POLL- Who do you think is responsible for Haleigh's Disappearance?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who is responsible for Haleigh's Disappearance

• Bio Mom Crystal or her family

Votes: 20 5.3%
  • Bio Dad Ron and his Girlfriend Misty

Votes: 62 16.3%
  • Bio Dad Ron acting alone

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Girlfriend Misty acting Alone

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • Girlfriend Misty due to not being there

Votes: 89 23.4%
  • A relative or associate of Ron's without his knowledge

Votes: 41 10.8%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 116 30.5%
  • Random Person Not Associated

Votes: 22 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I couldn't vote because there are not enough options. My thoughts are that it is someone who saw Misty leave the house, or knew the back door was open, and took that opportunity to come in and grab the child. It is probably someone either she or Ron knows.
That is exactly what I think.

I am a bit surprised that the option of "Stranger/Intruder" isn't on the poll. That is what I would vote for - right now. Yes, the odds are stacked in the favor of someone within the family being the culprit, but I just can't help but remember Jessica Lunsford, Elizabeth Smart, Danielle Van Dam, Polly Klass, Jon Benet Ramsey, and Shasta Groene. From that list, it is alarmingly possible for a stranger to abduct/harm a child. I also then think about cases like Casey Anthony and Trenton Duckett. I NEVER felt that a stranger was involved in either of those cases - why is that?? Gut feeling? Life has taught me to rely on my gut feeling, and I am not convinced that we are dealing with a family murder/abduction in Haleigh's case. I am beginning to fear that LE has already made up their minds, and they are no longer looking at ALL possibilities - a very dangerous thing.....and very bad for Haleigh.

I have many problems with this case and to be truthful, I have no idea who took her or how they got her.
All we have are "rumors" and "past" court records. I am going to list my problems with this case.

1. Rumors about RC: Yes he had some prior arrest however he has NOT been arrested since he has had his children living with him. People do change, people do grow up. I feel that his mom is the only level headed person in this whole situation. I also think that she probably lives a clean life and maybe has helped RC to go down the right road. As for him being abusive we have only seen this when he was really upset. (Even last night when GR was in his face, we didn't see the "abusive" side of him) I refuse to hold that against him because I have said some pretty mean things when I have been upset and angry. I must add that I have NEVER been the position that RC was in that night when he called 911. Misty DOES NOT look scared of him, she looks scared of the whole situation.

2. The drug use. I am not too sure about that either. For 1 thing he works as a crane operator and I am sure that he is tested for drugs. I would imagine that in most States this is mandatory. I do know that Federal Regs. require that for any heavy equipment operator. I don't care what a 17 year old writes on her myspace or her friends, they are just being cool. I have not seen or heard any evidence of drugs being involved on that night or in fact EVER since RC has had the children.

3. The Bio Mom. First I have to say that I don't think she had anything to do with this but that's because I just think she doesn't give a dam. Sorry, I have no respect for any woman who doesn't fight to get her kids back. If that happened to me you bet I would be in the first re-hab I could find, I would get a job, I would take parenting classes, I would do anything required of me to win custody back. Nope she has Chloe and the other brats.

4. Misty. I think she is just a young woman who has had to grow up very fast. RC's mom said she was very mature for her age. As for the age difference between her and RC I see nothing big about it. All of my boyfriends were always 4-5 years older than me. The man I married is 6 years older. Most men are immature until about the age of 25. Nope not a big problem to me.

5. Unsavory characters. I haven't seen any of his friends or their rap sheets. I have seen "relatives" of Misty's and their rap sheets. I always tell the kids that I counsel "you can't choose your family but you can choose the direction your life will take." I am not really sure if "wild" parties were thrown in their home or not.

What I do know that is the everytime I have seen RC is makes it about Haleigh and makes sure that everyone knows that. I know that in all the pictures Haleigh looks like a happy healthy child. I have seen pictures of her and Misty and they really look like they like each other.

You see I don't know any of these people or what their lifestyle was before a little girl came up missing. I cannot assume anything about them. I can only take what I have seen in interviews and the little bit of information that LE has given us. I am just that kind of person. I can only go by the "facts" of this case and that is a little girl is missing and someone, somewhere knows where she is. I just wish we knew "who" that was. :frown:

Excellent and well thought out post. Pretty much sums up the way I feel also. Nothing is black and white in my world...

I just know that I can't take this much longer. The whole tragedy is pretty much eating away at my soul.

I voted I have no idea, however in all reality RON for NOT providing proper care for his children while he is at work. Misty was in no way a responsible babysitter. I wonder if LE has given Misty and Ron drug tests. I wonder why NONE of the grandparents thought to talk to a 24/25 year old man about his choice to move a then 16? yr old into his home. I mean, where in the country would family court find it acceptable to have a 16 yr old female living and playing "house" with a 24/25 year old? I think we all know the answer to that.

IT makes me sad, SO many 'adults' in Haleighs life made or looked away from the numerous poor choices this family/Ron/Misty has made - involved or not.

jmo

The 911 call bothers me. The sobbing and whining of RC makes me think he knew who was behind this.. or at least why. For all he knew at that time, Haleigh could have been somewhere in the vicinity, even sleepwalking. In the 911 call he is fairly certain that someone has taken her.. and even tells dispatch that he will kill whoever has her.

I think Misty knows more than she is admitting at this point- Perhaps she has been threatened ( not by RC).

Since there were two children in the home, (possibly alone)..yet only the girl was taken
I think it points strongly to a sexual predator. A smaller child, and a son, would be easier to carry and might have heavier " payback" potential, if RC owed someone. Another sad
and alarming case.

The 911 call bothers me. The sobbing and whining of RC makes me think he knew who was behind this.. or at least why. For all he knew at that time, Haleigh could have been somewhere in the vicinity, even sleepwalking. In the 911 call he is fairly certain that someone has taken her.. and even tells dispatch that he will kill whoever has her.

I think Misty knows more than she is admitting at this point- Perhaps she has been threatened ( not by RC).

Since there were two children in the home, (possibly alone)..yet only the girl was taken
I think it points strongly to a sexual predator. A smaller child, and a son, would be easier to carry and might have heavier " payback" potential, if RC owed someone. Another sad
and alarming case.
I wonder what Misty's father's thoughts were on her staying with Ronald. I read on another thread that he looked none too happy when LE returned her after questioning and that he is in a wheelchair, but that doesn't mean no connections or motive (daughter for a daughter).

I have many problems with this case and to be truthful, I have no idea who took her or how they got her.
All we have are "rumors" and "past" court records. I am going to list my problems with this case.

1. Rumors about RC: Yes he had some prior arrest however he has NOT been arrested since he has had his children living with him. People do change, people do grow up. I feel that his mom is the only level headed person in this whole situation. I also think that she probably lives a clean life and maybe has helped RC to go down the right road. As for him being abusive we have only seen this when he was really upset. (Even last night when GR was in his face, we didn't see the "abusive" side of him) I refuse to hold that against him because I have said some pretty mean things when I have been upset and angry. I must add that I have NEVER been the position that RC was in that night when he called 911. Misty DOES NOT look scared of him, she looks scared of the whole situation.

2. The drug use. I am not too sure about that either. For 1 thing he works as a crane operator and I am sure that he is tested for drugs. I would imagine that in most States this is mandatory. I do know that Federal Regs. require that for any heavy equipment operator. I don't care what a 17 year old writes on her myspace or her friends, they are just being cool. I have not seen or heard any evidence of drugs being involved on that night or in fact EVER since RC has had the children.

3. The Bio Mom. First I have to say that I don't think she had anything to do with this but that's because I just think she doesn't give a dam. Sorry, I have no respect for any woman who doesn't fight to get her kids back. If that happened to me you bet I would be in the first re-hab I could find, I would get a job, I would take parenting classes, I would do anything required of me to win custody back. Nope she has Chloe and the other brats.

4. Misty. I think she is just a young woman who has had to grow up very fast. RC's mom said she was very mature for her age. As for the age difference between her and RC I see nothing big about it. All of my boyfriends were always 4-5 years older than me. The man I married is 6 years older. Most men are immature until about the age of 25. Nope not a big problem to me.

5. Unsavory characters. I haven't seen any of his friends or their rap sheets. I have seen "relatives" of Misty's and their rap sheets. I always tell the kids that I counsel "you can't choose your family but you can choose the direction your life will take." I am not really sure if "wild" parties were thrown in their home or not.

What I do know that is the everytime I have seen RC is makes it about Haleigh and makes sure that everyone knows that. I know that in all the pictures Haleigh looks like a happy healthy child. I have seen pictures of her and Misty and they really look like they like each other.

You see I don't know any of these people or what their lifestyle was before a little girl came up missing. I cannot assume anything about them. I can only take what I have seen in interviews and the little bit of information that LE has given us. I am just that kind of person. I can only go by the "facts" of this case and that is a little girl is missing and someone, somewhere knows where she is. I just wish we knew "who" that was. :frown:

Me too! :blowkiss:

I wonder what Misty's father's thoughts were on her staying with Ronald. I read on another thread that he looked none too happy when LE returned her after questioning and that he is in a wheelchair, but that doesn't mean no connections or motive (daughter for a daughter).

ETA: I had posted this on the Misty thread yesterday:

Although I think Misty is the corner stone of this whole mess I noticed this quote from her father which I hadn't seen in it's entirety before (for what it's worth anyway):

Croslin said his daughter and Cummings have been together for several months, and at first he did not like the arrangement. He did not initially like that Cummings first said he was 19, then 21.

As he has watched the couple, his opinion has changed, he said.

"I'd rather see my daughter with someone like him," he said. "You don't see too many 25-year-old men take care of two kids."

He said his daughter and Cummings were dedicated to Haleigh and Cummings' son.

"I've never seen that girl without a smile," he said of Haleigh. "Both of those kids were happy."

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publishe...&topicId=100020825&docId=l:929187600&start=20

Me too! :blowkiss:

This case is really hard for me. I got involved in the VanDam case years ago and I swore never again...well here I am.

OT Where in Upstate do you live? I grew up way up north...

I voted that I had no idea - I do know one thing for certain and that is that whoever took Haleigh knew RC's work schedule. If it was a "stranger" abduction, such as a SO in the area that is unrelated to the family, that individual would need to know some specifics, most importantly RC's work schedule in order to plot and plan an abduction. At this time my feeling is this - if it was a stranger than somebody, either RC, MC, a family member, a friend of the families or even a neighbor would likely recall somebody hanging around, possibly sitting in a car alongside the road and observing MC and the kids, perhaps this person was in a store or some public place beforehand where RC or MC were and came across "friendly" in an effort to unknowingly solicit the information from them. Did someone new take an interest in MC, online or otherwise - if online the person could have presented themself as a female and unknowingly MC may have shared information such as this thinking that she was chatting with a mother with young children herself, for that matter anyone in the family, sister, mother,...could have shared information such as this online, "gotta go, my sis, daughter... lives over at... her bf works nights and she hates being alone there with 2 small kids...I know what the statistics say in these cases but in my heart of hearts - maybe being so soon after Caylee - I just don't want to have to accept that - again, not yet. It's the worst thing imaginable when any child is harmed by anyone BUT it SUCKS (for lack of a better word - sorry) when it's the person/persons that a child should have NEVER had to fear. Clearly this family (all sides & their assocciates) have alot of issues but in the meantime, if they are as innocent as they claim to be than they ALL need to start re-thinking every conversation they've had with ANYONE prior to Haleigh's disappearance - even the one's that seemed innocent, such as comments made to a stranger at the grocery store - even females. Who knows, Misty could have confided in a female acquaintance that Ron was abusive to Haleigh (if that was the case) - this individual may feel justified in "rescuing" a little girl from that type of situation. They all need to sit down with paper and pen and think back upon every single little detail...

I'm sending up a prayer today...
Please God, bring Haleigh home.

I voted that I have no idea. Haleigh was born into a family and extended family of which some have had some very serious run-ins with the law.

Her Parents, neither one is likeable in the sense of behavoirs exhibited since Haleigh disappeared. Father is a hothead with a foul mouth. Mother alleges abuse and she also lost custody of her children. She also has used the media to fight an ongoing battle that they both have been involved in for years about the children.

Coupled with the fact that within her community there are 44 RSO's within a five mile radius of the home she lived in.

Add to that, that it can't be determined when she was last seen. Even LE has said the timeline has changed the only fact that LE hasn't said has changed is that her caregiver MC was the last one to see her.

We found that a few blankets were washed late that evening, that a door that was reported to be locked at all times was found standing wide open. That the screendoor to that always locked door was propped open with a cinder block that Haleigh's father says he's never seen and the last person to see Haleigh initially didn't make a statement to media about it.

Then we have varying reports not only of when the caregiver says she woke up and found Haleigh missing she didn't call 911 herself until the child's father told her to do so. We have no concept of the amount of time that the caregiver allowed to elapse. Even she has made more than a few varying statements about the time.

Varying reports. We have a caregiver who was the last person known to see Haleigh who has more than several variations of what happened that night. These variations were not just an elaboration on detail as sometimes happens when a story is told and retold and details are added as remembered. But rather these variations are of the facts the caregiver's first story.

I said that I don't know because there isn't one in the whole bunch of adults that were in Haleigh's life that appeared to put her safety and wellbeing (psychological, emotional and physical and educational) at the forefront. Each of the adults in her life, including the caregiver, have exhibited behavior that when looked upon in retrospect can be seen to have shortcomings.

I voted that I have no idea. Haleigh was born into a family and extended family of which some have had some very serious run-ins with the law.

Her Parents, neither one is likeable in the sense of behavoirs exhibited since Haleigh disappeared. Father is a hothead with a foul mouth. Mother alleges abuse and she also lost custody of her children. She also has used the media to fight an ongoing battle that they both have been involved in for years about the children.

Coupled with the fact that within her community there are 44 RSO's within a five mile radius of the home she lived in.

Add to that, that it can't be determined when she was last seen. Even LE has said the timeline has changed the only fact that LE hasn't said has changed is that her caregiver MC was the last one to see her.

We found that a few blankets were washed late that evening, that a door that was reported to be locked at all times was found standing wide open. That the screendoor to that always locked door was propped open with a cinder block that Haleigh's father says he's never seen and the last person to see Haleigh initially didn't make a statement to media about it.

Then we have varying reports not only of when the caregiver says she woke up and found Haleigh missing she didn't call 911 herself until the child's father told her to do so. We have no concept of the amount of time that the caregiver allowed to elapse. Even she has made more than a few varying statements about the time.

Varying reports. We have a caregiver who was the last person known to see Haleigh who has more than several variations of what happened that night. These variations were not just an elaboration on detail as sometimes happens when a story is told and retold and details are added as remembered. But rather these variations are of the facts the caregiver's first story.

I said that I don't know because there isn't one in the whole bunch of adults that were in Haleigh's life that appeared to put her safety and wellbeing (psychological, emotional and physical and educational) at the forefront. Each of the adults in her life, including the caregiver, have exhibited behavior that when looked upon in retrospect can be seen to have shortcomings.

:clap::clap:

I voted that I had no idea - I do know one thing for certain and that is that whoever took Haleigh knew RC's work schedule. If it was a "stranger" abduction, such as a SO in the area that is unrelated to the family, that individual would need to know some specifics, most importantly RC's work schedule in order to plot and plan an abduction. At this time my feeling is this - if it was a stranger than somebody, either RC, MC, a family member, a friend of the families or even a neighbor would likely recall somebody hanging around, possibly sitting in a car alongside the road and observing MC and the kids, perhaps this person was in a store or some public place beforehand where RC or MC were and came across "friendly" in an effort to unknowingly solicit the information from them. Did someone new take an interest in MC, online or otherwise - if online the person could have presented themself as a female and unknowingly MC may have shared information such as this thinking that she was chatting with a mother with young children herself, for that matter anyone in the family, sister, mother,...could have shared information such as this online, "gotta go, my sis, daughter... lives over at... her bf works nights and she hates being alone there with 2 small kids...I know what the statistics say in these cases but in my heart of hearts - maybe being so soon after Caylee - I just don't want to have to accept that - again, not yet. It's the worst thing imaginable when any child is harmed by anyone BUT it SUCKS (for lack of a better word - sorry) when it's the person/persons that a child should have NEVER had to fear. Clearly this family (all sides & their assocciates) have alot of issues but in the meantime, if they are as innocent as they claim to be than they ALL need to start re-thinking every conversation they've had with ANYONE prior to Haleigh's disappearance - even the one's that seemed innocent, such as comments made to a stranger at the grocery store - even females. Who knows, Misty could have confided in a female acquaintance that Ron was abusive to Haleigh (if that was the case) - this individual may feel justified in "rescuing" a little girl from that type of situation. They all need to sit down with paper and pen and think back upon every single little detail...

In the future can you please make your posts in a larger font. It's so hard to read for me because I have poor eyesight I passed over your post. I'd like to read what you have to say but if you post it that small I can't. Thanks.

:clap::clap:

In the future can you please make your posts in a larger font. It's so hard to read for me because I have poor eyesight I passed over your post. I'd like to read what you have to say but if you post it that small I can't. Thanks.

Yes of course Steely! :blowkiss:

ETA: Is that okay steely?

:clap::clap:Very well said Kat. Something that I'm wondering and haven't found any discussion on is whether or not LE and/or DHS (Child Protective Services - I don't know what it's called there, here it's Department of Health & Human Services) has been able to talk with and question RC Jr. without RC (father) there? Have you heard anything about this? I'm still entirely confused about the sleeping arrangement that night also. Was RC Jr. in bed with MC? and if so, why is it that she remembers seeing him going to the bathroom before she went to bed herself? I may have this all a$$ backwards... :crazy: TYIA

Quote originally by Steely Dan (Clipped by me)

Of course! I am actually visually challanged myself and much prefer size "3" font on here but when I first began posting it was frowned upon. Hope this is better. :blowkiss:

Quote originally by Steely Dan (Clipped by me)

Of course! I am actually visually challanged myself and much prefer size "3" font on here but when I first began posting it was frowned upon. Hope this is better. :blowkiss:

Thanks. I think the problem is your font choice. Everybody else posts in the default font that when written normally is big enough to see. Like this post here.

Thanks again.

Yes of course Steely! :blowkiss:

ETA: Is that okay steely?

Sorry, that was meant for nomoresorrow not you. :blush: I posted it originally backwards and then edited to change it. You probably saw the first version.

:clap::clap:Very well said Kat. Something that I'm wondering and haven't found any discussion on is whether or not LE and/or DHS (Child Protective Services - I don't know what it's called there, here it's Department of Health & Human Services) has been able to talk with and question RC Jr. without RC (father) there? Have you heard anything about this? I'm still entirely confused about the sleeping arrangement that night also. Was RC Jr. in bed with MC? and if so, why is it that she remembers seeing him going to the bathroom before she went to bed herself? I may have this all a$$ backwards... :crazy: TYIA

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you with a response sooner nomoresorrow. I had a business phone call come in and had to tend to that.

So many different versions of what has happened it's hard to tell what exactly the story is because we have to go by either media reporters or media interviews with family members.

Crystal (bio-mom) said in an article that Jr. had been interviewed and that she herself wasn't asking him questions. I think there might be a reference to that in the men in black thread, if not it might be found in the media thread.

The sleeping arrangements: IIRC, MC gave two accounts. A reporter gave more than two accounts that she said she heard was said.

I am not positively sure, but I think the current account is that MC and Jr. were in bed together. Haleigh was allegedly sleeping on a toddler mattress next to the bed that MC and Jr. were in. In a video interview, when asked ab out the distance between the beds MC wasn't sure about the measurements so RC stated that it was about 4 feet.

Both beds are reported to be mattresses that are placed on the floor.

I hope that helps:)

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you with a response sooner nomoresorrow. I had a business phone call come in and had to tend to that.

So many different versions of what has happened it's hard to tell what exactly the story is because we have to go by either media reporters or media interviews with family members.

Crystal (bio-mom) said in an article that Jr. had been interviewed and that she herself wasn't asking him questions. I think there might be a reference to that in the men in black thread, if not it might be found in the media thread.

The sleeping arrangements: IIRC, MC gave two accounts. A reporter gave more than two accounts that she said she heard was said.

I am not positively sure, but I think the current account is that MC and Jr. were in bed together. Haleigh was allegedly sleeping on a toddler mattress next to the bed that MC and Jr. were in. In a video interview, when asked ab out the distance between the beds MC wasn't sure about the measurements so RC stated that it was about 4 feet.

Both beds are reported to be mattresses that are placed on the floor.

I hope that helps:)

No need to apologize, happens to me all the time. Either the phone, the door or the dishes are calling me! As I was reading your response I recalled something - didn't Crystal have RC Jr. overnight sometime last weekend or around then? The reason that I ask is I remember her mom speaking on, I'm pretty sure NG, and when Nancy asked her how Crystal was holding up she said something to the effect that she (Crystal) was happy at the moment because she had Jr. over and was tucking him into bed. Does this ring any bells for you? If I heard correctly and she actually has had him overnight this may very well be the reason for the recent hostility displayed - I think Jr. has told about alot of things that have been going on in that home and if so, Jr. just may hold the key. It's possible, if that were the case, that LE would keep that under wraps, especially if he disclosed information that put RC and/or MC in a guilty light. Until they were confident that they, either had enough for an arrest warrant or enough to remove him from their custody because they wouldn't want to put him in any kind of jeopardy. Thank you for responding to my questions, I really appreciate that and you need never apologize for not responding quickly enough - I always assume that someone is just busy with "Life" at the moment - it doesn't stop for anybody, not even WS's!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back