the likelihood of it being their daughter.

But he added that one positive aspect of the new focus for the case is that it "refocuses the campaign on finding her."

Bold emphasis mine.
Link to article.

I think it's wise for them to not get their hopes up without more information.

With so many independent reports, I think it would lend credence and hope that these are actual sightings.

But that has been the fact too with others (many independent reports). Plus this is only one report, true, with a pic, but it could be anyone. What about the many different reports who claim to have seen her elsewhere but that was dismissed because .... why? I just don't understand why all of a sudden they are interested in a sighting like there have been so many others.

I guess what I really don't understand is why they dismissed all the others. If they really have nothing to do with her disapperance other than negligence, this is how they should have reacted all the time.

All I can say is these people are idiots. This case is in the news everyday.. and they possibly had a picture of her for over a month? The article mentions a 'camera' and 'film' so that leaves out a cell phone pic.

But that has been the fact too with others (many independent reports). Plus this is only one report, true, with a pic, but it could be anyone. What about the many different reports who claim to have seen her elsewhere but that was dismissed because .... why? I just don't understand why all of a sudden they are interested in a sighting like there have been so many others.

Where else have there been this many independent sightings in one area?

I forget where they were. Wasn't it on some island? Also please read the part where I edited my post. Thanks.

I just noticed your Ohio State logo in your siggy. As a lifelong Wolverine, I want you to know just how difficult it will be for me to be civil to you in the future. :D :D

~~~~~~~~
Seriously now-

I don't think there have been this many independent reports of sightings anywhere else, which would explain why the higher hopes for Morocco. Also, we don't really know if other sightings have been ignored. The McCann's investigators may very well have checked out anything credible enough to look at.

What Paulo Reis is reporting:

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2007/09/fourth-witness-says-she-saw-madeleine.html

"A source from the head office of Moroccan Police told us that the “Sureté Nacional” (Moroccan Intelligence Services) has already identified the man that was helping the family carrying their bags and they found that it's a family of Moroccan immigrants that lives in Europe. Moroccan intelligence services keep on investigating the last sightings, according to the same source."

Good Grief! :banghead:

"We thought of Madeleine but we didn't think any more about it" :eek:

25 Days? :chicken: Why didn't they call the police that day? Someone could have stopped them on the road right away. :mad:

This is what stuck out to me:

Clarence Mitchell, a spokesman for the McCanns, said last night: “The picture poses serious questions. The child does appear to look like Madeleine. Kate and Gerry are keen to establish what exactly we are seeing here.” http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298072,00.html

I don't even know what to think about who did what anymore, BUT what puzzles me is they have from day one dismissed all possible sightings and said they didn't want to know about it (or whatever it was) because it would be a let down anyway.

How come this change of heart? I've so far only seen them do things that suited them. So I have to wonder that they're interested because it suits them. Why does it suit them? Because it takes the heat off of them being suspects. And like I said - I have no idea who did what.... if Madeleine's dead or missing.... but this is very puzzling to me.

Couldn't agree more. They were adamant about not getting on the "roller coaster" of sightings.

I think the difference is Clarence Mitchell is running the show now. It will take some time to prove or disprove this sighting, but the impression that "Madeleine McCann was seen in Morocco" will remain in the public's mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro