Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This mornings newspaper article in the Bolingbrook Sun states they have ended the search for Stacy's body at this location.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/...urces-search-for-Stacys-body-jo060510.article

Sort of:
(snipped from that link from June 6)

"We've exhausted the digging portion (of the search) with the anthropologist," said Master Sgt. Tom Burek, a spokesman for the state police.
A detail of troopers was staying behind to guard the site, Burek said, and detectives were expected to return at an undisclosed date to check out the mysterious "lead" that brought them to Peoria in the first place.
"We are pursuing some other avenues in reference to this lead and we will be back in this area," Burek said.

And from that link, yet another spelling:

Big Hallow Sportsman's

eta
Later spelled as Hollow. :)

In the FWIW department, there is a trucking company near there too.

At 72** West Grange Hall Road. Just since there was the reported incident of Drew asking a trucker to haul something for him ...

Peliman, Alwan does not own the property known as "Big Hollow." He owns the property adjacent to that. The M's currently own the Big Hollow property, having bought it from the S's.

See links provided in:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

Thats what I thought, thank u for clearing that up! While I live fairly close (15-20 min) I am not familliar with the area. I think that since they arent going to be there today I may take a drive up just so I can get to know that area and can maybe be of more help. Will take pics if I do.

Ended the digging portion? What other portion is there to finding out if anything is in the ground? What is with the play on words here? I think they know they have been tricked and don't want to admit it...

Peliman, Alwan does not own the property known as "Big Hollow." He owns the property adjacent to that. The M's currently own the Big Hollow property, having bought it from the S's.

See links provided in:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

Thanks Noway, I've got closer photos and the one I provided probably contains the search location as it's expanded. I think it's worth noting on large properties of say 155 acres. When one is sold 5 acres is all a bank will finance. It would be split at 5 acres primary residence and 150 acres land and put on two deeds and financed separately.

Now I believe I'm very close but don't have a totally exact location.

Ended the digging portion? What other portion is there to finding out if anything is in the ground? What is with the play on words here? I think they know they have been tricked and don't want to admit it...

Yesterday there was an article that said the anthropologist was brought in just to see if the ground had been disturbed in that area.

I don't think they would want to excavate a body in soil that is saturated with water. I assume they will wait for the ground water to go down before really digging.

I have seen it reported that the tip to seach this location may have come from a fellow inmate. If that is the case, I wholeheartedly believe it is not a valid one. MOO is that IF Drew actually mentioned this location to a prisoner, it was to see if the inmate would nark and to watch LE running around pursuing this "lead".

Drew Peterson is a former cop, he of all people is very familiar with LE tactics, including talking to cellies, etc. MOO - That man would never in a trillion years tell anything incriminating to another soul, let alone some dude laying in a bunk next him who could use it against him or for personal gain. PERIOD

ETA I also believe Drew is enjoying all the hubbub and renewed media coverage around this search. This man is sick and thouroughly enjoys his time in the spotlight. He is also a narcissist and thinks he is the puppet master, pulling all the strings behind the scene.

I'm with you, tl, as much as I would like Stacey to be found, I am not buying this. I hope I am wrong.

I think if this search area does turn out to be correct, it will be due to the accomplice giving info to police and nothing at all coming from DP...that seems wildly unlikely to me.

Agreed cluciano-DP is a lot of things, but a jailhouse confession? Only if he wanted to tickle the police because he was feeling nasty.

I think it is interesting that the search was leaked via TMZ-that is pretty unconventional to say the least.

If I knew where this tip came from I would know whether to give it "weight" or not.

EXAMPLE

Prisoner/cellie (most likely tipster) = 00lbs

Close friend/associate (possible tipster) = 50lbs

Accomplice (unlikely tiptser) = 75lbs

Drew Peterson (least likely tiptser and least believable) = 00lbs

I have seen it reported that the tip to seach this location may have come from a fellow inmate. If that is the case, I wholeheartedly believe it is not a valid one. MOO is that IF Drew actually mentioned this location to a prisoner, it was to see if the inmate would nark and to watch LE running around pursuing this "lead".

Drew Peterson is a former cop, he of all people is very familiar with LE tactics, including talking to cellies, etc. MOO - That man would never in a trillion years tell anything incriminating to another soul, let alone some dude laying in a bunk next him who could use it against him or for personal gain. PERIOD

ETA I also believe Drew is enjoying all the hubbub and renewed media coverage around this search. This man is sick and thouroughly enjoys his time in the spotlight. He is also a narcissist and thinks he is the puppet master, pulling all the strings behind the scene.

This is my feeling on it. I think it is at best just DP yanking LE around.

Particularly telling is the simple fact that LE has pretty much left the site after its location was publicly disclosed. Whether they were opting to dig later after it dried out, they would not abandon control of the site or risk any chain of evidence questions if they actually thought there was anything there. Even if they could not dig, they would be mapping and documenting every tool mark on every tree for 100 yards. They would be doing ground search grids. This looks more like they heard a story and went to the site to see if it checked out. They did not find anything that clearly corroborated the story so they will continue to check it out via human information, bot digging.

I could not agree more with you tlcox on every.single.thing you said.

I can't disagree with things said because I believe it too. BUT: Cadaver dog hits were reported, I'd like to see another dog search and explanation of the dog hit.

I'm not sure of the validity of the reported cadaver dog hits. I've seen it reported as Cassandra said.

I still want to know what's up with dog hits. If true, what did they hit on? A tooth?

Yesterday there was an article that said the anthropologist was brought in just to see if the ground had been disturbed in that area.

I don't think they would want to excavate a body in soil that is saturated with water. I assume they will wait for the ground water to go down before really digging.

Also, on the previous page of this thread there was an article that stated LE is waiting on the delivery of some specialized equipment. I know that in archeology they use some sort of equipment, like x-ray, to see what's below the surface of the soil before digging.

If the lead LE is working from is accurate, and Stacy's remains are in a metal container, they may be waiting on some sort of equipment that can detect a metal object buried beneath the ground.

snipped:
Harn told The Associated Press on Monday that he excavated three sites on Saturday identified by cadaver-sniffing dogs.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/stacy-peterson-search-found-opossum-bones-20100607

I truly truly believe that cadaver dogs are trained so that they wouldn't hit on opposum bones, deer bones, raccoon bones, etc.....after all this is a hunting ground area and I would think lots of animals have been in the area..... that's what I don't understand...:smile:

What are we missing here? It just isn't making sense to me :waitasec:

here is an article from today saying that OPOSSUM bones were found but that the anthropoligist (sp?) is advising to come back with other equipment.

WTH?? Cadavar dogs trained to hit on human remains hit on opposum bones? Why am I finding this hard to believe? :waitasec::waitasec:

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/stacy-peterson-search-found-opossum-bones-20100607

ETA: and another one:
http://www.pjstar.com/breaking/x293550795/Expert-Peterson-search-found-only-opossum-bones

Cadaver dogs are trained to hit on human remains, ignoring animal remains. So I don't think they would hit on an opossum.

In the past few days we've seen LE downplaying the search site, while at the same time saying they will continue the search there. I think LE might be trying to discourage media interest in this search. They may want to continue their investigation outside the glare of the media.

Well in that report it says that tip came from a represenative of someone in jail, that sure sounds like a defense attorney who may be trying to get his client to roll on DP to get them out of whatever kind of mess they are in jail for.

I don't think they've dug very far down yet have they? If they just took the top one foot layer or so off the whole 10 ft square area, they are running preliminary tests on that and could very easily find animal bones near the surface. That doesn't mean there isn't something buried deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela