Please Update George's Condition or New Developments Here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you are right and I am just "old fashioned". Obviously we don't know it all regarding the relationship between George and Cindy, but from all I've been able to determine George hasn't been much of a contributor. I thought it was cruel when I heard that Casey and Lee were joking about getting a book titled "How to get a Job for Dummies" for George ----. You really ARE right about one thing, though: If it works for them, who am I to find fault?

I was not aware of the fact that Lee and Casey were joking about their Dad and getting a book entitled "How to get a Job for Dummies". This is so mean and cruel. Now I look at Lee in a different light!

Maybe you are right and I am just "old fashioned". Obviously we don't know it all regarding the relationship between George and Cindy, but from all I've been able to determine George hasn't been much of a contributor. I thought it was cruel when I heard that Casey and Lee were joking about getting a book titled "How to get a Job for Dummies" for George ----. You really ARE right about one thing, though: If it works for them, who am I to find fault?

People contribute to marriages and relationships in many different ways. George seemed to take maintaining the vehicles, his home and yard very seriously. He, also, seemed to be very diligent in manning the tent and driving around the billboard. Contribution isn't just financial.

The comment by KC and LA about getting the book for George was cruel and really ticks me off knowing that Little Miss Lieaboutworking had the nerve to critize her father.:furious:

Not a good move George! I pray he received all the necessary TOOLS he will need to cope, and I'm afraid they will have to be "Mega-Tool KIT" with what he will have to face.. Think about it, for the pat 1 1/2 weeks, he had peace, quiet, rest, counselling, sleep, counselling, etc.

Walking back in to that snakepit: Cindy contant "yapping", KC, Caylee's bedroom....that house!! How long will it take for him to go off the deep end again.

I wonder if George could actually SORT ot and confront his true feeling while being in the hospital. If he DID or was able to do this, to some extent, and decided to talk to LE, how long would it take to change his mind after walking back into his home enviornment?

To me, George is the ONLY one in the whole Ant Colony who show emotion and feeling. Cindy only shows anger and meanness, Lee shows nothing, maybe impulsiveness and of course, then there is KC. Surrounded by this "Colony", I believe it will be difficult for George to survive mentally....

Just my Opinion....
(Sorry, my S's don't work!)

I was not aware of the fact that Lee and Casey were joking about their Dad and getting a book entitled "How to get a Job for Dummies". This is so mean and cruel. Now I look at Lee in a different light!

I had a link at one time, before a computer crash (and now a new computer) in December. I thought it was especially awful that Casey could joke about it because she didn't have a job, either, but she was able to scheme her way through that little detail.

It has to hurt George so very much too knowing that he has brought someone and raised someone like Casey -- but in spite of everything, I believe a parent still loves their children.

People contribute to marriages and relationships in many different ways. George seemed to take maintaining the vehicles, his home and yard very seriously. He, also, seemed to be very diligent in manning the tent and driving around the billboard. Contribution isn't just financial.

The comment by KC and LA about getting the book for George was cruel and really ticks me off knowing that Little Miss Lieaboutworking had the nerve to critize her father.:furious:

bold mine
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Funny line this morning!!
laugh.gif

Unfortunately in the circumstances George finds himself in he will be back in the hospital. The state does offer some counseling services if you are a crime victim but they are certainly not state of the art and there are no doctors only counselors. I predict the marriage will break up as most do when involved in a horrific crime with horrific circumstances surrounding the crime. It turns into a blame game that one person eventually feels it is their fault and should have done something different. Even though no one could have foreseen the death of little Caylee. After the funeral they will either pull together or fall apart. In my instance we fell apart. I moved in with my grandma and he moved in with his parents. We sold our house at a loss. We did try as George and Cindy will probably do to get back together but unfortunately if the tragedy did not make you closer, all the counseling in the world will not bring you back together. I hope they stay strong for the sake of Caylee and seek justice. George has a hard road ahead and I hope he gets out and visits his parents when he needs a break. He also needs to remember Caylee is counting on him for her voice in court!

because george makes cursory attempts to get what amounts to minimum wage jobs. that is not because people here at websleuths put the pressure on him to be employed. over the 20 years he has lived in FL, he has demonstrated an ability to get himself into debt but not into a job which will provide him funds. that makes him an extra burden on the household. cindy's job obviously pays enough to keep them in the home. add on top of that george's gambling problems and lack of extra income and you suddenly don't have an equitable relationship. maybe he kept the house clean. he does putter in the yard. who knows.

Please correct me if I'm wrong wasn't it an internet scheme that George lost money on and not Gambling? Although that would still result in more debt it is different than gambling. Cindy didn't like George's choice of career and maybe George wouldn't have been able to keep that job either, we don't know. I just wonder, if Georger had kept his job as a policeman if he would still be employed today and possibly even have a nice government pension to collect for retirement. Some times one decision you make can change the course of your life.
We can't blame Cindy for all of George's problems. Every couple has their own issues. George and Cindy are one of the few couples who have remained married to each other, even while raising a crazy daughter. There marriage is a triumph. It is very difficult to maintain any kind of a relationship for that many years. We really can't possibly make informed judgements about their relationship without any real concrete info. I have never been huge fans of either one of them, but their marriage has perservered, and I'm a fan of that.

I think Cindy likes keeping George right where she has him. If he had a full time job, more than likely his self esteem would go up. She can't have that....she has to control him. imo.

You know, you make a great point here! Isn't it interesting that both people that live with Cindy didn't have jobs?:confused: She made sure KC also lacked self-esteem. Manipulation at it's best, co-dependency feeding her huge EGO. Remember in one of the first jail tapes, where KC says, "we'll get her back & I'll never take my eyes off her, & I'll find ways to work":eek: & Cindy stops her & says, "don't worry, you don't have to work"!

Please correct me if I'm wrong wasn't it an internet scheme that George lost money on and not Gambling? Although that would still result in more debt it is different than gambling. Cindy didn't like George's choice of career and maybe George wouldn't have been able to keep that job either, we don't know. I just wonder, if Georger had kept his job as a policeman if he would still be employed today and possibly even have a nice government pension to collect for retirement. Some times one decision you make can change the course of your life.
We can't blame Cindy for all of George's problems. Every couple has their own issues. George and Cindy are one of the few couples who have remained married to each other, even while raising a crazy daughter. There marriage is a triumph. It is very difficult to maintain any kind of a relationship for that many years. We really can't possibly make informed judgements about their relationship without any real concrete info. I have never been huge fans of either one of them, but their marriage has perservered, and I'm a fan of that.

Re the money lost, IIRC, George told police that he lied to his family when he said he lost it gambling and that he really lost it in a nigerian email scam. I tend to think it was the gambling, but he's trying to spin the scam story because it makes him look like a victim and who wants to admit to losing the family's life savings to gambling? I don't think George is the smartest guy in the world, but I don't think he is dumb or naive enough to fall for the nigerian email scam.

And I do agree that we can't blame Cindy for all of George's problems!

Re the money lost, IIRC, George told police that he lied to his family when he said he lost it gambling and that he really lost it in a nigerian email scam. I tend to think it was the gambling, but he's trying to spin the scam story because it makes him look like a victim and who wants to admit to losing the family's life savings to gambling? I don't think George is the smartest guy in the world, but I don't think he is dumb or naive enough to fall for the nigerian email scam.

Well said!

People contribute to marriages and relationships in many different ways. George seemed to take maintaining the vehicles, his home and yard very seriously. He, also, seemed to be very diligent in manning the tent and driving around the billboard. Contribution isn't just financial. (Respectfully snipped)

Yes, I think I am inserting my own life priorities here. I know that in my household the priorities are to make the house and car payments, keep the utilities paid and food in the kitchen. My husband could clean the pool and perform yard work diligently all day every day, but it wouldn't help to keep up with living expenses. That really was my point.

I hope I'm not repeating here (haven't had time to go through the whole thread) but there is an article in the Sentinel this morning that says he will get outpatient treatment now, that he was in the hospital voluntarily after the 72 hour hold, and that Cindy picked him up from the hospital.

Anthony was admitted to Halifax Health Medical Center in Daytona Beach on Jan. 23 after threatening to commit suicide. His wife, Cindy, picked him up, and they left between 7 and 7:30 p.m., family attorney Brad Conway said.

Anthony was hospitalized under the Baker Act, which allows the involuntary mental evaluation for up to 72 hours of a person deemed a likely danger to himself or others. He stayed on voluntarily for treatment, Conway said.

Anthony, 57, is no longer despondent and plans to continue his recovery with outpatient counseling.

Full article at
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ge-anthony-released-0409feb04,0,2600908.story

WOW! All I can say is I hope ongoing out pt. counseling is a part of his discharge orders. I was so hoping the educated voice of reasoning from his psyche team would help GA face his future.

I think Cindy likes keeping George right where she has him. If he had a full time job, more than likely his self esteem would go up. She can't have that....she has to control him. imo.

You know, you make a great point here! Isn't it interesting that both people that live with Cindy didn't have jobs?:confused: She made sure KC also lacked self-esteem. Manipulation at it's best, co-dependency feeding her huge EGO. Remember in one of the first jail tapes, where KC says, "we'll get her back & I'll never take my eyes off her, & I'll find ways to work":eek: & Cindy stops her & says, "don't worry, you don't have to work"!

Someone yesterday on another thread brought up munchausen by proxy, and other posters disagreed. But if you google this, I think there just might be something to it.

Here we go again - blaming the media. I wonder if BC's face before the cameras every chance he gets causes George any anxiety. I know it would bother me enormously. But that's another kind of media - Anthony media, so I guess that's okay.

ITA. BC keeps claiming they want privacy, then keeps getting on tv giving us private and personal details about them.

Sure hope and pray that George has some type of support lined up and someone that he can share his feelings and thoughts with -- God be with George.

I don't want to offend anyone but this is a bad and sad day. I had high hopes that George was going to another facility for a long time. When I read he went home, I was mortified. This is a train wreck waiting to happen. I wonder if anyone had tried to talk him out of going back there?:scream:

I don't think he lost the families life savings. I think he lost his insurance settlement from his comp claim. Apparently, their life savings was tied up in Cindy's retirement fund. I seem to remember that Cindy had to cash the retirement fund in to cover Casey's spree on Cindy's Visa card. It was reported as $45k by NG but may have changed later to $4.5k. I never saw confirmation on either number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413