Possible Human Remains Found and DNA Testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slightly confused... If they haven't found all of her remains why are they calling the search off? How do they know there isn't more of this poor girl out there?

So heartbreaking :(

I wondered the same thing...the answers I can come up with are the worst. :(

GB LE as they deal w/ what they know now.

I'm slightly confused... If they haven't found all of her remains why are they calling the search off? How do they know there isn't more of this poor girl out there?

BBM I am dreading the answer to that question.

I just can't find words for how I feel right now. It isn't often in life that you feel such complete devastation and heart break at the same time you feel disgust and hatred. I know I have hugged my 10 year old more than usual, and I will never, ever, ever forget Zahra. I hope to dance with her in Heaven someday.

BBM:

((Oh, Reannan!)) And Zahra will have two good legs in Heaven to dance with you! There will be no limitations there or disabilities.

I have terribly mixed emotions also. I am furious and also so sad I can hardly bear it.

They might've found everything. Who knows yet. And given the distances they scattered her - It might be impossible.

Please visit Zahra's memorial thread in the members only section:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118371"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please remember to update the media and timeline threads as official news comes out.

Search For Zahra Called Off After 'Significant' Find
CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. -- Hickory police said Thursday evening the evidence they found in the Zahra Baker case is so significant, they're calling off the search for the missing 10-year-old girl.

Channel 9 Eyewitness News learned from sources that investigators found human remains on Wednesday when they searched in and near Gunpowder Creek off Dudley Shoals Road in Caldwell County.

Deputy Chief Clyde Deal wouldn't comment on what was found but said he will not send additional search teams to the area in the future.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25758518/detail.html

It sure is. :(

I am thinking perhaps they found enough or they think they have found all that they can.
They have spent over a month looking for this little angel and were determined to find her, so she could be laid to rest with love and respect. Their dedication and long hours that they have put in has been inspiring and I am sure heartbreaking for them.

To have any part of her to lay to rest, I am sure will be a comfort for her mom and her other relatives.

This is the moment I've been dreading. At the same time I'm relieved that justice will soon be here for the people who did this foul deed.

Rest in peace, sweet Zahra...

t1larg.2.jpg

This is so sad, we all knew that this was coming but it is still so hard to understand how things like this can happen.

Bless you Dear Zahra Clare!

I'm praying that they found her whole, curled up in a fetal position. I'm so hoping because the thought of Bio Mum not being able to dress that princess in the dress she deserves is heartbreaking to think otherwise.

I'm praying that they found her whole, curled up in a fetal position. I'm so hoping because the thought of Bio Mum not being able to dress that princess in the dress she deserves is heartbreaking to think otherwise.

BBM

I WISH that with all my heart. I just don't believe it is so...

:grouphug:

Darling child.
My heart is broken.
But finding you helps to mend it just a bit.
Thank you for sharing your spirit with us.
May we all someday hear your joyful laughter.
Until then...

They went to his apartment?? I am thinking they've found her skull. So sad, how could they. I think I'm glad Emily is here, I hope at least she can help with LE looking into Adam's psychology and background.

My heart BLEEDS if that is the case...but I suspected it yesterday (or was it the day before?) when they said "an item" was recovered.
BLESS LE and pray for Zahra...a shooting star!xxoo

I think we all knew a couple of weeks ago that this little girl wasnt alive.....

Poor little thing, wow so much to go through in such a short time........If there is such a thing as reincarnation, I truly hope she comes back as a pampered princess, greatly loved and admired as she sure does deserve it....

The other day I read a report that the police were wading through a creek filled with animal carcasses........my total admiration and thoughts to the police force.....

I have mentioned before that I come from a police family and my father is actually writing a book about what he saw as a country cop here in australia........things that the majority of us would never never see..........so I take my hat off to the police who have to look for and see the horror...and it is horror.......and then go home to their families and try and forget about it all....they never do..

The assumption (I think) is that they've found the skull and most of the body, and that gives them enough evidence to identify her.

The rest may never be found considering the temperatures, wild animals, location, rain, etc.

As sad as this is, at least now they can charge someone with a crime. At least she was found and isn't lost anymore. There are so many missing child cases with no conclusion and no arrest, so this is really a blessing.

And good work on the part of this police department! :woohoo:

My prayer is that they find she passed quickly. Perhaps in her sleep, perhaps from a sudden heart failure due to being ill... I don't know. I know it's unlikely, but I still pray for it.

I know now that she is in the place Jesus had prepared for her. A place of beauty and peace and the glorious sound of angels singing. It lifts the heavyness from my heart some to think of it.

The judgment that will fall upon her murderer(s) here on Earth cannot compare to what will fall upon them after their earthly lives are over.

Enjoy Heaven Zahra!

My prayer is that they find she passed quickly. Perhaps in her sleep, perhaps from a sudden heart failure due to being ill... I don't know. I know it's unlikely, but I still pray for it.

I know now that she is in the place Jesus had prepared for her. A place of beauty and peace and the glorious sound of angels singing. It lifts the heavyness from my heart some to think of it.

The judgment that will fall upon her murderer(s) here on Earth cannot compare to what will fall upon them after their earthly lives are over.

Enjoy Heaven Zahra!

I wish that I could be as hopeful as you are. Some people feel grateful that she is in heaven.

I would be more grateful to help her heal here on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87