Plea or Tip? Will there be an arrest?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way I am sure police will have to tell us soon enough whether JAG is a suspect or not, or if they have another suspect.

Perhaps it was someone who did NOT want JAG to get credit for his crime. They may have stayed quiet until now because they had no reason to claim it. Now they don't want the credit if you will going to the wrong person. Just a thought.

Sometimes police have a suspect but it takes them a while to collect/present evidence.

True, unless the finding of the body is splashed all over the media in the area where the perp lives and they disclose on a televised presser that essentially someone told them where to find the body! No way would they make an announcement of locating her body based on a tip if they thought the perp could take off!

Maybe the LE gave immunity for info for right now.
Maybe there was an arrest.....and not public yet.
anyone check booking sight of the area?
I do not know there county booking files.
LE keeping it all under wraps and close to vest.
Locals suppose to be a 10 pm news report on JAG.
It will be 1 am here,I'll be asleep, hopefully.

Things happen when the case is on the news, as Amber was because of Chelsea's case.
something as 'impactful' as finding a body in a remote area of a park that lies in the area of the John Gardner corridor? I think his hunting ground will be well established and founded when this is all said and done. moo

If JAG is responsible and the person who gave LE the info on where to find the body is linked to him they could have received immunity in exchange for information on where to locate the remains and testimony against JAG.

something as 'impactful' as finding a body in a remote area of a park that lies in the area of the John Gardner corridor? I think his hunting ground will be well established and founded when this is all said and done. moo

They found the body because someone (not JAG) has tipped LE.
That someone apparently tipped LE because Chelsea's case (and therefore Amber's) was on the news.
I am sure we will know soon enough whether JAG is the suspect in Amber's case.

Given that her remains were found ::early:: (stressed here on the news) Saturday morning, I agree...either the perp is in jail or he's been very, very monitored.

And, given that they could have kept this under wraps - they waited well over 24 hours before it was even announced that there was this unexpected press conference today, there's a reason we've not heard of someone else suddenly arrested that is a possible 'candidate.'

No one had an inkling this was going down - heck, everyone was talking about Kit Carson Park for the last 48 hours - why was this publicized now if a) the person isn't arrested, or b) there's some strategy and he's out and they're waiting for...? to arrest them.

Seems it's got to be one or the other, doesn't it?

SoCal, they did say FBI got involved yesterday because of the proximity to reservation grounds. Would that factor in as what could be done if it were someone on the reservation?

I don't believe for a second anyone else helped with the crime. The PI's word is not gospel and we need to take it with a grain of salt. If the info didn't come from JAG or from evidence found in searches, my guess is that either his parents revealed possible locations based on places he would go or that someone driving by saw something and didn't think it a big deal at the time but recognized his face or vehicle from the Chelsea news.

If the information didn't come from him it could have come from a relative, friend, ex- girlfriend, psychologist, cell mate, etc. It may be as innocent as something he said to someone in passing that they never really knew if it was true or relevant. So many possibilities.

If JAG is responsible and the person who gave LE the info on where to find the body is linked to him they could have received immunity in exchange for information on where to locate the remains and testimony against JAG.

But I thought that JAG didn't have any friends? Maybe I'm wrong. True, the tipster might not be arrested--but the perp would be. Can you imagine if the perp wasn't arrested and he went out and killed again? How would the police explain that? Then maybe it's a juvenile. Way back when a girl was murdered on Long Island and everyone in the school knew about it and would go out to show other people her dead body in the woods--but no one ever told--and we're talking about 50-70 kids who knew and said nothing.

I don't believe anyone else helped with this crime and even if they had there are numerous reasons for no arrest.

I wonder if they could have gotten this info another way. A GPS from someone's car that he borrowed? A map?

I don't believe for a second anyone else helped with the crime. The PI's word is not gospel and we need to take it with a grain of salt. If the info didn't come from JAG or from evidence found in searches, my guess is that either his parents revealed possible locations based on places he would go or that someone driving by saw something and didn't think it a big deal at the time but recognized his face or vehicle from the Chelsea news.

The body is found in a remote location where the searchers couldn't even get to. I sincerely doubt anyone was driving by at the time.

But I thought that JAG didn't have any friends? Maybe I'm wrong. True, the tipster might not be arrested--but the perp would be. Can you imagine if the perp wasn't arrested and he went out and killed again? How would the police explain that? Then maybe it's a juvenile. Way back when a girl was murdered on Long Island and everyone in the school knew about it and would go out to show other people her dead body in the woods--but no one ever told--and we're talking about 50-70 kids who knew and said nothing.

I think the perp was JAG. If it wasn't JAG I believe the police would just come out and say that it wasn't him and they would more than likely have arrested the responsible party BEFORE making the announcement (especially since no one was onto the find!)

The body is found in a remote location where the searchers couldn't even get to. I sincerely doubt anyone was driving by at the time.

If that's the case, then I believe the info came from JAG and the PI was talking out his rear or that a parent/friend revealed places he liked to hike etc.

The thought that someone besides the murderer possibly knew the exact location of this lady is positively frightening, discouraging, and disgusting all at the same time.

I wonder if they could have gotten this info another way. A GPS from someone's car that he borrowed? A map?

All of the info I have read have said that they got the tip from someone. Someone who knew where Amber was but didn't come forward until now because of the pain the community was going through due to the murder of Chelsea (I am paraphrasing from memory on that!) So apparently it is a someone, not a GPS or map.

All the local news was saying they were specifically given the spot, and that it had nothing to do with what happened yesterday in Kit Carson, but that this was VERY specifically told to them.

And then immediately went into, after a year and no tips, sources are saying that there is more than coincidence that this falls on the heels of what happened with Chelsea, but that LEO won't confirm that.

I think it was either a plea OR someone close to JAG knew where she was and told now that he's in jail (and likely going to wind up with the death penalty being pursued)...in other words, they told knowing JAG won't have access to them for telling where Amber was.

Oh my goodness...my heart sank when I saw the headline. Most often I am lurking. I don't know how many more of these cases I can follow. My heart goes to her family. Well no words can express to thoughts.

My first thought was JAG mommy finally found it within herself to give up the info about her son. He told someone...and my gut tells me that person agreed to silence but if it happened again they would talk.

I am sure JAG has some friends. He also has ex-girlfriends, parents, relatives, co-workers, etc. It could be anyone, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV