Poll: Did Casey Really Keep Caylee in the Trunk Before Caylee Died?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did KC Really Keep Caylee in the Trunk at Anytime Before Caylee Died?

• Yes

Votes: 490 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 258 28.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 152 16.9%

• Total voters
I voted unsure. I am still trying to figure out where Casey killed her little girl....it had to have been at the Anthony home as the cadaver dogs hit near the pool and playhouse. I don't think Caylee was in the trunk prior to death, but I remain unsure. I simply can't wrap my head around around the way CA thinks. It's mind boggling!

IIRC, RM indicated the one occasion in which ICA left in the middle of the night to return Caylee home (most likely on CA's insistence) but that many, many nights in February through April, she spent the night at RM's with Caylee sleeping in his bed. I'm thinking it may show that ICA had threatened to leave with Caylee and perhaps actually did during those months to punish CA for getting on her case about stealing and other things she was obviously putting them through at home. RM and others mentioned that ICA sometimes had a problem getting Caylee to go to bed. This was probably a big embarrassment to her, not to mention an inconvenience. It would seem bad enough to her that her friends had decided to stay home to be with her because she could not get her mom to babysit, but if ICA had to spend a lot of time wrangling her to go to sleep I can see where that might have been the start of the experimenting with drugs to get her to sleep quickly. Whether it was OTC stuff to begin with, or xanax that ICA lifted from CA (who wouldn't be taking xanax if you had a daughter that was stealing several hundreds of dollars each month from your bank account?), it would seem logical for this to be the beginning of using medication to quiet Caylee. RM insisted that Caylee slept on the other side of ICA in bed (and didn't seem concerned about her waking up in the middle of the night for any reason) and Amy remarked how Caylee had been able to sleep through parties on the sofa.

I don't see why ICA would need to put her in the trunk during those months when her friends were certainly willing to forego going out to stay home and keep ICA company (which according to Amy was at least a weekly occurrence and that CA would babysit otherwise). But when she left RM's after that last week she stayed there (June 9 - 14) she may have known perfectly well she wouldn't be able to do the same thing with Tony.

Maybe she was just improvising this time and gave her something in her car seat but it didn't knock her out fast enough. Maybe Caylee wouldn't cooperate and was crying. We can all see that ICA can really snap when she feels pushed into a corner and "frushtrated". Maybe she got furious it was taking too long, or afraid the crying would call attention to her and grabbed the duct tape while Caylee was still in her carseat, bound her face, then put her in the trunk. Obviously she didn't know or care what would happen next; she was only thinking of not being late for her Blockbuster date. I'm wondering when or if it even occurred to her to check the next day, seeing as she and Tony spent the day in bed. I only say this because, as evil as ICA can be, it never seems very well thought out in advance, but stuff made up on the spot to cover for her lack of impulse control. She doesn't seem very good at any kind of follow-up and many have remarked she pretty much lives in the moment.

I always thought her insistence on the kidnapping in those jailhouse tapes, even after an accidental swimming pool death was mentioned as an out, was because she knew perfectly well that either a tox screen or the way the duct tape was applied would blow that theory right out of the water if she ever led them to Caylee's little body.

This is very insightful. I've been straining my brain for motive as to that day as opposed to all others. I also think that despite as good as the evidence is, a solid motive needs to be presented to the jury by the prosecution. The term "party girl", and the associations just don't cut it if your looking to definitely rule out reasonable doubt. Am hoping prosecution, after they are through with forensics, can present a strong motive. I really think a strong motive will be necessary, the party girl, lies, and so forth are not strong enough to convict on 1st degree if you have not been following this case all along. What made this day different, you could be on to something.

This is very insightful. I've been straining my brain for motive as to that day as opposed to all others. I also think that despite as good as the evidence is, a solid motive needs to be presented to the jury by the prosecution. The term "party girl", and the associations just don't cut it if your looking to definitely rule out reasonable doubt. Am hoping prosecution, after they are through with forensics, can present a strong motive. I really think a strong motive will be necessary, the party girl, lies, and so forth are not strong enough to convict on 1st degree if you have not been following this case all along. What made this day different, you could be on to something.

I don't think the state will or should speculate what Casey's motive might have been. I honestly don't know if I'll ever understand what motivates some mothers to kill their children.

I'm happy to have the state prove that Casey is guilty of murder. Why she murdered her daughter doesn't need to be answered in my mind.

I don't think the state will or should speculate what Casey's motive might have been. I honestly don't know if I'll ever understand what motivates some mothers to kill their children.

I'm happy to have the state prove that Casey is guilty of murder. Why she murdered her daughter doesn't need to be answered in my mind.

I do not think most rational, sane people will believe she would kill over such petty motives. My husband does not believe it because he always sees the good in people. But I believe it. I think she killed her because she was jealous of the way her parents loved and adored and doted upon Caylee. Once they threatened to fight for custody she made up her evil mind.

I think something Lee testified to says it all. Cindy said that ' Caylee was the best mistake that Casey ever made.' That must have really pizzed Casey off. They loved and adored Caylee, yet even that Casey would get no credit for. She could do nothing right in her parents eyes. And the one way she could hurt them the most would also free her from home. Too bad she could never see further than the end of her nose.

I voted no- there's no way she'd survive in the trunk for long in that kind of weather.

I voted no- there's no way she'd survive in the trunk for long in that kind of weather.

smiley-vault-signs-063.gif

and I agree with you 100%!!!

I think the point related to this poll is we don't know when Caylee actually died. Could it have been in the trunk while chloroformed? Possibly. Could it have been on Xanax (aka Zanny, IMO). Possibly. There is no way to determine the COD if there was no bone marrow left and that's the way I understand things happened. No proof of the COD.

I think the point related to this poll is we don't know when Caylee actually died. Could it have been in the trunk while chloroformed? Possibly. Could it have been on Xanax (aka Zanny, IMO). Possibly. There is no way to determine the COD if there was no bone marrow left and that's the way I understand things happened. No proof of the COD.

bbm, i have always wondered why they didn't do a drug test on the hairstrands they found, or did they? i know they do drug tests for some jobs using the hair and i have heard they can go down the length of the hair and tell what drugs were used, how much, and at what point in someones life (due to the growth cycle of hair).

I believe she was already dead and then placed in the trunk, so ICA could run off and watch videos and stay in bed all day the next day with TL. I feel she chloroformed her in Caylee's bedroom so she couldn't fight. Then applied the duct tape, put the "last kiss before dying" heart shape sticker on, grabbed her winnie the pooh blanket to wrap her up in and put her in the trunk thinking she would deal with it later. Unfortunately she spent too much time with TL and by the time she backed into her garage and opened the trunk, she realized how quickly and grossly a body starts to decompose.

June 16 (Monday)

Casey is up by 7:30 a.m. checking her phone messages, calling Tony and instant messaging with witeplayboi. She downloads a picture of Fusian onto the Anthony computer. She pings from her parents house all day until just after 4 p.m.[/QUOTE] (Snipped for length)

Then KC killed Caylee right after GA left. She watched and waited somewhere nearby and went back to the home, between 2 and 4 o'clock on the 16th. It is possible she held her down in the water and purposely drowned her. Or she used the chloroform to sedate Caylee and put the duct tape on her mouth until she suffocated. Then she hid her somewhere in the back yard for a short time. Playhouse or better yet sand box, since dogs hit there. Then she knew the A's would find her, so she waited till they were gone again, wrapped her in laundry bag and garbage bags, moved her into car with the shovel. Kept her in trunk for 2.6 days and then
dumped her. It goes something like this, but can't exactly figure this to be totally correct.
I also think she told someone to move her from where she was originally dumped.

One other thing has been bothering me, didn't we have a document dump that showed her in a motel parking lot, pacing back and forth the night of the 15th, after the fight? I could swear we heard or saw that. If someone knows, please send me a link or PM me. That changes everything re: My theory. TIA

bbm, i have always wondered why they didn't do a drug test on the hairstrands they found, or did they? i know they do drug tests for some jobs using the hair and i have heard they can go down the length of the hair and tell what drugs were used, how much, and at what point in someones life (due to the growth cycle of hair).

I believe she was already dead and then placed in the trunk, so ICA could run off and watch videos and stay in bed all day the next day with TL. I feel she chloroformed her in Caylee's bedroom so she couldn't fight. Then applied the duct tape, put the "last kiss before dying" heart shape sticker on, grabbed her winnie the pooh blanket to wrap her up in and put her in the trunk thinking she would deal with it later. Unfortunately she spent too much time with TL and by the time she backed into her garage and opened the trunk, she realized how quickly and grossly a body starts to decompose.

Yes, they did test the hair for drugs, and none were found. If Caylee had been drugged it was immediately before she died.

I thought this thread was about if KC kept Caylee in the trunk after she died but now I think it was before she died. Well I think she kept her there before and after. There appears to be times when she told her boyfriend that Caylee was with her mom when she wasn't. If she wasn't with her mom then where was she? I think its possible she did drug her with something to keep her quiet in the trunk so she could carouse with her boyfriends. Perhaps that is how she died. She over did it one time. Maybe kept the duct tape over her mouth so she couldn't wake up and cry out or scream.

KC couldn't tell Baez she kept her kid drugged up in the trunk of the car so she told him she accidentally drowned. Acidentally od-ing your kid and killing her would be murder but if the kid climbed into the pool it would be an accident. I think she took Caylee's body to her home to bury it one day and asked to borrow the neighbors shovel because she saw him outside and it was convenient and she wouldn't have to break into her own shed. But then she found the ground too hard to dig up so abandoned that idea, got the garbage bags etc and put her in them in her trunk.

I think the body didn't smell for a long time because it was contained in those bags but then the body started breaking down and leaking so she finally dumped it where it was found and tried to clean up the smell but couldn't so she abandoned the car. Put the garbage in there thinking when it was found they would blame the garbage on the smell.

Those searches for chloroform etc I think she did because she was looking for a way to keep her kid quiet in the trunk while she partied. She is a horrible person.

Does chloroform show up in hair?

They tested Caylee's remains and hair for various drugs. They found nothing but said they didn't test for chloroform because it wouldn't be relevant since chloroform is present with decomposition.

I thought I remembered the state was going to test her hair for it though? I wasn't able to find anything to back that up though. Does anyone else remember?

I thought this thread was about if KC kept Caylee in the trunk after she died but now I think it was before she died. Well I think she kept her there before and after. There appears to be times when she told her boyfriend that Caylee was with her mom when she wasn't. If she wasn't with her mom then where was she? I think its possible she did drug her with something to keep her quiet in the trunk so she could carouse with her boyfriends. Perhaps that is how she died. She over did it one time. Maybe kept the duct tape over her mouth so she couldn't wake up and cry out or scream.

KC couldn't tell Baez she kept her kid drugged up in the trunk of the car so she told him she accidentally drowned. Acidentally od-ing your kid and killing her would be murder but if the kid climbed into the pool it would be an accident. I think she took Caylee's body to her home to bury it one day and asked to borrow the neighbors shovel because she saw him outside and it was convenient and she wouldn't have to break into her own shed. But then she found the ground too hard to dig up so abandoned that idea, got the garbage bags etc and put her in them in her trunk.

I think the body didn't smell for a long time because it was contained in those bags but then the body started breaking down and leaking so she finally dumped it where it was found and tried to clean up the smell but couldn't so she abandoned the car. Put the garbage in there thinking when it was found they would blame the garbage on the smell.

Those searches for chloroform etc I think she did because she was looking for a way to keep her kid quiet in the trunk while she partied. She is a horrible person.

I agree with everything you've said except that she kept Caylee drugged and in the truck for any amount of time. I think the first time she might have done this, Caylee would have either died, or been in very serious condition upon Casey's return. I just don't think it would be practical to do in the Florida heat.

Oh, I also think that boyfriend that wrote that chloroform message on the internet (was it myspace?) gave her that idea or it seemed to be somethiing that some of her gang talked about. She must have gotten the idea from him or their friends.

They tested Caylee's remains and hair for various drugs. They found nothing but said they didn't test for chloroform because it wouldn't be relevant since chloroform is present with decomposition.

I thought I remembered the state was going to test her hair for it though? I wasn't able to find anything to back that up though. Does anyone else remember?
Thank you. I've been wondering about that. Why is chloroform present with decomp? Hummmmmmm. Interesting.

As for the motive of why KC killed Caylee? I think for the same reason Susan Smith killed her kids. To be free of her and live her 'beautiful life'. Caylee was getting big and talking. She knew she couldn't keep her in bed with her boyfriends anymore having sex etc. Caylee would start talking. Maybe she was already saying things that no one quite caught on to that worried KC. And she was really into TL and didn't want Caylee in the way anymore. She hated her mother (both parents really) and wasn't about to let her mom have her. Probably also didn't want to hear her mom yelling at her and telling her she has to be responsible yada yada anymore.

As for the motive of why KC killed Caylee? I think for the same reason Susan Smith killed her kids. To be free of her and live her 'beautiful life'. Caylee was getting big and talking. She knew she couldn't keep her in bed with her boyfriends anymore having sex etc. Caylee would start talking. Maybe she was already saying things that no one quite caught on to that worried KC. And she was really into TL and didn't want Caylee in the way anymore. She hated her mother (both parents really) and wasn't about to let her mom have her. Probably also didn't want to hear her mom yelling at her and telling her she has to be responsible yada yada anymore.

Yes, I think that's right. Casey seems to be all about me, me, me!

I agree with everything you've said except that she kept Caylee drugged and in the truck for any amount of time. I think the first time she might have done this, Caylee would have either died, or been in very serious condition upon Casey's return. I just don't think it would be practical to do in the Florida heat.

Maybe this *was* the "first time".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mili
Back