Please Update George's Condition or New Developments Here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they would have begun to detox him off of them upon arrival.

I don't think that is the case here, though, IMO

Me either, Britney S maybe.

A family member of mine, took Xanax for about 6 months and popped them alot. Xanax is very dangerous. She got them through her work. I think the average dose was 2mil, she did 8mil/day or more. She decided when things were getting better in her life she didn't need them. Went cold turkey. That was where it went haywire. She couldn't stop having anger issues at work, home, and was having seizures, shaking, some vision loss, & became irrational in thought. Physically she was thinning, her use of her arms were evident & held close to her, withdrawn. She went to a hospital rehab. It took 9 days before she was released. She withdrew from family, and ended up back in the hospital rehab another 2 weeks a year later, then about 6 months of counselling. (sic) She's doing fine now and hope it stays that way. Anyway, maybe GA could have been abusing perscription drugs, but haven't seen any evidence of perscription drug abuse. ??? The A's were out of the limelight before he went in. Still doubting.

I'd like to try to address the 'comfort' portion you mentioned above. (The other bolded portion are very important to understand, too!)

While in the hospital now, George isn't really responsible for anything at all other than following through on proscribed steps like attending counseling sessions and swallowing when his meds are provided to him.

He is guided when to eat, when to sleep, when to bathe, when he can have visitors, etc. Virtually all decisions are being made for him during this time, although he can speak up and add input. He doesn't have to do, be or hide anything under this type of care.

Patients are often relieved to be away from the normal little things in daily life; phones ringing, having to socialize with other people, caring for themselves or their home. And those are just the things that 'normal' patients are grateful to have respite from. Extrapolate that in George's case:

There is a comfort in that having had to keep certain things in control, be controlled by others around him, the media, on-going legal events, etc. The sheer peace that just comes from patients being able to pass the reins over to others for a while is part of the healing, and the therapy. I would imagine that is being felt many times more by GA now.

Taking steps to regain control of himself and his circumstances will be a long road ahead.

No wonder he is 'comfortable' right now.

Excellent explanation! :clap::clap::clap:

Me either, Britney S maybe.

A family member of mine, took Xanax for about 6 months and popped them alot. Xanax is very dangerous. She got them through her work. I think the average dose was 2mil, she did 8mil/day or more. She decided when things were getting better in her life she didn't need them. Went cold turkey. That was where it went haywire. She couldn't stop having anger issues at work, home, and was having seizures, shaking, some vision loss, & became irrational in thought. Physically she was thinning, her use of her arms were evident & held close to her, withdrawn. She went to a hospital rehab. It took 9 days before she was released. She withdrew from family, and ended up back in the hospital rehab another 2 weeks a year later, then about 6 months of counselling. (sic) She's doing fine now and hope it stays that way. Anyway, maybe GA could have been abusing perscription drugs, but haven't seen any evidence of perscription drug abuse. ??? The A's were out of the limelight before he went in. Still doubting.

Your family member's story is not atypical. I am sorry she had to go through that.

I agree that it doesn't appear that we've seen signs of prescription drug abuse. Then again, it would depend upon the type of drug.

I have nothing to link this on, but I am still maintaining that detoxing GA was not the primary treatment issue at the time of his admission. Stabilizing meds, or beginning him on them seems far more likely.

Best thing for him, to stay under treatment right now.

I'd like to try to address the 'comfort' portion you mentioned above. (The other bolded portions are very important to understand, too!)

While in the hospital now, George isn't really responsible for anything at all other than following through on proscribed steps like attending counseling sessions and swallowing when his meds are provided to him.

He is guided when to eat, when to sleep, when to bathe, when he can have visitors, etc. Virtually all decisions are being made for him during this time, although he can speak up and add input. He doesn't have to do, be or hide anything under this type of care.

Patients are often relieved to be away from the normal little things in daily life; phones ringing, having to socialize with other people, caring for themselves or their home. And those are just the things that 'normal' patients are grateful to have respite from. Extrapolate that in George's case:

There is a comfort in that having had to keep certain things in control, be controlled by others around him, the media, on-going legal events, etc. The sheer peace that just comes from patients being able to pass the reins over to others for a while is part of the healing, and the therapy. I would imagine that is being felt many times more by GA now.

Taking steps to regain control of himself and his circumstances will be a long road ahead.

No wonder he is 'comfortable' right now.

Great post! The hard part is putting it all to the test once ya get back out into the "real world", ya know?

Don't you think that if the unthinkable happened and KC was not found guilty, it would be much harder for GA to resolve issue. Just basic issue like who did it or how did it happen etc? No answers to questions, let alone dealing with the horrible answers?

Don't you think that if the unthinkable happened and KC was not found guilty, it would be much harder for GA to resolve issue. Just basic issue like who did it or how did it happen etc? No answers to questions, let alone dealing with the horrible answers?

As unlikely as an Not Guilty verdict is, IF that did come to pass, it would likely cause some sort of relapse with George, but I don't think at that point he'd still have many unanswered questions. I don't believe that he has many now, thus, he is under the right care.

As unlikely as an Not Guilty verdict is, IF that did come to pass, it would likely cause some sort of relapse with George, but I don't think at that point he'd still have many unanswered questions. I don't believe that he has many now, thus, he is under the right care.
Yes, but unless you get that little confirmation doubts could grow. Maybe she did not do it after all? There COULD have been a Nanny out to steal Caylee etc. If his daughter was not involved then he could now be dealing with good old fashioned hate for the perp. Do him the world of good. I can not put myself in his shoes because I don't like Casey at all. What a shambles.

George Anthony Remains Hospitalized, George is expected to be transferred sometime this week.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009

BC, said George Anthony is doing well but will continue to get treatment.
Conway said he expects to know on Tuesday when George Anthony will be released from Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18627533/detail.html

Every day he is away from that enviroment is a day closer to gaining the strength of his own convictions, supported by those hopefully, helping him to release the storm within!

I certainly hope so. He is still in Daytona, and Conway says today he may know when he will be released. I wonder if he will be released to move to another facility closer to or in Orlando or go home? Conway having difficulty moving him he says. To be determined. I hope distance is good.

George Anthony Remains Hospitalized, George is expected to be transferred sometime this week.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009

BC, said George Anthony is doing well but will continue to get treatment.
Conway said he expects to know on Tuesday when George Anthony will be released from Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18627533/detail.html

Thanks for the update Madjgnlaw.

From your link:

"Brad Conway, who represents George and Cindy Anthony, said George Anthony is doing well but will continue to get treatment."

It's good to hear that he will continue to get treatment. Still saying prayers for his peace of mind and spirit.

Every day he is away from that enviroment is a day closer to gaining the strength of his own convictions, supported by those hopefully, helping him to release the storm within!

ITA. I don't think GA can go back and live in that house without having a total relapse. I don't think there is enough medication or therapy that they can give him in the short term to make him be able to withstand the toxicity in that house. I'm sure CA's private reaction was less than comforting. Instead of a wake up call that they better pull their head out of their *advertiser censored** and start acting like normal people, I'm afraid all that GA's situation did was raise ire in CA.

When he gets out of the hospital, he needs to go someplace else. He needs to go stay with his parents, other family or even a close friend (not DM). I hope and pray that GA comes out of this a changed man. Out of the 4 family members, it seem like GA was the only one to even remotely have a conscience. It would be nice if there were at least one survivor from this toxic family dynamic. What I fear is that CA will sink her talons back into him and draw him back into the nest where she can control him.

As always, JMHO.

ITA. I don't think GA can go back and live in that house without having a total relapse. I don't think there is enough medication or therapy that they can give him in the short term to make him be able to withstand the toxicity in that house. I'm sure CA's private reaction was less than comforting. Instead of a wake up call that they better pull their head out of their *advertiser censored** and start acting like normal people, I'm afraid all that GA's situation did was raise ire in CA.

When he gets out of the hospital, he needs to go someplace else. He needs to go stay with his parents, other family or even a close friend (not DM). I hope and pray that GA comes out of this a changed man. Out of the 4 family members, it seem like GA was the only one to even remotely have a conscience. It would be nice if there were at least one survivor from this toxic family dynamic. What I fear is that CA will sink her talons back into him and draw him back into the nest where she can control him.
As always, JMHO.
:clap::clap:

Bold is mine.

After the recent bracelet incident, she will not STOP her manipulation of this case!

This is also my fear, but with enough professional, stable people helping him thru this, he will know he cannot revert back to previous delusions!

We can only hope that other members of his family feel the same way.

Kathi Belich says the release "has just happened" and Conway previously said he would be released to another hospital in the area. We don't know where George might be going and we believe they want to keep the location of the hospital a secret bc they don't want media camped out at that hospital.

Kathi Belich says the release "has just happened" and Conway previously said he would be released to another hospital in the area. We don't know where George might be going and we believe they want to keep the location of the hospital a secret bc they don't want media camped out at that hospital.

Kathi still talking about how they want to keep GA's location secret.
What is the big deal? The media knew where he was for the past 2 weeks and nobody bothered him, it's not like he's some super star or something.

Kathi still talking about how they want to keep GA's location secret.
What is the big deal? The media knew where he was for the past 2 weeks and nobody bothered him, it's not like he's some super star or something.

My thoughts exactly. I don't know about other people here, but I don't care to know anything about his personal life and I wish his lawyer would stop going on tv everyday.

NANCY GRACE Just anounced that george was released from the mental hospital just a few minutes ago.

I doubt if George stays the full amount of time if it's over a couple of weeks and not rehab of some sort. They won't let him just lay around napping, and I would imagine some of the other patients might be pretty hard to tolerate depending on their mental illness or addiction problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainsilversquirrel