PI's following out of state lead on Picture of Caylee.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chilly....I found it, I found it! :woohoo:

This is a video report dated 9/26/08. I've transcribed part of it in case anyone needs to reference it again:

http://www.wesh.com/video/17645885/index.html

Beginning at about 1:30 into the video:
"On the stand, Melich also said there was an overwhelming stench of death in the car. [Clip of Yuri - 'In my experience, the smell I smelled inside that car was the smell of decomposition.'] According to our sources, lab tests have been ongoing as recently as this week to "triple-check" that evidence. Investigators say they're confident those tests will provide 'ironclad proof' that Caylee's body was in the car, how her body was positioned and that strands of her hair fell out after she died. Investigators have also confirmed what WESH2 first reported, that high levels of chloroform were in the trunk."
Hope that's in some way helpful! :)

ETA: I assume that the only way they'd know that strands of her hair fell out AFTER she died would be due to a death band being present?

How is arguing on here wasting anybody's time? We wouldn't be on WS if we didn't want to argue about facts of cases. (Well, most of us wouldn't, anyway.)
I will concede that there is not a direct quote from a named LE source saying that death bands have been found on hair in the trunk. :blowkiss:
But I still maintain there are direct quotes that say Caylee is dead.

You're right, there isn't a direct quote on that, either.

Add that to the lengthy list that LE can't seem to muster.

We've learned that LE still, to this day, cannot make a definite and direct statement themselves, that Caylee Marie Anthony is, indeed deceased.
Actually, we don't know if they cannot, only that to date they have not.

Whether that is because they can't or because they won't is at this point known only to LE.

Chilly....I found it, I found it! :woohoo:

This is a video report dated 9/26/08. I've transcribed part of it in case anyone needs to reference it again:

http://www.wesh.com/video/17645885/index.html

Beginning at about 1:30 into the video:
"On the stand, Melich also said there was an overwhelming stench of death in the car. [Clip of Yuri - 'In my experience, the smell I smelled inside that car was the smell of decomposition.'] According to our sources, lab tests have been ongoing as recently as this week to "triple-check" that evidence. Investigators say they're confident those tests will provide 'ironclad proof' that Caylee's body was in the car, how her body was positioned and that strands of her hair fell out after she died. Investigators have also confirmed what WESH2 first reported, that high levels of chloroform were in the trunk."
Hope that's in some way helpful! :)

Again, unnamed sources is nothing more than garbage.

Originally Posted by Chilly Willy
Exactly. Caylee's hair with a death band would be absolute proof that Caylee is dead. I really think if LE had that, Casey's swinging back porch would be sitting in jail right now.

Actually, I think that even if they had proof that Caylee is dead they still wouldn't arrest her. The still have to know what caused her death, and if they think it is KC, what would her motive be?

Actually, we don't know if they cannot, only that to date they have not.

Whether that is because they can't or because they won't is at this point known only to LE.

Either way, they're refusing to own their own intentional "leaks".

Again, unnamed sources is nothing more than garbage.

Well, that's your interpretation. I felt this reporter wasn't just mouthing off...he had a lot of very specific information and quotes. He clearly said "investigators say" -- not some vague, "according to an unnamed/inside source" or "source close to the investigation."

Hey, choose to believe it if you want or not if you don't. But your opinion isn't everyone else's, obviously. Time will tell!

IMO LE has proof that Caylee is dead. There is not huge rush to arrest here, I think they are making sure they have a solid case against Casey and potentially anyone else who may have been involved during or after Caylees death. I am sure finding Caylees body would help the case and they are going to exhaust that avenue before charging her.

LE is not going to come out and give the public all the evidence they have against Casey before charges are filed and she is in court. I feel like they are giving us everything they can without hurting the case.

I have full confidence in LE.

Well, that's your interpretation. I felt this reporter wasn't just mouthing off...he had a lot of very specific information and quotes. He clearly said "investigators say" -- not some vague, "according to an unnamed/inside source" or "source close to the investigation."

Hey, choose to believe it if you want or not if you don't. But your opinion isn't everyone else's, obviously. Time will tell!

If I cared about my opinion matching everyone else's, I'd be aimlessly pounding my keyboard day in and day out with "she's dead, she's dead, she's dead."

Obviously, that's not an issue with me. ;)

Either way, they're refusing to own their own intentional "leaks".
There's a long history of everyone from LE to politicians to movie-star publicists giving background information to the press off the record and not for attribution.

With all due respect, so what? Casey will either be charged with killing her daughter, or she won't. If she is, the evidence will be presented at trial. If she isn't, Casey will have grounds to file a civil suit against the state for defamation.

In the meantime, we wait. Impatiently.

When did this case turn from a missing person to a homicide? Did LE make a statememt saying it is now a homicide?

Wish I had BeanE. Just wondering what happened to the discussion of the p.i. going out of state. I think I stumbled upon the rant thread instead.

Yeah, let's all take a deep breath and think about how this picture could possibly prove that Caylee is alive. :waitasec:

When did this case turn from a missing person to a homicide? Did LE make a statememt saying it is now a homicide?

No, they haven't and that's another thing that has me stumped. In the Scott Peterson case there was absolutely no forensic evidence to indicate that Laci and Conner were deceased yet it was tagged as a homicide case almost immediately. With so much forensic evidence against Casey, I can't understand what's taking so long.

Well first of all you insult everyone who believes that she's alive by calling them illogical, and implying that the "she's dead" group are the only ones who have logical application skills.

That aside, explain your last line - because I take that as yet another lame dagger thrown to those who believe that she's alive, as if we don't want her to be found?!?

You couldn't be more wrong on both counts, actually.
Yes...and traveling all over the country and putting innocent people into this is always going to subject this child into being found...when we know that her body was in the trunk of that car.

We would ALL prefer that Casey tell us where Caylee is now. We already know where she was.

IMO LE has proof that Caylee is dead. There is not huge rush to arrest here, I think they are making sure they have a solid case against Casey and potentially anyone else who may have been involved during or after Caylees death. I am sure finding Caylees body would help the case and they are going to exhaust that avenue before charging her.

LE is not going to come out and give the public all the evidence they have against Casey before charges are filed and she is in court. I feel like they are giving us everything they can without hurting the case.

I have full confidence in LE.

I agree completely! There's no rush for them to charge her, so why wouldn't they continue to search for Caylee's body up until that time expires? One, it would bring closure for the family and allow that little darling to be laid properly to rest (maybe they feel the only chance Casey might cooperate in helping locate her will come prior to charges, too). Secondly, it would likely yield even more evidence to strengthen their case if they could locate her.

Plenty of reason not to file charges the second they have amassed enough evidence when there's potentially even more to be had. I bet there are some who would be complaining if she had been charged, saying LE wasn't thoroughly investigating and had rushed to judgment. LE just can't win with some folks.

Nice post, Busylady. :)

Yes...and traveling all over the country and putting innocent people into this is always going to subject this child into being found...when we know that her body was in the trunk of that car.

We would ALL prefer that Casey tell us where Caylee is now. We already know where she was.

When you say "we" who are you refering to?

Yeah, let's all take a deep breath and think about how this picture could possibly prove that Caylee is alive. :waitasec:

Unless there is some way to date the picture, assuming one really exists, as being taken after the day she disappeared, I don't know how it will prove anything. Perhaps it will give us the face of the "real" ZFG, but I think that's very unlikely considering there is no ZFG.

I agree Stead. If there is a picture, I'm going to be interested in finding out why it was not made known to LE and/or the FBI. And unless it shows KC in the act of doing something horrible to Caylee, I agree with an earlier poster that it will show nothing, nada, zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18