Poll for the Armchair Psychologists

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What Psychological Disorder do you think Jodi may have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny that this came up today and just today I had a wake up call. I do live in a very culturally diverse affluent area ...I apparently live in my own little happy bubble. I was in a Rite-Aid store in my neighborhood ... There was a horrible thunderstorm and the store was empty. The check out lady was standing at the door and noticed my dog in the car. She starts telling me all about her dog, bragging that her dog is racist! Telling me how all the "n words" are afraid of her dog. Call me stupid .. I was dumbfounded and know my mouth was literally hanging open.
I said, let me show you a picture of my dog ... I pulled up a photo of my dog draped across the lap of my black son. Told her, "that's my son" ... Now her mouth started back peddling and stammering.... I walked to the back of the store and reported that idiot to the pharmacist. I called corporate when I got home.

So .... All that to say,... I obviously am a fool and will refrain from discussing how enlightened people are and opinions on what, if any, racism Jodi may have experienced.

It's funny that this came up today and just today I had a wake up call. I do live in a very culturally diverse affluent area ...I apparently live in my own little happy bubble. I was in a Rite-Aid store in my neighborhood ... There was a horrible thunderstorm and the store was empty. The check out lady was standing at the door and noticed my dog in the car. She starts telling me all about her dog, bragging that her dog is racist! Telling me how all the "n words" are afraid of her dog. Call me stupid .. I was dumbfounded and know my mouth was literally hanging open.
I said, let me show you a picture of my dog ... I pulled up a photo of my dog draped across the lap of my black son. Told her, "that's my son" ... Now her mouth started back peddling and stammering.... I walked to the back of the store and reported that idiot to the pharmacist. I called corporate when I got home.

So .... All that to say,... I obviously am a fool and will refrain from discussing how enlightened people are and opinions on what, if any, racism Jodi may have experienced.

It's idiots like her, and yes I called your checkout lady an idiot, that makes all of us look like idiots. So sorry that happened to you.

I am proud to be a Cherokee . And see the tint of red in my skin? I was made fun of a lot as a child.

I am glad that happened , Linda. Because it adds to the people who get it. The more that get it, the more things can get better.

The thing that astounds me is that someone would be totally comfortable talking that way.

It is good that you were not silent because she would assume you were ok with what she was saying. It is not easy to confront people.

Maybe Jodi would have been different if people had confronted her early on in life

You're wrong. The testimony from the stand was evidence. Legal evidence.

You're free to attribute whatever weight you deem fair, as was the jury. But it was indeed evidence. Make no mistake about it.

What is this you have some special ability to see racism and sexism that Jodi was a victim of that no one else sees??? Color me confused.

I'm also a tad amazed, but not surprised, you feel qualified to speak for the rest of the world.

Don't be amazed, I can read what international news and many many other outlets are saying. It's not terribly hard, so you can do it too it might help with the confusion! I have no such confusion.
I don't think I do speak for the rest of the world, imo my postings are intelligently built and based on my own experience, and I quite frequently say imo. imo I have absolutely no idea why on earth you should find it so surprising at all. Unless you make assumptions. It's terrible that you might feel so confused by it all.
I have no special abilities beyond deep thinking and high intuition and a sound ability in lateral thinking. With respect, there was no legal evidence presented that she slashed tyres stalked or stole a gun. It was heavily suggested, but not legally established. She had brown hair according to Police reports presented when the gun was stolen. What a prosecutor suggests in argument was not establish legal evidence. It is all conjecture.
The forensics alone are very open to question. It was nowhere near a thorough job.
There are some things that are just impossible to say on this website, as we are all aware, otherwise I would go much much further in my analysis and in my explanations, and include micro and meta theory, of meta-modernism in action. But then I would need to introduce Platonic dialectical theory and metaxy, which is beyond the scope of 'armchair psychology', and a difficult concept for people to grasp as it is a very new paradigm emerging from post-modernism. It is quite worthy of publication to explain the social forces from this perspective time and context, this case exemplifies meta modernism and it's applications extraordinarily well.
So I read elsewhere to provide me with balanced evidence of this phenomena occurring and I have found it on many international and local websites about the laws, the evidence etc. Plenty of scholars have weighed from a legal perspective. I have looked at from many different perspectives beyond the DSM, and my outcomes are entirely different with no measuring at all. imo

A measuring handbook is a guideline not a definitive authority.
If we rely on that alone then we must be self-reflexive enough to recognise and acknowledge it's inherent bias towards gender and power and cultural appropriateness. Does it apply universally to all cultures? No it certainly doesn't. Even the people responsible for creating the DSM have alluded to these flaws. It's not just me.
I cannot see that a culturally biased DSM applying to Amazonian tribes, so it is a shorthand tool and nothing more - without a relevant cultural context. Do native tribes in Tibet have 4:100 ASPD's amongst them?
Are they self medicating outcasts?
Do they currently have more than 40 serial killers floating round their community?
Why go beyond the inexperienced state witnesses diagnosis of BPD what
does it serve and mote importantly who does it serve?
As it is, I can only speak to the neo-conservative paradigm of racism and sexism existing in Arizona. Those are statistical facts well known in the US and internationally. I don't criticise US statistics I agree with them. imo The death penalty rate in Arizona is outstanding compared with other states, so is the over-representation of minority groups. Your country agrees with me according to their own statistics.
So if you are confused by US statistics, or 'evidence' not establish as'fact' then don't take it up with me, I had nothing to do with them. imo

Well I could argue that you presuppose shallow, I cannot answer why a shallow person would have M Scott Peck amongst her reading possessions. It's really not a shallow read. Not one that would attract too many psychopaths I think.
Searching for meaning is a quest we all undertake, she was trying different ways to search for it through a faith. I didn't go to university until I was 34 not because I consider myself dumb. All life experiences enhance wisdom. Was I not engaged in a heartfelt quest?
Discovering ourselves only really starts in our 30's and it's relative depth is dependent on the person and the successfully completed life stages which are considerably longer (and getting longer) suggested by Erickson.
Six year olds wanting to be 25, and 25 year olds looking and acting like juveniles. Where does the quest begin on that journey?
Brain development is incomplete until aged 25.

To clarify (boldened statement above), the frontal cortex in a *male's* brain is said to be developed by age 25.
Just sayin'......

To clarify (boldened statement above), the frontal cortex in a *male's* brain is said to be developed by age 25.
Just sayin'......
By age 25, but not before. It just confirms it. To me, it really has massive implications as to culpability/diminished capacity. That is why the US - as contrasted with Canada - is insane to try children as adults. These same teens cannot have sex with older people "as adults" , nor can they drive, vote, marry - but they can be tried as adults. It makes no sense at all, and really makes the US look bad, and unenlightened.

By age 25, but not before. It just confirms it. To me, it really has massive implications as to culpability/diminished capacity. That is why the US - as contrasted with Canada - is insane to try children as adults. These same teens cannot have sex with older people "as adults" , nor can they drive, vote, marry - but they can be tried as adults. It makes no sense at all, and really makes the US look bad, and unenlightened.

Does Canada even have the huge problem we have here in the USA with child murderers? Gun laws and the mindset is totally different between the two countries. IMO

That's a whole separate can of worms. IMO and one I don't think we should open on this thread.

Don't be amazed, I can read what international news and many many other outlets are saying. It's not terribly hard, so you can do it too it might help with the confusion! I have no such confusion.
I don't think I do speak for the rest of the world, imo my postings are intelligently built and based on my own experience, and I quite frequently say imo. imo I have absolutely no idea why on earth you should find it so surprising at all. Unless you make assumptions. It's terrible that you might feel so confused by it all.
I have no special abilities beyond deep thinking and high intuition and a sound ability in lateral thinking. With respect, there was no legal evidence presented that she slashed tyres stalked or stole a gun. It was heavily suggested, but not legally established. She had brown hair according to Police reports presented when the gun was stolen. What a prosecutor suggests in argument was not establish legal evidence. It is all conjecture.
The forensics alone are very open to question. It was nowhere near a thorough job.
There are some things that are just impossible to say on this website, as we are all aware, otherwise I would go much much further in my analysis and in my explanations, and include micro and meta theory, of meta-modernism in action. But then I would need to introduce Platonic dialectical theory and metaxy, which is beyond the scope of 'armchair psychology', and a difficult concept for people to grasp as it is a very new paradigm emerging from post-modernism. It is quite worthy of publication to explain the social forces from this perspective time and context, this case exemplifies meta modernism and it's applications extraordinarily well.
So I read elsewhere to provide me with balanced evidence of this phenomena occurring and I have found it on many international and local websites about the laws, the evidence etc. Plenty of scholars have weighed from a legal perspective. I have looked at from many different perspectives beyond the DSM, and my outcomes are entirely different with no measuring at all. imo

A measuring handbook is a guideline not a definitive authority.
If we rely on that alone then we must be self-reflexive enough to recognise and acknowledge it's inherent bias towards gender and power and cultural appropriateness. Does it apply universally to all cultures? No it certainly doesn't. Even the people responsible for creating the DSM have alluded to these flaws. It's not just me.
I cannot see that a culturally biased DSM applying to Amazonian tribes, so it is a shorthand tool and nothing more - without a relevant cultural context. Do native tribes in Tibet have 4:100 ASPD's amongst them?
Are they self medicating outcasts?
Do they currently have more than 40 serial killers floating round their community?
Why go beyond the inexperienced state witnesses diagnosis of BPD what
does it serve and mote importantly who does it serve?
As it is, I can only speak to the neo-conservative paradigm of racism and sexism existing in Arizona. Those are statistical facts well known in the US and internationally. I don't criticise US statistics I agree with them. imo The death penalty rate in Arizona is outstanding compared with other states, so is the over-representation of minority groups. Your country agrees with me according to their own statistics.
So if you are confused by US statistics, or 'evidence' not establish as'fact' then don't take it up with me, I had nothing to do with them. imo

You're free to have your opinions. But at least be clear in that it is your opinion. There is really no need to falsely inflate the credibility and weight of your opinion without links or verification as per the rules of the board.

Yeah you know those people who have fabulous libraries but have never read but 5 of the books?

They act as if they read all of them, but if you ask them specifically about each book they have no clue. They just want to appear more intelligent than they are. Drives me crazy -

Yes, well, just saying, I think she may have the book Your Erroneous Zones somewhere that the good doctor gave her. She may not have gotten much out of that other than she can still manipulate men.

Although I could totally see someone giving her a copy of The People of the Lie and saying, "Hey, Jodi, any of this seem familiar to you?" ;)

Just remember, for every idiot, there are far more sensible people.

<snipped for space>The forensics alone are very open to question. It was nowhere near a thorough job.

So with your deep thinking and high intuition and a sound ability in lateral thinking, you can do a better job than trained forensic analysts?

I'll bite. Specifically, what should have been done better?

Linda, you might want to talk to some people and see what they teach their children about how to handle themselves if stopped by the police.

Here we call it "driving while black" or " driving while native". We really do not have a Hispanic population here. This is a serious conversation parents have with their children to keep them from getting arrested or worse.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:[/QUOTE

It is much much easier for me to understand what you actual issues are by writing about them. If you are able to challenge me then please do so.
If not then I really am not getting your point since you say nothing.
I am not swayed by a floor laugh because it is empty of meaning and adds nothing to the discussion.

Linda, you might want to talk to some people and see what they teach their children about how to handle themselves if stopped by the police.

Here we call it "driving while black" or " driving while native". We really do not have a Hispanic population here. This is a serious conversation parents have with their children to keep them from getting arrested or worse.

Honestly, it's not a bad thing to talk about period. While I'm so white I'm often mistaken for Casper the Friendly Caucasian, there are far better ways to handle talking with the police than others, and they are things I do. Hands up on the steering wheel where an office can see them. Don't be diving into your glove box looking for a registration. Tell the officer what you're doing, "My license is in my purse, can I get it out?". Don't get confrontational even if you are right and they are wrong. That's advice for any kid, honestly.

You're free to have your opinions. But at least be clear in that it is your opinion. There is really no need to falsely inflate the credibility and weight of your opinion without links or verification as per the rules of the board.

I have sprinkled my comments liberally with imo. I you feel I 'falsely' inflate my credibility that really isn't my problem. I falsely inflate nothing. Thanks for the freedom to post my opinion imo.
If you perceive it as 'false' inflation so be it. Others don't. imo
How I manage your opinions is to not read them, you can do it too. imo

Absolutely!
Mine is super interested in law enforcement and the justice system in general. He has a great relationship with local police. He's participated in the jr police academy and many in LE coach sports teams here. I really gotta hand it to our township police, they take community outreach very seriously and make great efforts to connect with the kids starting from a very young age.

Specifically? Specifically? Which footprint and how was it explained by the defense. Hairs unaccounted for camera cards which don't belong, hairs that are unaccounted for? Camera cards with hairs? Unaccounted for camera cards?

How many hairs in a typical murder scene in a house such as this will be ultimately unsourced?

Please explain what fibers don't belong in the house of a guy with multiple roomies and company that comes to visit? What are the characteristics of fibers which "don't belong"?

What additional injuries are going to be created? Bruises? Scrapes? How much of that is going to be hidden by decomp?

And last but not least, what alternate likely scenario does all this fouled up forensics represent.

Gee.....if anyone actually believed the forensics were sloppy and it even a remote possibility she didn't act alone, the defense would have been shouting from the rooftops, would have produced a single expert to say so, and....not to mention, Jodi pointing the finger quicker than a New York minute and playing the victim...again.

Those bloggers must have superpowers to deduce what's been claimed. Roflmao!

Collection of evidence, handling of evidence, ignoring a foot print, hairs unaccounted for camera cards which don't belong, fibres which don't belong. Plus the idea that one person could lift a very heavy dead weight into a tiny shower without causing further injury to the body. He would have way more scrapes on his body. I understand people have experimented with dragging a dead weight, but try putting it in a tiny shower in a sitting up position and see how far you get without additional injury.

What ignored footprint?
Camera cards that don't belong? Says who?
Fibers that don't belong? Says who?
Who says there would be more scrapes that what there were? You?
Whose claiming she didn't do it or didn't do it alone? You?

The prosecution doesn't have to explain every item in a house to prove a murder was committed and who did it. The murderer did admit to killing him. ;)

That doesn't seem to be the best example of deep thinking and high intuition and a sound ability in lateral thinking on your part.

Please, find a forensic scientist who says you can source every fiber and every hair at a crime scene. Because believe me, I'm tight friends with folks who have sifted through more carpets than they like to remember. You'll never determine where each and every fiber comes from. We'll laugh until there isn't a dry seat in the house at someone who says differently.

You're finding some kind of significance in a camera card that is missing? Like the gun is missing? Or a camera card that is an extra, like one of the 3 or 4 spare memory cards I can find without standing up from my desk?

Well my deep and lateral thinking and intuition tells me there is no point in arguing you so I won't.
I have no idea if you are intuitive enough to read it, but the dynamic between JA and TA is being played out in numerous forums and media online. The level of outright bullying ridicule and denigration on a personal level is blatantly obvious. It's disgraceful behaviour and I cannot account for it in any other way. Perhaps you could find something to show me how bullying doesn't cause PTSD and then I may or may not politely respond. It's just very reflective of shallow behaviour, so knowing where it comes from and how it arose is very important for me to know. But I do worry about those who may be a little more fragile, because besides the great strengths I mentioned above, I am highly compassionate to fellow humans. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member