Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this Sportsman's club for hunting?

Although I'm not familiar with this particular sportsman club, I'm from Wisconsin and we have one in my hometown. This one is basically a building out in the country where members have meetings and they also have a trap league where they shoot clay pigeons. The building is very nice with a fireplace, bar and kitchen facilities. Members can go out there and sight in their guns, which is a big reason it's out in the country which is for safety purposes.

Well, I think I found an image of the place but I'm not sure that it necessarily helps much. Go here http://gis.peoriacounty.org/website/external/ & look up the address. It shows you an overhead image. I wasn't able to search by property owner name so if the media got the address right you should be able to get an idea of the area.

Says there was a sale on this property on May 16, 2008. So, this owner may not have owned the property at the time of Stacy's murder. IMO

***ETA: I think this may be the property next door. On the GIS website, if you type in the parcel address that was given by the media, a smaller parcel comes up that was sold in May 2008. I'm thinking it is actually the parcel next door to the East. It is much larger and has several buildings way back off the road.

Not sure what parcel is the correct one.

It's on Headline News right now. The coroner in Peoria confirms the search.

Is there a link to the presser? has it already happened?

The parcel that comes up on the GIS search of the address given does not look large enough to be the club IMO. Wonder if it's the property next door with all the buildings on it way back off the road.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/blog/

This has info of who owns the property.

snip

David Alwan confirmed he owns and lives on the 150-acre farm where investigators are digging.
He said about 10 to 20 federal, state and Will County investigators met with him Friday at his farm, where horses roam and soybeans and alfalfa grow.
"They had pretty solid leads with specific coordinates," Alwan said.
He would not elaborate, saying police have asked him not release many details.
Alwan also would not say if he's ever noticed digging on his land before, but added that investigators are unearthing soil near Kickapoo Creek.

It sounds like the rain may have really hampered the search..........

Knowing that part of the original TMZ report were in error, it's possible that other parts of the report weren't factual either.

The TMZ article stated that the person who led LE to the site, led them to the EXACT spot where Stacy is buried in a metal barrel, and that LE used a prod and that prod was stopped by some object buried beneath the ground. It was also stated that dogs also went to that same spot.

If that were accurate, digging in the one specific spot should have yielded something by now. I suspect that the person led LE to an area, rather than an EXACT spot, and dogs also hit on that same area. LE may have to search an area of..........just throwing this out as speculation........maybe an acre or a half acre in size.

It's been two and a half years since Stacy disappeared. If the source of the information is an accessory to the disposal of Stacy's remains, he might recognize certain land features, but not be absolutely accurate on the exact spot. Stacy disappeared on October 28, 2007, and at that time the trees were nearly bare of leaves. This is June and the trees now have new green leaves. It's things like this that can throw one's memory off.

Knowing that part of the original TMZ report were in error, it's possible that other parts of the report weren't factual either.

The TMZ article stated that the person who led LE to the site, led them to the EXACT spot where Stacy is buried in a metal barrel, and that LE used a prod and that prod was stopped by some object buried beneath the ground. It was also stated that dogs also went to that same spot.

The owner of the prop. was quoted

Maybe he is the one that did the article with TMZ and gave them the info they have??

I'm having a lot of trouble believing that anything that DP "told to a fellow inmate" isn't simply another one of his twisted games to jerk LE and the media around. I hope that they do find her this time,a nd he finally goes down for all of his crimes. But I can't see him just slipping to an inmate. I can't escape the feeling that anything that he says around others is always deliberate and for his own twisted amusement. A power game that says "I can still jerk you all around even from jail".

another source confirming TMZ's inmate tip and even stating the inmate was brought to the site on Friday at 10am. That is specific info. Could Drew possibly have gotten that stupid as to reveal the site? Idk

The initial story where he supposedly told an inmate about an accomplice, and the accomplice leading LE to the site has some hope for being true. Sadly as I indicated above, if it is the same inmate who is leading LE to the site based on what Drew told him, then everyone is possibly just falling for another of DP's twisted psychotic games. if the guide isn't someone with direct knowlege of the site it is sadly probably just another mind game.

Two and a half hour drive to the search area from Bolingbrook.

The owner of the prop. was quoted

Maybe he is the one that did the article with TMZ and gave them the info they have??

Good point! :)

OMG! Grange Hall Rd is literally 5 mins from me!!!!!!!

This is beyond freaky.

I'm tempted to drive there and check out what is really going on!

OMG! Grange Hall Rd is literally 5 mins from me!!!!!!!

This is beyond freaky.

I'm tempted to drive there and check out what is really going on!

Holy Cow - talk about in your backyard!! So you know where the Sportsman Club is?? Get out and about in town today and bring us back the juicy stuff that isn't being reported :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV