Police Dispatch Tapes

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Coming our of lurkdom to say I agree with the above post. Frankly, the only media report I saw that suggested that Irwin was involved in the larceny (as more than a victim) was KMBC and then the analysis here on this thread. I haven't seen it anywhere else. I am sure other media outlets would be all over this if he was in fact a culprit in a crime.

I know it's a matter of opinion but I really strongly feel that we're just dealing with awkward wording from the dispatcher and nothing else. "There was a complaint issued to a Jeremy Irwin regards to a larceny". Insert the word 'by' in place of 'to' and it fits with the car theft.

WELCOME!!!:seeya:

indepmo, I did hear a brief mention about the larceny call on the scanner.

Please go here to read it:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I can't provide a link to the audio, but if you are a member of Radio Reference you can access the archives to listen to it.

That reference simply states a complaint number was issued to JI because he was the complaining party, so he received (was issued) the complaint number because he was a victim.

indepmo, I did hear a brief mention about the larceny call on the scanner.

Please go here to read it:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I can't provide a link to the audio, but if you are a member of Radio Reference you can access the archives to listen to it.
Thanks for finding that info Peach...I'm sure it took listening to hours of tapes to find it!
:tyou:

I've spent a few hours tonight going through my audio recordings based on an account of screaming in the woods around midnight, the night of the dissapearance. I was unable to locate anything in regards to a call going out. That means one of two things.

1: As previously mentioned, when the caller was said to have called the police, she was told it was too dark to investigate. With that scenerio, police were either not dispatched, or my radio was scanning and paused on another frequency that was transmitting at the time of the dispatch.

2: This was a never confirmed incident, so maybe it never happened.

I wanted to at least go through and see if there were any calls and I've come up with nothing in regards to that.

I am however going through the audio from 9pm 10/3 and working my way to 4am on 10/4 to see if there were any other calls in the area. I've worked my way up to about 1am so far and all I've heard was a disturbance on N. Universal which is in the industrial park on the south side of the Missouri river and due south of the Irwin residence. The call was a report of two males fighting so it's most likely nothing related. I'm going to finish going through the remainder tomorrow looking for any suspicious car & occupant calls, any vehicle breakins, etc that may be relevent to this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back