Please Update George's Condition or New Developments Here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to offend anyone but this is a bad and sad day. I had high hopes that George was going to another facility for a long time. When I read he went home, I was mortified. This is a train wreck waiting to happen. I wonder if anyone had tried to talk him out of going back there?:scream:

My feelings on this subject are the same!

I don't think he lost the families life savings. I think he lost his insurance settlement from his comp claim. Apparently, their life savings was tied up in Cindy's retirement fund. I seem to remember that Cindy had to cash the retirement fund in to cover Casey's spree on Cindy's Visa card. It was reported as $45k by NG but may have changed later to $4.5k. I never saw confirmation on either number.

in the first bond hearing, the SA asked cindy if she was aware that george had a judgment out against him from some credit card company. cindy was not aware. i believe the sum amount was around $12,000. that is in addition to the fake email scheme. it is easier to pretend to be duped than a gambler with a problem. people with addictions lie about the addictions. that's just the simple fact. also, there is the questionable workman's comp claims.

And sadly, I think he has done a great job of it. I am starting to think more and more that Casey will be found not guilty. I think George and Cindy may be able to convince the jury that Casey wouldn't do this to Caylee. Many people here think that one or both of them are being honest with LE, and feel that even if they aren't, they don't care and don't want them prosecuted for it. If the jury feels the same, I think an acquittal is a real possibility. I also think that there will be more suicide "attempts" during the trial.
If there are more "attempts" we can all breathe a sigh of relief that George is nowhere near as bad off mentally as we were led to believe. I feel as though we have been dunked in the BC hooey vat.

George needs to move away from Orlando and open a small bait shop on the coast.

Snipped to save space: You are so right, Bobby. George needs peace and tranquility now, to heal his mind and his heart. A little laid back business, far from the pressure of all this would do him so much good. Mind you, he needs funds for that, and would have to come back to Orlando to meet his legal obligations, but I don't see him recovering in the present environment.

I was on my way to bed last night when I heard he had been released and was going to another closer facility. I was quite perturbed this morning to hear he had actually gone back to the A's home. I so wish this was a ruse to keep a new location secret. I don't think he is free from responsibility in this circus, but that he now deeply regrets drinking the Kool Aid.

If the judgement is still not satisfied, are they able to haul George before a Court to see whether or not his financial position has changed to see if he is now capable of satisfying the judgement?

Yes. But it is almost impossible to force someone to pay a judgement you have against them unless it is owed to a government entity. Still, it is an interesting idea that you have there. I am guessing there was a large pile of money collected from swag sales and donations for a search that never happened. This also does not account for any of the tv appearance money or licensing fees for photos and home video of Caylee. We still do not know who got that money. I like your post(s) and your idea that a good financial investigation by the people that they owe may be in order.

It is also possible that the donations for the search that never happened have paid off the $12,000 by now. Who knows?

in the first bond hearing, the SA asked cindy if she was aware that george had a judgment out against him from some credit card company. cindy was not aware. i believe the sum amount was around $12,000. that is in addition to the fake email scheme. it is easier to pretend to be duped than a gambler with a problem. people with addictions lie about the addictions. that's just the simple fact. also, there is the questionable workman's comp claims.

Bold, me
Cindy said she was not aware, big difference.

Yes. But it is almost impossible to force someone to pay a judgement you have against them unless it is owed to a government entity. Still, it is an interesting idea that you have there. I am guessing there was a large pile of money collected from swag sales and donations for a search that never happened. This also does not account for any of the tv appearance money or licensing fees for photos and home video of Caylee. We still do not know who got that money. I like your post(s) and your idea that a good financial investigation by the people that they owe may be in order.

It is also possible that the donations for the search that never happened have paid off the $12,000 by now. Who knows?

Where I live, if there is a judgment against someone the creditor can easily levy/seize any bank accounts, garnishee wages, and seize any valuable assets.

How does not wanting George or Cindy prosecuted equate to Casey being found not guilty. I honestly believe that Cindy obstructed justice, but at the same time I really am not sure that it's neccessary to prosecute her to punish her. I think that finding her daughter guilty of murdering her grandaughter and the heart ache and public humiliation that goes along with that might be enough. Especially if as part of the trial prosecutors make known Cindy's efforts to protect her daughter and the public is made aware of her actions in their entirety, I think the shame and humiliation might be enough. When you think about what is important to Cindy, the shame is going to be with her for the rest of her life.
Also, the jury will not be made aware of a lot of these things that are going on right now. We on WS follow this case in it's entirety but none of my coworkers do. The jury will be given the evidence not an accounting of the emotional state of the GPs.

This is supposed to be an equal legal system for all under the law.(Unless you have celebrity status) If they let her go because her shame should be enough punishment, I never want to have to pay for a speeding ticket again. I will just be really ashamed of myself for speeding and we can all call it even.

If there is anything lefft to seize after it is all transferred out of the debtors name. It has probably already been sent to the wife, children, or to a shell corporation which cannot be touched.

ETA. This is an in general scenario. Not necessarily related to the A's or anyone involved in the circus of their creation.

according to an orange county website, all george's outstanding debts have been paid in full.

If there are more "attempts" we can all breathe a sigh of relief that George is nowhere near as bad off mentally as we were led to believe. I feel as though we have been dunked in the BC hooey vat.

Respectfully, are you saying that if George tries to kill himself again it means he does not have major mental issues?

:waitasec:

Respectfully, are you saying that if George tries to kill himself again it means he does not have major mental issues?

:waitasec:

No. I'm saying I do not believe for one moment that he ever attempted suicide to being with.

No. I'm saying I do not believe for one moment that he ever attempted suicide to being with.

Hrm, well perhaps I misread something you said ^ there. I should probably go read it again. Still mostly asleep. :)

When/if George Anthony wants to work again and he had nothing to do with anything criminal, I can see him doing security work or even working in the background of a show like America's Most Wanted. He looks like he's in great physical condition. I know that looks can be deceiving. I don't think he'd make a living with a bait shop! But then, a bait shop could be really jazzed up to sell other items.

I can see him being reviled regarding places like Fusion, illicit drug use, things like protecting children against abuse. He can find a way to work in those areas. Or, he could completely toss those from his life and look toward more pleasant things to do. I think he'll be a survivor.

What is Cindy Anthony's work?

When/if George Anthony wants to work again and he had nothing to do with anything criminal, I can see him doing security work or even working in the background of a show like America's Most Wanted. He looks like he's in great physical condition. I know that looks can be deceiving. I don't think he'd make a living with a bait shop! But then, a bait shop could be really jazzed up to sell other items.

I can see him being reviled regarding places like Fusion, illicit drug use, things like protecting children against abuse. He can find a way to work in those areas. Or, he could completely toss those from his life and look toward more pleasant things to do. I think he'll be a survivor.

What is Cindy Anthony's work?

Registered Nurse

He has his old buddies from LE, his friend in Homeland security, and many family members other than Cindy. She has beaten him down and forced him into playing a part in the media blitz to sway public opinion about Casey's guilt. He may be better off picking bananas in South America amongst strangers than to go home and recieve all the daily doses of venom and bullying.

You really believe that George has old LE friends?
Friends in Homeland Security?

Wow ..
I personally don't George has many friends at all ..

Orlando Sentinel reports "George Anthony, grandfather of slain toddler Caylee Marie Anthony, needs privacy as he recovers at his Orange County home."

That is an oxymoron, IMO. Too bad he didn't go elsewhere to an undisclosed location. Wonder who is advising him?

I guess at some point insurance coverage would be a factor in his staying in the hospital, although he might be covered under CA's policy at work, assuming she has one...I got the impression the Anthony's don't really have much money so where would he go, except to go back home. Going off on his own, out into the unknown might not be the best solution right now either. He doesn't have alot of good options, that's for sure.

I hope that George is able to continue healing now that he is home and I bet there is some family therapy going on too.

I think Cindy and Lee will help him.

Casey is the only member of the family I do not feel supportive of.

Good thoughts! I do hope the evidence is overwhelming because I too think people are identifying with CA and GA. The people on the jury will not be people like us who have watched every action, listened to every word. They will meet the A's on their best behavour...a grey haired grampa, trying to hold it together (GA), a grieving quietly spoken mother and grandmother (CA) A staunch defender brother (LA) and a sweet, innocent, victim ( KC)

If GA's suicide incident was a ploy, and notice I did say 'if', it worked on many levels and on many different people.

As for myself I wish GA all the healing he needs!

Excellent post and ITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member