Please Update George's Condition or New Developments Here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. If he's getting solid treatment and begins to move toward mental health, he just might choose to find a small apartment or stay with a friend or family, maybe even out of the city, where his progress can continue. Changing the triggers is a great thing. It could be wonderful for him. Leaving a toxic environment can really help deal with the reality of a situation. btw, I understand what you're saying. Just wanted to add on to your fine post. :)

Excellent point that I didn't consider.

I agree to an extent, however, he will have to eventually face that house to move out of it. And who knows if that's what he wants to do or what he even needs to do to get well again. This could very well bring out a strength in him he didn't know he had.

I have to apologize, I didn't mean running away like a child would run away. But he will have some tough things to face very soon, tougher than what he's going through right at this moment. I would prefer he is able to face them head on with the strength of a thousand bulls then feel like he can't deal with any of it. I do believe that strength will come from being able to be in that house again. And being able to reconcile all that has happened in this short amount of time.

I truly understand what you're saying. I agree with all of it except that he must return to the house in order to be *free* of it. Of course he'd have to pack his things (well, maybe not -- he doesn't have to physically go back there at all, he could just start fresh). He does have to find a way to communicate with his family, that's for sure. A whole new dialogue, a whole new language.

Ha ha. I'm in fantasy-land probably. He might be champing at the bit to get back home this very minute. :)

Heck, I'd tell him to even rent a room with a nice family of strangers in a different part of town or try to get into a work/live halfway rehab type place (dunno if they exist but...) so he can feel he's accomplishing something (right livelihood) and still have emotional support. Have others at the dinner table, have others to watch TV, play ping-pong, whatever. Pulling for you, George!

We'd have to know what he wants first and I don't think he's talking. Perhaps in an ideal world he could just get away and never have to deal with it again but the reality is it's always going to be there for him.

I truly do hope he's on the road to recovery so he can make it through this. He does have a lot of demons to face and eventually he will have to to make a complete recovery. If that's even possible considering the details in this case.

Stay on topic of this thread **Update George's Condition or New Developments **

If you don't find your post it's because I deleted it for being O/T chit-chat or other posts (& replies) that don't apply to the subject of this thread.

Hopefully GA will have a good support system set up by discharge date. It will be up to him to follow through with the counseling after discharge. I can't believe his psychiatrist would allow him to return to the enviroment that led him to suicidal ideology. I hope CA isn't trying to direct the psych team on whats best for GA. I personally can't invision her accepting that she isn't privy to GA's discussions with therapists. I hope his current support system helps him realize he isn't alone with whatever his thoughts might be. These therapist might just be the ones to hear the first set of truths evolving in this case. :)

Bold is mine!

:clap::clap:

I'm hoping GA will not go back to the Hopespring house. Possibly a stay with his parents, would be better. I can't imagine living in that house with Caylee's remains being found just at the end of the street.

I agree! There's far too many daily reminders.........Caylee's bedroom, Casey's bedroom, all the toys, the backyard playhouse and sandbox - all which will remind him of Caylee.

George would be far better off staying with someone else. As I mentioned earlier in this thread.........he does have a sister, whom apparently does live nearby as she was helping George initially when he was setting up a card table and distributing flyers. And, there was mention many many months ago of a close family friend, a man George has known for a long time. I think this man spent some time with him in the beginning of the case.

I wonder exactly what is meant when they say George his choosing to stay in the hospital. It's not like it's a hotel, people aren't given a choice of staying unless it's medically necessary.

I thought the defense was going to release the remains as soon as last week, now it's next week. It's no wonder George is struggling.

I'm a little behind but I think that George could have choosen to go home and wait there while a hospital that fit his needs was found or he could stay there at the hospital until a place was found. He chose to remain at the hospital and wait until another hospital was found. I think he made a good choice. Going home to wait could have taken him right back where he just came from.

I wonder if it isn't Casey who is controlling when Caylee's remains will be released. This is the last hold she has over her parents and it seems to me that she isn't ready to give up that power and control yet. I don't see how the defense could still need Caylee's remains for anything. They've had them for ages now.

IMO, GA needs the help and I think GA has so much to say that he feels so emotional about.
GA loves KC but IMO GA knows KC did this horrendous deed.
GA was told to keep up the lies in exchange for CA love.
GA is a torn man trying to get whole again.
I think GA will tell the truth when he gets out to clear up his consciense and heal.

Yeah I had it backwards but the above clears it all up. I always thought it was 7 days though for some reason.

Oh I know why, they force you to wait 7 days for a gun in case your crazy but only keep you in the hospital for 72 hours if they actually think your crazy.

I was thinking that because they will probably remove his firearm from the house again once he is released, if they ever gave it back. If he is not given a clean bill on the way out and place him on out patient status I believe it is also iillegal to have one in the house based on the baker act. There was something on that issue in the above link as well.

People saying that anyone that needs mental health help is "crazy" is what has caused many people to go without getting the help they needed or need. This is a new day and age and thousands of people are on antidepressants and they are not labled "crazy." It is a chemical imbalance in the brain and nothing to be ashamed of. People who have mental illness are becoming more open about their problems because people have gained an understanding of the different illnesses. It is no different then having cancer or any illness. The word "crazy" isn't used by most intelligent people in this day and age.

I'm a little behind but I think that George could have choosen to go home and wait there while a hospital that fit his needs was found or he could stay there at the hospital until a place was found. He chose to remain at the hospital and wait until another hospital was found. I think he made a good choice. Going home to wait could have taken him right back where he just came from.

I wonder if it isn't Casey who is controlling when Caylee's remains will be released. This is the last hold she has over her parents and it seems to me that she isn't ready to give up that power and control yet. I don't see how the defense could still need Caylee's remains for anything. They've had them for ages now.

I know that JB has power of atty of Caylee's remains, as this was said to the judge during a hearing. So he gets the credit for her remains not being released legally. However, I totally agree that Casey has authority. I'll bet it is written what he can and cannot do with her remains. Imo, Casey killed Caylee to hurt CA and GA and this is what motivates her presently as well. CA doesn't realize it, but I'm hoping GA understands it.

Could George be hospitalized for prescription medication issues?

IMO, GA needs the help and I think GA has so much to say that he feels so emotional about.
GA loves KC but IMO GA knows KC did this horrendous deed.
GA was told to keep up the lies in exchange for CA love.
GA is a torn man trying to get whole again.
I think GA will tell the truth when he gets out to clear up his consciense and heal.

I think there's likely a lot of emotions involved that make up the problem............his grief over the loss of Caylee, his grief that his daughter murdered his granddaughter, having to keep up a lie that Caylee was alive and kidnapped when he likely knew the truth, guilt over wondering if there was something he could have done to prevent Caylee's death, and guilt over the way Casey turned out, wondering if his parenting or lack of parenting caused her to be the way she is.

In order to get to the root of George's depression and suicidal feelings, he will probably need to talk about everything that's happened with professional counselors. That might help George understand that in order to heal he must deal with the truth. That may lead to George deciding he needs to tell LE the truth.

The topic of this thread is about any new developments regarding George's condition or hospitalization. if your post is about anything else move it out---------> to the proper thread. I see mods have spent way too much time in here.

Stay on topic of this thread **Update George's Condition or New Developments **

If you don't find your post it's because I deleted it for being O/T chit-chat or other posts (& replies) that don't apply to the subject of this thread.
yeah what she said.:)

According to the reporter from People on NG tonight, George has been in hospital voluntarily since the 72 hours expired. He looked like he was reporting from the hospital.

Where wil he go after he is released... I am not sure returning home to Cindy would be his best choice in order to fully recover. I really feel sorry for George.

I'm relieved he hasn't been released as of yet. He's probably just now beginning to feel a tad better as the medications are now starting to take effect. Initial effects take approximately two weeks to surface.

The other thing I want to mention is his feeling safe where he is. When I was hospitalized for severe postpartum mood disorder after the birth of my second child I will never forget the feeling of safety I had. Not only that my children were safe from me (I don't want to get into all the sordid details but feel free to PM me if you have any questions) but I was safe from myself. There is a comfort that comes with that that I'm not sure I can fully explain.

Eventually GA will have to return home. Part of healing is being able to deal with your current situation. He will not get better with just meds and running away. This is where his therapy will be most beneficial. He will learn coping and life skills that can help him deal with what is going on now and what he might have to endure in the future.

I'd like to try to address the 'comfort' portion you mentioned above. (The other bolded portions are very important to understand, too!)

While in the hospital now, George isn't really responsible for anything at all other than following through on proscribed steps like attending counseling sessions and swallowing when his meds are provided to him.

He is guided when to eat, when to sleep, when to bathe, when he can have visitors, etc. Virtually all decisions are being made for him during this time, although he can speak up and add input. He doesn't have to do, be or hide anything under this type of care.

Patients are often relieved to be away from the normal little things in daily life; phones ringing, having to socialize with other people, caring for themselves or their home. And those are just the things that 'normal' patients are grateful to have respite from. Extrapolate that in George's case:

There is a comfort in that having had to keep certain things in control, be controlled by others around him, the media, on-going legal events, etc. The sheer peace that just comes from patients being able to pass the reins over to others for a while is part of the healing, and the therapy. I would imagine that is being felt many times more by GA now.

Taking steps to regain control of himself and his circumstances will be a long road ahead.

No wonder he is 'comfortable' right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin