Please Update George's Condition or New Developments Here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
when a person tries to commit suicide id think after they are released they would be refered to a shrink{{ via the outpatient papers printed for the patient at thier release from the hospital}} .. i know my brother was ..he tried to commit suicide as well .. whenever you leave a hospital there are outpatient orders to follow . i think this is what chilly means

We don't know that George tried to commit suicide. Only that he sent text messages threatening to do so, and was found with a 12 pack and pizza and in good enough shape to walk to the car himself.

Exactly. It's been reported that George is to follow up with outpatient treatment. That, along with instructions for any medications he's been prescribed and any other follow up instructions would be called "orders".

You keep repeating that, and I've yet to see a link.

Did he really attempt suicide, though?

I honestly do not think so. However, I do agree with PotatoHead that anyone needing help should have it. I have no doubt that he was having a hard time coping, but I do not believe he really meant to kill himself.

That's just the way I see it.

I suppose you could test your theory by going to any hospital and asking if you can stay for a week or so.

actually go to any hospital after barely cutting your wrists or claiming that you took some pills beacuse you want to die and see what happens.

Can you imagine if a hospital kicked someone like that out - I mean the liability they would face if that person DID kill themselves after the hospital refused to help them.

I'm sure you could spend a week in the hospital perfectly healthy if you were willing to lie or er mispeak the truth.

We don't know that George tried to commit suicide. Only that he sent text messages threatening to do so, and was found with a 12 pack and pizza and in good enough shape to walk to the car himself.

If only he's been successful, then we'd know for sure.

i know .. but the drs wouldve released him sooner as in less then 72 hours if they hadnt found anything ((i can tell you though that he wouldnt have been released that night )and he wouldve had to have a mental evaluation by a dr..before they even thought to release him . but then wisconsin suicide law is different than theirs im going by what they did with my brother ((he was sent to mental facility and kept there for 3 weeks )now he has outpatient therepy and medications he is bi polar and borderline schizophrenic . and as you stated we dont know the details this whole situation is just sad sad sad

As far as the law is concern, they are one in the same.

actually go to any hospital after barely cutting your wrists or claiming that you took some pills beacuse you want to die and see what happens.

Can you imagine if a hospital kicked someone like that out - I mean the liability they would face if that person DID kill themselves after the hospital refused to help them.

I'm sure you could spend a week in the hospital perfectly healthy if you were willing to lie or er mispeak the truth.

If someone goes to the extreme of cutting their own wrists or claiming they took pills - they need medical intervention.

It's amazing how he fooled those doctors into not only keeping him in the hospital for over a week, but releasing him with orders for out patient treatment.

No more amazing that my oldest son who at the age of 15 slit his wrist, according to him, just to see what it would feel like, and talked his way out of care within a week.

And I am sure that no one could pretend to be suicidal, etc and convince the doctors that he was. I know there has never been any one charged with a crime that pretended to be crazy to get a deminished capacity defense.

If someone goes to the extreme of cutting their own wrists or claiming they took pills - they need medical intervention.

I agree. I think George just texting that he wanted to die means he needed intervention. However, that doesn't mean that he actually tried to kill himself. I think it was a call for help and that he was at the end of his rope.

I was giving an example of how the hospital stay doesn't prove anything.

I honestly do not think so. However, I do agree with PotatoHead that anyone needing help should have it. I have no doubt that he was having a hard time coping, but I do not believe he really meant to kill himself.

As far as the law is concerned it really doesn't matter if there was an attempt. Suicidal ideations are enough to hold you against your will.

I've learned one thing in my nearly 20 years of doing my job. The people who are really serious about killing themselves, do. We find them dead. They don't tell anybody before hand, they don't make good bye phone calls, they may or may not leave a note, they usually seem to other people like they were in a good mood and not depressed. Did GA actually try and kill himself, probably not. Does it matter as far as the help he needs, absolutely not. A cry for help is a cry for help. It should be and was taken seriously. I posted very early in this thread that GA had a chance to escape the toxic environment he was in. He had a chance to stand up for justice for Caylee and go against the Anthony Family Script. Unfortunately it looks like CA has dug her talons back into him and is probably making him drink the Kool-aid as we speak.

My heart goes out to GA. I had really hoped that he would turn himself around and start to heal his head and his heart. Unfortunately it looks like I was wrong.

Again, we agree on this.

I don't think he meant to either, but think he really felt as if he wanted to. And that is more than enough for an intervention to be appropriate.

I don't though, believe it was a ploy. JMO

I think it was the rock bottom wake-up call, and I am very, very troubled that he's back in the environment he is already. Not good.

It's amazing how he fooled those doctors into not only keeping him in the hospital for over a week, but releasing him with orders for out patient treatment.

That's cuz he's got mental issues ..
Doesn't mean he's suicidal ..

C'mon now, my friend. :blowkiss:

I know the depth of suspicion and anger towards George. Get it and share some of it.

That said, you guys are all really bright and know that Dr's. just don't 'let' people remain in hospital for no reason at all, just because they 'volunteer' to do so. Nor can a Baker Act happen without just cause.

Expressing the upset about George is what it is. But, imagining that George is pulling any strings with medical professionals, and laws like the Baker Act are pretty much tantamount to 'conspiracy theories' only this time, the entire team of medical professionals involved with George's case must all be in on it, too? What a bunch of dummies they must all be?

Don't think so.

Is there a way to creatively express the anti-George thoughts, whilst still understanding what the role is of professionals while he is a patient? Is there a way to sepearate the anger towards George from the realities of what occurs when a person has a break-down?

The implication that the Dr's have not contributed his 'voluntary' decision bugs me. The rants don't, but that recent train of thought does.

I agree with a fair bit of what you say, I don't think he pulled strings, but I don't think he was being kept there either, and I base that on what BC himself told the press...it was him who said George stayed on voluntarily for treatment.

If they really thought he was at risk to himself or others after the 72 hours, why didn't they try to extend the Baker Act hold? I'm not criticising psychiatrists.....I assume they thought long and hard before deciding not to extend it. If he was kept under the Baker Act, then I would agree that it would be proper to say he was "kept there".

I have to ask a question, and I don't really don't mean this in a snarky or sarcastic way, Bunny. I really would like to hear your perspective on this:

Does it matter, really, if the attempt was fully under-taken, or if the desire to want to be dead was as far as it got?

What is the difference between those two scenarios in your opinion?

IMO, GA was depressed and needed to get away esp. from CA/LA (remember GA didn't even want LA to know he was talking to LE on the tape).
He took the pills, bought some beer, got drunk (can't blame him) started to take a few pills, wrote the note, made some calls.
Got something off his chest and decided not to take the rest of the pills, LE comes and
he is clearly depressed and doctors watch him closely.
When GA is with a LE, he acts like LE (GA loved being a cop, I think)
GA/LE relate. LE says help us out buddy and we will keep you safe.
Doctors agree that the best thing for GA is rest, counseling and away from LA/CA.
Maybe later it will be 'protective custody', divorse and GA on his feet.
IMO, GA will take the deposition, and get his immunity. IMOO

Bold by me
The public inteference is in direct relation to how the family has USED & discarded GOOD people trying to help, & then publicly denounce LE or anyone who doesn't agree or go along with their lies & manipulation! They have brought the wrath of the people on themselves, & the Media just eats it up!

Anyone that does not care to discuss his progress, does not have to read & post here!

The thread is called Update George's Condition, or New Developments.

My wish for George is that whatever brought him to this state would leave him alone, & unfortunately it was not just the Media attention:furious:

IMHO

Chilly called it "public interference". Perhaps someone can explain it to me? What public interference? Except for the whackos on their front lawn, they largely invited the media to listen to them and spread their words. Unless one can call all the volunteers searching for Caylee "public interference" as well. I'm scratching my head on this one.

Apart from that, ITA!

As far as the law is concerned it really doesn't matter if there was an attempt. Suicidal ideations are enough to hold you against your will.

I've learned one thing in my nearly 20 years of doing my job. The people who are really serious about killing themselves, do. We find them dead. They don't tell anybody before hand, they don't make good bye phone calls, they may or may not leave a note, they usually seem to other people like they were in a good mood and not depressed. Did GA actually try and kill himself, probably not. Does it matter as far as the help he needs, absolutely not. A cry for help is a cry for help. It should be and was taken seriously. I posted very early in this thread that GA had a chance to escape the toxic environment he was in. He had a chance to stand up for justice for Caylee and go against the Anthony Family Script. Unfortunately it looks like CA has dug her talons back into him and is probably making him drink the Kool-aid as we speak.

My heart goes out to GA. I had really hoped that he would turn himself around and start to heal his head and his heart. Unfortunately it looks like I was wrong.

Digging this post, ECS.

I am not giving up hope though, that he may yet do the right thing. CA or no CA.

Maybe the doctors didn't think he needed further inpatient treatment. We don't know why he's been in there since his 72 hour hold expired, but we do know it was voluntary, so perhaps he had a procedure done or something...who knows.

ETA...i'm happy the media are leaving them alone...I hope BC leaves the media alone! I think he is addicted.

Hi bunny,

I am glad the media is giving George his space right now, and agree with BC loven the media light.

What i have a serious concern about is BC flappen his gums again saying that he could not FIND a hospital that would accept GA due to media coverage??! What??

There have been WAY more famous people hospitalized for any number of reasons and not turned away. No law expert here... but i'm pretty sure that it would be illegal to deny care to a person in need. BC needs to shut up!

I hope every hospital in Orlando comes forward with a bed for George, because he does seem to need help...Then...he should be answering questions under oath... Truthfully and remember when he said that he would do anything for his Granddaughter. imho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.