Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to add: The TV reporter from Chicago 7 and the camera guy thought the van that pulled away quickly was a coroner vehicle ... but I couldn't read anything on it.

Wanted to add: The TV reporter from Chicago 7 and the camera guy thought the van that pulled away quickly was a coroner vehicle ... but I couldn't read anything on it.

Thank you very much for this reporting. I hope the tornado damage was not bad. we have them here also.

I had just read on the Chicago Tribune site that Peoria had a tornado tonight and came right here to see what you had to say, INtN! Exciting day for you, in a kind of morbid way. I'm a severe weather fanatic, so I'm actually a tad jealous.

I had just read on the Chicago Tribune site that Peoria had a tornado tonight and came right here to see what you had to say, INtN! Exciting day for you, in a kind of morbid way. I'm a severe weather fanatic, so I'm actually a tad jealous.

Well, it was a bit surreal to be able to go to the scene! (I follow Caylee's case quite closely) It was even weirder to be covering in the corner of a dept store while the tornados passed!

I hope the weather didn't disrupt any evidence at the location!!!!

I also found it odd that there was only 1 news truck/reporter and only about 6 people standing there watching.

We have tornado watch alerts for tomorrow in addition to the ones today. Interesting, I always thought they were isolated to Kansas...as least as a little girl. They are NOT common in CT. Interesting to see that just today, peeps have reported watches, warnings or an actual event in IL, SC and my very own CT. Sorry for the off topic. Makes me feel closer to all of you in a strange way.

Thank you very much for this reporting. I hope the tornado damage was not bad. we have them here also.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back on here!

My friend and I were on our way out to dinner and decided to drive by the property. Several police cars were at the end of the drive blocking it's entrance. You could not see any activity or how many cars/police were on the scene due to the woods and rolling hills. (you definitely couldn't see the blue tent from the road)

My friend and I drove a bit farther down from the driveway entrance they were blocking and parked next to a TV truck from Chicago 7. We befriended the camera guy and he said he really thought something was found by what they were hearing and how the LE were acting.

I asked where all the other news media crews were (no local media was there ... and only this one station out of Chicago). He said they were holding a press conference across town that was about to start at any moment.

After waiting around for a while (and listening to some funny stories about Geraldo and DP while staking out his house), a trailor carrying an excavator came down the driveway from the scene and drove away.

A few mins after that, 6-7 unmarked, marked, and what looked to be a CSI type van came driving down the driveway quite rapidly and took off into town. The helicopter from above followed them.

The news reporter and camera guy strongly felt they had found something and had distracted the media and observers with the press conference which was being held quite a distance away. They did a live broadcast for the 6pm news while we watched. (The Chicago Tribune interviewed us, too, while were waiting...maybe that will be in the paper tomorrrow?)

I'm on the fence as to whether or not they were creating a distraction or if they were really wrapping up for the day.

Of course, then, a horrible tornado came right through our area (and the actual location they were searching) so it's been a bit of a wild night!

A lot of people we talked to seem to think there is some connection with the gun/sportmen club on the property and DP.

Awesome reporting INTN!!! Thank u!:dance:

Well, it was a bit surreal to be able to go to the scene! (I follow Caylee's case quite closely) It was even weirder to be covering in the corner of a dept store while the tornados passed!

I hope the weather didn't disrupt any evidence at the location!!!!

I also found it odd that there was only 1 news truck/reporter and only about 6 people standing there watching.

I hope the site is sound as well. Glad you are okay. In a store during a tornado is kind of scary. I've done that.

Tricia, best I can give you is that LE has now admitted that the credible tip did NOT come from within the jail, but they are still considering it a credible tip....They had an anthropologist on site today who was hand digging a 10 x 10 area but did not locate anything, The search is not going on tomorrow but LE said they may be back out Monday and that the search could take up to a week, From some of the photos of the site today, it did look like they are using some sort of radar to check the ground...

And DP and JB are saying that this is all BS that she ran off with another man and that this is just another useless search..

If I missed anything can someone else fill in the blanks..

Hope you get to feeling better soon Tricia

I think I'd add that the property owner (who it seems was NOT the one from when Stacy went missing) stated that they had very specific coordinates they came wanting to search at. Which I would think would indicate that some very specific conversation/lead/tip/whatever led them to be there.

Also, locals have said that the location is near the edge of a river (stream?) and that it's very muddy with the rain, and that it may be that they're not only waiting on specialized equipment, as they said, but also waiting for the mud and water to dissipate so nothing that may be potential evidence is impacted due to elements.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back on here!

My friend and I were on our way out to dinner and decided to drive by the property. Several police cars were at the end of the drive blocking it's entrance. You could not see any activity or how many cars/police were on the scene due to the woods and rolling hills. (you definitely couldn't see the blue tent from the road)

My friend and I drove a bit farther down from the driveway entrance they were blocking and parked next to a TV truck from Chicago 7. We befriended the camera guy and he said he really thought something was found by what they were hearing and how the LE were acting.

I asked where all the other news media crews were (no local media was there ... and only this one station out of Chicago). He said they were holding a press conference across town that was about to start at any moment.

After waiting around for a while (and listening to some funny stories about Geraldo and DP while staking out his house), a trailor carrying an excavator came down the driveway from the scene and drove away.

A few mins after that, 6-7 unmarked, marked, and what looked to be a CSI type van came driving down the driveway quite rapidly and took off into town. The helicopter from above followed them.

The news reporter and camera guy strongly felt they had found something and had distracted the media and observers with the press conference which was being held quite a distance away. They did a live broadcast for the 6pm news while we watched. (The Chicago Tribune interviewed us, too, while were waiting...maybe that will be in the paper tomorrrow?)

I'm on the fence as to whether or not they were creating a distraction or if they were really wrapping up for the day.

Of course, then, a horrible tornado came right through our area (and the actual location they were searching) so it's been a bit of a wild night!

A lot of people we talked to seem to think there is some connection with the gun/sportmen club on the property and DP.

Thanks It's Not the Nanny for the excellent on-the-scene report!

It certainly does sound like the press conference was a diversionary tactic to move the press out of the area while the search team made their exit.

I have the feeling that LE is not happy that their search became the focus of media attention. If it wasn't for TMZ, the search by LE might have been carried out without the media presence. I have the impression that towards the end of today's search, there was a definite effort to downplay what was happening.

It's very possible that something was found, or the information LE has is solid, but they aren't prepared to go forward with any announcements at this time. There might be more to the lead than we know about, that LE is still investigating and putting together.

I am not even there and I can't watch the local news, but even I think there is 'something' going on there and that having the press conference at the restaurant of the guy who owns the place was definitely a ploy to get the news people away from there. And, maybe he will keep them there with possibly dinner and drinks.

Accomplice? Snitch from jail? Other person who knows what went down?

Anybody heard from Thomas Morphey lately? Hmmmmm?

WOW Everyone! Thank you! I say this all the time and it is the solid truth:

The members of Websleuths are amazing people.​

INTN, thank you for your on the spot reporting. It really makes a difference.

Kimmer and Travelingbug thank you so much. What you posted is exactly what I need.

Keep your chins up and your fingers on your keyboard. A break may come at anytime.

Thanks again,
Tricia

WOW Everyone! Thank you! I say this all the time and it is the solid truth:

The members of Websleuths are amazing people.​

INTN, thank you for your on the spot reporting. It really makes a difference.

Kimmer and Travelingbug thank you so much. What you posted is exactly what I need.

Keep your chins up and your fingers on your keyboard. A break may come at anytime.

Thanks again,
Tricia

Tricia.................I hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

I haven't read through the whole thread but most of it... forgive me if this has already been asked. I am a bit skeptical though. If this is someone connected to the case, or an accomplice that possibly helped bury the body, why would they come forward now after 3 years?

On the flip side, I do hope that Stacy's family can finally get some closure. This must be agonizing for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela