MA Police investigating after human remains found on Nantucket Island

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The location where the body was found actually right near Margaret Kilcoyne's home in the Tom Nevin neighborhood. And found almost exactly where items belonging to Margaret Kilcoyne were located back in 1980 right after her disappearance. If you look at this article, there is a hand drawn map showing her house and the location of the different items.

The location of the body can be found at this link provided by an earlier poster:

Maybe this is a coincidence, but her NamUs profile is also no longer there.
Rather hard to compare the hand drawn map with current maps...with so many newer roads and residences...
But I gather she was on Parsons Lane.

The personal items that showed up so much later (as also seen in the hand drawn map) is just so weird...

"I looked closer and it looked much like what you would think a human skull would look like and I realized that must be what it is," McHugh said. "There's a lot of deer stands in that area, so there were hunters within yards of it years, but for some reason, it was covered or not seen."

"It's an open case, and all of those things are not ruled out, including foul play," MacVicar said. "We're looking into anything and everything. I'm reasonably confident that we'll be able to identify the human remains that were recovered. I can't say for certain, but I'm reasonably confident we will be able to. I have no idea when that will be."

The remains - including "an intact skull and many bones" - will be transferred off-island to the custody of the state medical examiner, MacVicar added.

The location where the body was found actually right near Margaret Kilcoyne's home in the Tom Nevin neighborhood. And found almost exactly where items belonging to Margaret Kilcoyne were located back in 1980 right after her disappearance. If you look at this article, there is a hand drawn map showing her house and the location of the different items.

The location of the body can be found at this link provided by an earlier poster:

Maybe this is a coincidence, but her NamUs profile is also no longer there.

I'll be astonished if it's not Mary Macy. She went missing only about a mile or so from where the remains were found.

Confirmed to be Mary’s remains.

May 30, 2024

The human remains discovered off Milestone Road in early April have been identified as Mary Macy, the Nantucket resident who went missing from her home in June 2015, according to a death certificate filed with the Nantucket Town Clerk's office.

Confirmed to be Mary’s remains.

May 30, 2024

The human remains discovered off Milestone Road in early April have been identified as Mary Macy, the Nantucket resident who went missing from her home in June 2015, according to a death certificate filed with the Nantucket Town Clerk's office.

Thank you for posting that update.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CWM227