POLL: Will George and Cindy remain together in the wake of the trial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will George and Cindy's marriage make it beyond the trial?

• Yes

Votes: 255 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 371 59.3%

• Total voters
....... sake of discussion, sometimes it's easier to stay together than to live apart, once you've been married that many years....

How we can look at the world differently after passing middle age. Look at GA: Up in age & does what men do, 'Turn Off'! He has shown a hot fire in his belly but plays the game couples do to get what they want.

This is supposed to be about justice for a innocent child, what does this have to do with the trial? Honestly, I don't think it's any of our business. They have been through enough without people now taking bets on whether they will divorce. We need to stay out of it.

Sassy, this whole trial has been nothing but exposing dirt starting from RK to mistresses! Go to court & your life is torn apart. Why do you think rape victims remain silent?

......Accusing George of sexually abusing her in front of the whole world, should get her banned from the family forever (unless its true and I don't think it is).....

JB promised us understanding after hearing KC's story. What a fool for making those claims without the 'smoking gun'. Backfire!

The jury & most of us are from good, moral values. Viewing those accusations thru ours eyes & happening to us leaves us with very bitter feeling.

Can you imagine any of the men (or women) on that jury saying, "What if that was my daughter?"

I voted yes. After all they have been through and want they have to face in the future, I feel that they lean on each other for the comfort they need. I hope I am not wrong statics say differently, but for the sake of their son I hope they can mend relationships with him and become a loving family after Ica is gone.

I voted yes for 2 reasons.

1) I think if they've made it this far and are still supporting and consoling one another (as has been reported by some at the courthouse) then they will be okay. Casey will be gone, Lee and Mallory will go on with their lives, and there will be some peace after 3 years - really longer - of discordance.

2) I think, to a certain extent, they feel that they are all they have. They remind me a little bit of some friends of ours who have been through several horrific tragedies in their married life. They both openly acknowledge that part of the strength of their relationship is that they are the only ones who understand each other's baggage, etc. The wife once told me she knows they'll never break up b/c "who else would have either of us?" She was mostly joking, but there was a sad element of truth to it.

I don't think that they'll stay together. They won't be able to keep looking at each other without blaming each other.

I earlier said they wouldn't make it...but who else in the world is gonna want them? Really.

No.. statistically the deck is stacked against them with the loss of 1 child, let alone the effective loss of 2. Factor in the infidelities, lies, sacrificial lambs, trauma and general dysfunctionality. They will end up with neither able to view the other without reliving it all, not to mention a desire to turn the page to start anew before they're too old.

The only thing I know for sure is that being from an Italian Catholic background makes no difference at all as to whether they stay together or not. I know alot of divorced Italian Catholics.

Votes no, but who knows.

It is simply not possible for George Anthony to emerge from this trial the same man as when it began. As has been seen, the same cannot be said for his wife.

George Anthony has my prayers. I can't see how he finds peace remaining with a woman who laid down for the monster who destroyed him. I pray they can both find peace and the ability to forgive who ever they feel has done them wrong. For George at least, that's a tall order for sure.

If George and Cindy are going to stay married, I think they need to learn how to be honost--both with themselves and with each other. They need lots of counseling both separately and together, and maybe family counseling with Lee too. I think if Casey is convicted and sentenced, that they should just let her sit in prison and suffer the consequences of her behavior. I don't think they should put money in her account or even make regular visits to her. Accusing George of sexually abusing her in front of the whole world, should get her banned from the family forever (unless its true and I don't think it is). I think George, Cindy, and Lee should all get help to remove the dysfunction from their lives and to rebuild their family without Casey. Maybe one day they will have another grandchild from Lee that they can all enjoy.

Wow, Jan, my thoughts exactly--particularly the part about being "honest with themselves and each other." The worst lies are the ones we tell ourselves. If they can overcome the hurdle of their own delusional thinking and denial, then they may actually salvage their family, lives, and marriage. I hope that if Casey is behind bars, it will be like a breath of fresh air in their home.

JB promised us understanding after hearing KC's story. What a fool for making those claims without the 'smoking gun'. Backfire!

The jury & most of us are from good, moral values. Viewing those accusations thru ours eyes & happening to us leaves us with very bitter feeling.

Can you imagine any of the men (or women) on that jury saying, "What if that was my daughter?"

MOO, it was truly foolish to not at least try and do this, after all, nothing could have been more ridiculous than his opening argument. He promised us w/i the first few (was it three?) minutes, it would all make sense. Here we are at the end and he hasn't even tried to fulfill that promise. I would bet dollars to donoughts that the jury will not soon forget his promise..nor his opening words throwing GA under the bus and running over him a good 45 times.

They probably will stay together. After 28 plus years and the devastating circumstances that they have gone through together, I think that they will cling to each other. Too much history together. Other than River Cruz, who would want to date either one of them?

Yes - because there's no way Cindy will ever give George half of her $2 million book deal earnings.

SO..if they do stay together..Will they stay in that house? I can't imagine...constant harassment, constant tourist, and doubt anyone would ever buy the house. I understand they don't have a choice now..But, I just could not stay there. :(

I really don't know. The've been through so much betrayal and loss not only with Caylee and Casey but with each other.

Thanks Etiana. Here's the rest:

Lead, kindly light, amid the encircling gloom,
Lead thou me on;
The night is dark, and I am far from home,
Lead thou me on.
Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see the distant scene; one step is enough for me.
I was not ever thus, nor prayed that thou shouldst led me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now
Lead thou me on.
I loved the garish day, and spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will: remember past not years,
So long thy power hath blest me, sure it still will lead me on
O'er moor and fen, o're crag and torrent, till the night is gone,
And with the morn those Angel faces smile,
Which I have loved long since, and lost awhile.
Cardinal John Henry Newman.

SO..if they do stay together..Will they stay in that house? I can't imagine...constant harassment, constant tourist, and doubt anyone would ever buy the house. I understand they don't have a choice now..But, I just could not stay there. :(

No body else will have them - they are just toooo damaged and too full of drama is my thought. I don't think they have a choice but to stay together, no body else knows about all the lies they've told so they are bound together by that guilt.

No body else will have them - they are just toooo damaged and too full of drama is my thought. I don't think they have a choice but to stay together, no body else knows about all the lies they've told so they are bound together by that guilt.

I wonder if they would have a hard time trusting new people if they did divorce. How could they be sure that anyone they met wasn't another River Cruz looking to expose and sell their secrets. KWIM?

Cindy should have turned and run when she met George. He has been nothing but a cheating embarrassment. I feel sorry for her when I watch him on the stand, I hope she finds a MAN that will spoil her rotten, I am sure there are more than enough missing child groupies who will throw themselves at him no problem. Its pathetic.jmo
'
Are your serious? Cindy should run from George? Okay...

IMO, They haven't really been "together" for some time (is my guess) ...

but they like each other just fine, share children, grandchildren and this horrible trauma and ongoing ordeal...

and they remain friends, and are important emotional support for each other. No one else could ever understand what they went through with this child of their's named Casey.

... in a similar fashion ... they may choose stay together for a period of time b/c it makes sense financially, emotionally, and it makes sense for career aspirations ...

and b/c they actually understand each other better than anyone else in the world.

Although it's none of our/my business, I'm actually glad to know that through this trial they have had each other to lean on.

That says quite a bit for the importance and the future of a relationship ... if you ask me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho
Back