POLL: Will George and Cindy remain together in the wake of the trial?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will George and Cindy's marriage make it beyond the trial?

• Yes

Votes: 255 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 371 59.3%

• Total voters
I think they will be together for a few more years. They have been through so much together lately that I can't see them splitting right now. Parents that lose their children often have marriages that fall apart due to stress and sorrow. Perhaps if both get intense therapy alone and together it works for them.

I think they need each other and I pray that they stay together. I think if ICA stays in prison-- they will have a much better chance of making it. If she gets released, I think that would cause problems with the marriage. I think that would push GA away and that CA would still allow ICA to do and get whatever she wants.

Hopefully, ICA will get LWOP, and CA & GA can get on with their lives. JMO

Personally I hope that they don't stay together. Cindy is going to stay firmly behind KC as she has been. George needs to get out of the toxic relationship he is in. George needs to be his own man for a change. Perhaps if Cindy stood beside George when KC claimed abuse instead of lying for KC again on the stand, then I would feel differently.

You know, for the first time in their lives, they have an opportunity to present themselves to Casey as a united front. I think Casey spreads destruction wherever she goes. G an C could start afresh if they will only be honest with themselves and admit to their enabling and coddling of their daughter. I believe that Cindy is the main coddler and that George long ago was emasculated and prevented from reining in Casey If only they would determine that no longer will Casey be a wedge between them, then they could have a healthy marriage. Otherwise, Casey will be able to reach out from whatever jail cell she is in and poison the two of them forever.

BBM. I bet their house will sell for FAR beyond what it's worth. There's a market for that, like the murder memorabilia website and stuff.

I dunno... I checked recently and it has dropped from the high 100's to 103,000. on zillow I believe. LOTS of homes are for sale on that street IIRC

If I were either one of them I would be like:

"Look, we got married to make beautiful music together and raise a family. We have created a monster. Lee is a man now with a fiance and this probably won't affect him too much. It's been a long wild run and neither of us should have to continue to look at one another in marriage for the rest of our days and be reminded of this awful tragedy. Let us part amicably and if you need me--don't call me--and that goes for that <modsnip> too. See 'ya."

I voted no. I think it depends alot on the verdict. If she is found guilty, they have a much better chance at making their marriage work. A hung jury would mean a retrial, and cindy will become further entrenched to stick with casey, and casey will convince cindy that he is part of the reason she wasn't found not guilty(because he wised up and became truthful at the end). She would choose casey over george, at that time. IMO. And I don't want to even consider a not guilty verdict, because like most of you, I truly believe in her guilt.

I think they are both toxic people. For. The sake of others, I hope they stay together. That way the craziness will stay contained!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Cindy will kick him out, things will never be the same between them, imo. It's really sad. Casey did this to her family, putting them thru the ringer, for what? [COLOR]

During this trial I've wondered the same thing. I voted no but I hope they can somehow stay together. Hopefully they each and together will get the help needed. But something tells me the relationship may be too broken to recover.....who knows.

I also think when all the dust settles down they will want to sell the house and move. If they are able to sell that house will be another story.

I voted yes. I think if they've made it this far, they'll make it all the way.

I think they'll stay together because they've been married so long and seem to love each other. George seems to appreciate Cindy and vice versal, and they try to look out for and protect each other. I just hope they do get a movie and book deal and never send what's her name a dime, get on with their lives, move away, and relax.

Are you guys serious? No way..aaaaaay...will these two stay together. They may be in the same house but they aren't "together" now either,,emotionally. The pain, anguish, anger, loss ... all that they have gone through as a result of their daughter's evil actions, has certainly taken it's toll. Part of George's healing(and IMO, he's the only one I would put my money on right now) will be to leave the toxicity of that home and find a new life.
Maybe he and Lee will be close at some point.
But Cindy? That woman is in serious need of professional help that George cannot provide for her. It will be her turn to 'step up" and do something for Caylee at some point too. And keeping her family hostage with her anger will not work for her(or them) after this.
Medications do not heal the soul. Cindy will need to find her way ...and it'll be a lonely journey for sure.

I voted "yes" but I'm really not too sure. It really depends on a lot of factors. At this point they are two very broken people, and both need a lot of therapy to mend all that's gone wrong. The best thing they could do is to get into some sort of therapy.

I think George has gotten to the point where he will no longer support Casey. I'm sure that as her father he doesn't want her to get the death penalty, but he's been beaten down and can no longer do anything beyond self preservation.

Cindy continues to support Casey. Unless she can accept the reality of what her daughter did, and learn to turn her focus to her other family members, she's going to create a gulf between herself and others. Casey may continue to be a source of contention between George and Cindy.

Casey? She may continue to refuse visits from her family. I think she sees her parents and the ones to blame for all that's happened to her. If she refuses to see her parents, that might be a good thing for George and Cindy.

The best thing George and Cindy could do is sell that house and move away from Orlando. They've got family in other areas of Florida and perhaps they need to move closer to them. A move away from Orlando would give them a new start.

They need to get jobs, but that might be difficult because of their notoriety.

I guess time will tell if George and Cindy will stay together, heal, and change their ways.

I voted no, although I think they will stay together for a while to get whatever money they can for media interviews and book deals. Then when that money runs dry or interest in their story starts fading away, they will separate/divorce. And each will make money giving interviews about their separation/divorce. Then we shall be treated to two more book deals - his version and her version.

I just hope they tell LA that they are separating/divorcing and selling the house. Poor LA will have a nervous breakdown when he goes to his folks' house and finds someone else is living there. Once again -- he was left out of the loop! JMO

It's going to be the hardest time of their lives. They have lost so much. Their beautiful granddaughter gone, they surrounded themselves with her love and now that's gone. Only time will tell.

I didn't vote yes or no. My vote is "I hope so". Having a daughter like KC would challenge any marriage. Hopefully, they can both wash their hands of her and put her to rest too, at least in their minds, if nothing else. They will always love their daughter, but unless they can emotionally detach themselves from her, she will keep them in emotional bondage. She tried to destroy their lives and my hope and prayer is that they don't allow her to succeed. They need to remember that although they've lost their granddaughter and their daughter, they still have a son as well as a future daughter-in-law.

If I were either one of them I would be like:

"Look, we got married to make beautiful music together and raise a family. We have created a monster. Lee is a man now with a fiance and this probably won't affect him too much. It's been a long wild run and neither of us should have to continue to look at one another in marriage for the rest of our days and be reminded of this awful tragedy. Let us part amicably and if you need me--don't call me--and that goes for that <modsnip> too. See 'ya."

I wish George would leave Cindy she seems like the strong one! but she would fall apart without George....he has made her the strong one by giving her all his power ..(reading his sucide note was heartbreaking he has no self esteem no sense of self unless Cindy tells him who he should be ) my wish for george his true happiness he can come to my house i will make barbque,coleslaw and hushpuppies.and sweet tea for him... he is a strong man we all saw it whe he stood up for his baby Caylee...wow first time i saw george as a strong sexy man...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back