Police say parents are not answering vital questions #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were drunk to the point of blackout stage...uh, yeah. Using mind altering substances including alcohol to the point you are unable to provide care, nuture and protection to your children is, IMO neglectful.

I didn't say it wasn't neglectful, I said there are parents all over the world at one time or another that does something that is 'neglectful'. If DB is truly innocent and she really did 'blackout' while her daughter was taken from the home, she will be living with that guilt for the rest of her life. She will forever be haunted that her actions in some way contributed to the situation.

I wouldn't wish that hell on any human being. Everyone makes mistakes. Her mistake could be the ultimate mistake if she is innocent otherwise.

Proof of the baby receiving those rights? I don't really expect those rights to be listed somewhere.
What I know is that something went array~Lisa is gone. Her mother was supposed to watch over her and protect her. Didn't happen due to time with friends and a box of wine. IMHOO

Or do due to just going to bed and sleeping like every other parent on the planet!! IMO

Or do due to just going to bed and sleeping like every other parent on the planet!! IMO

Is that why it's a good idea to have a mother and a father to raise children? They take shifts sleeping so that one of them are always watching the children?

Is that why it's a good idea to have a mother and a father to raise children? They take shifts sleeping so that one of them are always watching the children?
That might have worked in the cave man days. hehe

Actually, prior to Baby Lisa's disappearance she looked very well cared for, well dressed, well fed. However, what about the night she went missing, with her mother sitting outside drinking and not checking on a sick baby. That bothers me alot. MO

Lisa was almost a year old ~ she had a cold ~ (the pictures of her on Sunday do not show a SICK baby as everyone keeps saying...it was a COLD) she was fussy and was put to bed around the same time as usual (let's say) maybe a bit earlier. Bathed, changed, fed. I don't get why, unless you think your child is going to disappear from bed or you are a highly over protective parent, anyone would be opening that babies door and checking her in 4 hours time.

Possibly she would have heard her crying had she woken, or for sure the boys would have. When she went in to the bathroom or to get the boys a drink or snack etc...(or whatever) she just had to listen. hmmm....still sleeping! When my daughters had a cold, they were perfectly normal children except they had runny noses/cough, but all they wanted to do was sleep. They had no use for being cuddled and held no matter how much I forced them ;) My niece on the other hand, wouldn't allow her mother out of her site for a second when she was sick or she would scream to high heavens...even when she went to bed, mom had to sleep on the spare bed in her room.

If Deb didn't check on Lisa before going to bed, which she normally does according to her, she still could have listened for her, or not hearing her cry figured she was still sleeping ~ doesn't mean she didn't have every intention and capability of getting up as soon as she did cry.

I just don't imagine that Deb thought she had better physically check on Lisa because maybe someone had taken her... JMO

Parents do stuff that's deemed neglectful every single day. Doesn't mean they are bad parents per say. I guess every time I see a kid playing in the street with no parent around is neglectful because they can get hit by a car.

Or any parent that runs a yellow light, speeds, fails to come to a COMPLETE stop at a stop sign with a child in the car!!

JMO, the parents have the right to stay silent and never utter a beep, and everybody else has got the right to have an opinion about it.

I didn't say it wasn't neglectful, I said there are parents all over the world at one time or another that does something that is 'neglectful'. If DB is truly innocent and she really did 'blackout' while her daughter was taken from the home, she will be living with that guilt for the rest of her life. She will forever be haunted that her actions in some way contributed to the situation.

I wouldn't wish that hell on any human being. Everyone makes mistakes. Her mistake could be the ultimate mistake if she is innocent otherwise.

She was adamant that her actions had nothing to do with Lisa going missing, it was completely okay.

If they were drunk to the point of blackout stage...uh, yeah. Using mind altering substances including alcohol to the point you are unable to provide care, nuture and protection to your children is, IMO neglectful.

No one said she was blackout drunk. Not everyone who drinks is incapable of dealing with situations that arise. We don't know she couldn't provide care.

Lisa was almost a year old ~ she had a cold ~ (the pictures of her on Sunday do not show a SICK baby as everyone keeps saying...it was a COLD) she was fussy and was put to bed around the same time as usual (let's say) maybe a bit earlier. Bathed, changed, fed. I don't get why, unless you think your child is going to disappear from bed or you are a highly over protective parent, anyone would be opening that babies door and checking her in 4 hours time.

Possibly she would have heard her crying had she woken, or for sure the boys would have. When she went in to the bathroom or to get the boys a drink or snack etc...(or whatever) she just had to listen. hmmm....still sleeping! When my daughters had a cold, they were perfectly normal children except they had runny noses/cough, but all they wanted to do was sleep. They had no use for being cuddled and held no matter how much I forced them ;) My niece on the other hand, wouldn't allow her mother out of her site for a second when she was sick or she would scream to high heavens...even when she went to bed, mom had to sleep on the spare bed in her room.

If Deb didn't check on Lisa before going to bed, which she normally does according to her, she still could have listened for her, or not hearing her cry figured she was still sleeping ~ doesn't mean she didn't have every intention and capability of getting up as soon as she did cry.

I just don't imagine that Deb thought she had better physically check on Lisa because maybe someone had taken her... JMO

I don't think any of what you posted is at issue, mainly because we don't exactly know what DB did and did not do that night. I think people mainly have an issue with consuming alcohol and getting drunk while caring for 3 children when the other adult isn't home.

And I have absolutely no argument about that. I 100% agree, it was neglectful, stupid, whatever other bad adjective you want to use. But I'm not going to throw her into the fire when I only know of one incident. If it comes out that DB routinely got drunk while being the only caregiver in the home, my opinion will change as to what type of parent she is.

It's not worth discussing because some people do not have the same opinion as yours? In my mind those who created the constitution were trying to protect the rights of all citizens and I do not have the right to pick and choose which citizens may not use their constitutional right. The rights afforded the citizens of the United States are many and we are blessed to have them. Emotionally would love to have Lisa's parents sit down with LE again but my head tells me that it is of utmost importance to honor our laws and not deride those that use them to their benefit.

No, that is not why I feel it is not worth discussing; I don't require people to agree with me. It just seems like a very divided issue and one unlikely to be open to any alterations in one's feelings. Either one feels that the parents are perfectly acting with all proper intentions in protecting their rights, or one feels that the rights of the parents should be about the very last thing on their minds at a time like this...not much in between that I can see. I am very decidedly of the latter opinion and nothing will change that, not any lists of so-called false confessions or "nasty" policemen, etc....I'd have signed on as a volunteer cop by now, just to have rights to be in the station around the clock, if it were me...JMO

JMO

She was adamant that her actions had nothing to do with Lisa going missing, it was completely okay.

That's in front of the cameras. But you don't know how it really is. You or anyone else has not been around her every single day since this happened to know what her mindset is.

The first natural reaction is to always defend yourself when there is criticism.

No one said she was blackout drunk. Not everyone who drinks is incapable of dealing with situations that arise. We don't know she couldn't provide care.

I don't think any of what you posted is at issue, mainly because we don't exactly know what DB did and did not do that night. I think people mainly have an issue with consuming alcohol and getting drunk while caring for 3 children when the other adult isn't home.

And I have absolutely no argument about that. I 100% agree, it was neglectful, stupid, whatever other bad adjective you want to use. But I'm not going to throw her into the fire when I only know of one incident. If it comes out that DB routinely got drunk while being the only caregiver in the home, my opinion will change as to what type of parent she is.

Well, it certainly seems to be an issue that she sat on the front porch and did NOT check on Lisa in 4 hours...I'm seeing an awful lot of posts regarding it.

Deb said she drinks a couple of times a week, when the kids are in bed, Jeremy is home and that when she has had enough she goes straight to bed. I don't know if she is lying or not, but I would think Jeremy might have a clue about that.

Well, it certainly seems to be an issue that she sat on the front porch and did NOT check on Lisa in 4 hours...I'm seeing an awful lot of posts regarding it.

Deb said she drinks a couple of times a week, when the kids are in bed, Jeremy is home and that when she has had enough she goes straight to bed. I don't know if she is lying or not, but I would think Jeremy might have a clue about that.

Just using common sense, I have a hard time seeing how someone sat on their front step for over 4 hours and never got up once to go inside for anything, kids in the house or not. 4 hours is a long time.

That's in front of the cameras. But you don't know how it really is. You or anyone else has not been around her every single day since this happened to know what her mindset is.

The first natural reaction is to always defend yourself when there is criticism.

I disagree with the always. I have seen some parents fairly beating themselves up with guilt because they failed to protect their child for one reason or another, however innocent. DB was just, oh never mind, I may have blacked out when my child went missing but that's nothing to do with nothing, I need my adult time two or three times per week but only when the children are asleep (although the children were not asleep). She took no responsibility whatsoever for possibly being so drunk it gave the kidnapper a chance, leaving doors open, etc.

Maybe she is frozen with guilt inside her heart but it sure didn't come across with her flippant attitude.

But if a parent is incapacitated then it is not the same thing as simply going to bed. If I go to bed, and I have a sick infant, and 2 older kids as well, then I am more likely to hear them if they get up and walk around or if an intruder comes in and turns on all of the lights and takes my baby. But if I am passed out drunk I am not going to notice a thing.

If she had 10 glasses of cheap wine, then IMO, she was not able to provide care. Er go, missing child.

Don't forget, SB was out there on the stump drinking right along with DB and her 4 year old was inside with the boys. Maybe she went inside to do the checking? I hope so, but we don't know. Leaving a 4 year old unattended with a 5 and 8 year old for 4-5 hours is just as risky as leaving an infant in a crib, imo. Therefore, whatever label you put on DB for the drinking and not checking, would have to apply to SB too. Am I right?

Don't forget, SB was out there on the stump drinking right along with DB and her 4 year old was inside with the boys. Maybe she went inside to do the checking? I hope so, but we don't know. Leaving a 4 year old unattended with a 5 and 8 year old for 4-5 hours is just as risky as leaving an infant in a crib, imo. Therefore, whatever label you put on DB for the drinking and not checking, would have to apply to SB too. Am I right?
Along with any other parent that might be having a party and all of the kids are running around the house *somewhere*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46