Possible Matches for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Doogie said:
SherlockJr has been applying her ample geneaology skills at uncovering the family tree of this new woman who looks so much like Anna. She has discovered that the woman has four "full-siblings" and additional younger "half-siblings". Remembering that the woman says that she does not resemble anyone in her family, this is still problematic. It is a question of what would the motivation be for a couple who has several boys and girls to kidnap another child to call their own? We have been working on the assumption that Anna was taken by a childless couple (or at least a "girl-less" couple) to be raised as their daughter. This family does not fit that assumption. There may be additional unknown motives, but they are not obvious at this point.
Doogie, it's also possible that IF this is Anna, the "parents" who raised her may not be the original couple (or individual) who kidnapped her. I can see a situation where kidnapper(s) might turn over custody to someone else, especially if they thought they were in danger of being caught.

I haven't posted in a while, but I do check in daily to read. Anna's case is the one closest to my heart, here on Websleuths and I certainly hope that this is the big break. If not, we all stay strong and march on. God Bless everyone here who actively and tirelessly sleuth for Anna (Annasmom, Doogie, Sherlock and anyone else who deserves special mention.) I'm amazed at the resourcefulness and skill of the people on this board. I'm somewhat lacking in both, so I'm restricted to cheerleader status, I guess!

Annasbro said:
One thing we can't discount in all of this is the criminal element. Whoever abducted Anna has commited a felony. Even though it was a long time ago -is there a statute of limitations? - as we get closer to any potential candidate, the people associated with the crime might still be in the picture somehow. I wouldn't speculate in this particular case about our tipster, but there could be any number or reasons she is getting cold feet including threats from someone who was involved with the crime not wanting her to reveal their identity.
Speaking about the life of crime... the tipster from the newspaper article who contacted Dr Doogie believes when she was visited by a Bill and Anna, were there to rob the house. Could Bill taken this child with him during his robberies to keep anyone that was there occupied with the child while he searched the house? The robberies in the area soon stopped about the time the tipster was visited. They could have left the area and continued these crimes in other cities or states.
Could they have been caught? The child would be a ward of the state and not know her identity. Or without being caught early, continue robbing for years and then get busted at an age where she would have to spend time.

something sounds fishy about this person that wont give us direct contact with the look alike.it sounds like she is starting to play a game and i think le should get involved if it does turn out that their is a 98% chance that she could be anna. just my opinons. i got taken for a ride when a man posting at a website was claming to be a missing child but fellow sleuthers were able to uncover his lies and he was also being watch by le

smile22 said:
something sounds fishy about this person that wont give us direct contact with the look alike.it sounds like she is starting to play a game and i think le should get involved if it does turn out that their is a 98% chance that she could be anna. just my opinons. i got taken for a ride when a man posting at a website was claming to be a missing child but fellow sleuthers were able to uncover his lies and he was also being watch by le
I can't believe I'm even saying this but I hope the contact person isn't Delia :eek:

We are a long way from 98% sure that this woman is Anna. More like 98% undecided.

I would caution everyone when they post here: the intermediary person does visit this website as an unregistered guest and her co-operation is crucial. Please be aware of that when posting. :)

Shadow205 said:
I can't believe I'm even saying this but I hope the contact person isn't Delia :eek:
LOL - the thought entered my mind, but this is a long distance away from BFE, Texas or wherever it was that she lived. :D

It is sobering to think about folks out there that have some kind of hidden agenda. I find encouragement though in all of the sleuths who work so hard to find the truth. I believe people are for the most part good. We just all need to proceed through life optimistcally, confidently, and deliberately but consciously knowing there is another small but potent negative element out there.

However, someone in one state could purchase a vehicle from another state (that does have the right coloring) and used the old plates until a new set arrived.__________________
Or the license plates could have been stolen from another car. I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the plates.

Shadow205, we think too much alike.

Annasbro said:
One thing we can't discount in all of this is the criminal element. Whoever abducted Anna has commited a felony. Even though it was a long time ago -is there a statute of limitations? - as we get closer to any potential candidate, the people associated with the crime might still be in the picture somehow. I wouldn't speculate in this particular case about our tipster, but there could be any number or reasons she is getting cold feet including threats from someone who was involved with the crime not wanting her to reveal their identity.
Annasbro, I just read an article about a kidnapping in Vallejo, CA where a baby was abducted, his mother shot and set on fire and the abductor, a teen girl, raised the boy as her own for 6 yrs.

Here is the part of the article that addresses the statute of limitations:

In the other defense challenge, Pendergast argues that the statute of limitations has run out for trying Brown on charges of kidnapping and arson of an inhabited dwelling. He said the statute of limitations for both crimes is six years, measured from the date the crime was committed to the commencement of prosecution. Given that Boyden was killed May 17, 1996, prosecutors would have needed to file charges by May 17 of last year.

In her response, Stashyn concedes that the statute of limitations has run out on the arson charge, but not on the kidnapping charge, which was an ongoing crime, starting from the day Le-Zhan was taken from his mother to this past December, when he was found by police. Stashyn said it's up to the court whether to dismiss the arson charges at Friday's hearing.

SherlockJr said:
Speaking about the life of crime... the tipster from the newspaper article who contacted Dr Doogie believes when she was visited by a Bill and Anna, were there to rob the house. Could Bill taken this child with him during his robberies to keep anyone that was there occupied with the child while he searched the house? The robberies in the area soon stopped about the time the tipster was visited. They could have left the area and continued these crimes in other cities or states.
Could they have been caught? The child would be a ward of the state and not know her identity. Or without being caught early, continue robbing for years and then get busted at an age where she would have to spend time.
SherlockJr, can you ask her what changed her mind to this theory? Did she remember more details? I thought she believed it was a tenant of one of her father's properties that came to pay rent. He would be pretty silly to rob his landlord knowing he could be identified.

itsreenw said:
SherlockJr, can you ask her what changed her mind to this theory? Did she remember more details? I thought she believed it was a tenant of one of her father's properties that came to pay rent. He would be pretty silly to rob his landlord knowing he could be identified.
The tipster originally stated that she thought that "Bill" knew her father and may have been a tenant. She later modified that statment to he knew her father and she didn't know if he was tenant. It is not necessarily a contradiction, just a different way of stating the same thing: he may have been a tenant, but she doesn't know for sure.

I believe that Bill may have been surprised that a high-school-aged girl was home on a school day. The tipster was sick and bedridden at the time of Bill and Anna's "visit".

Annasbro said:
It is sobering to think about folks out there that have some kind of hidden agenda. I find encouragement though in all of the sleuths who work so hard to find the truth. I believe people are for the most part good. We just all need to proceed through life optimistcally, confidently, and deliberately but consciously knowing there is another small but potent negative element out there.
Well said, Annasbro. It is obvious who raised you! I think all of us try to believe what you have stated so well.

Whomever came up with the myspace idea is a genius by my standards.

I suggested doing a myspace for the Greys Harbor WA John Doe (gave you folks the credit for the idea) and my pet case of the Carbon County Pa Jane Doe may benefit as well.

Sorry for sidetracking this thread somewhat. Just wanted to give some "attaboys" to you folks. :woohoo: :clap: :dance:

Dr. Doogie said:
We are a long way from 98% sure that this woman is Anna. More like 98% undecided.

I received a phone call from the intermediary person yesterday. She personally went to the public library and found a birth announcement in their local newspaper from 1967 for the Anna look-alike. The newspaper there or back then did not print the name of the child, only the name of the father or parents. She was told some time ago her fathers first name. The newspaper showed his first name along with a last name that has shown up in the look-alike and her siblings searches.

So we have confirmed that a person with the same name as the father had a baby girl at the time the look-alike was born.
We have a very slim chance that this woman is Anna. We may still consider a DNA on this person since the pros have heavily outweighed the cons. I have offered to find her father for her, but again this went through the intermediary person and I have not heard back from her on this.

The discovery of the birth announcement does make it unlikely that this person is Anna. I suppose a possible scenario is that the original child died, maybe around the age of 4 or 5, and the grief stricken parents, who just happened to be vacationing in San Mateo County, spotted Anna and decided to take her as a replacement. Pretty unlikely though :waitasec:

Gina_M said:
The discovery of the birth announcement does make it unlikely that this person is Anna. I suppose a possible scenario is that the original child died, maybe around the age of 4 or 5, and the grief stricken parents, who just happened to be vacationing in San Mateo County, spotted Anna and decided to take her as a replacement. Pretty unlikely though :waitasec:
Actually, I believe SherlockJr. has found quite a lot of duplication of this family's not-too-unusual name both in the area the announcement appeared and elsewhere. The announcement is not really an official document, only a listing in a newspaper public records column which does not include the mother's name, hospital, specific date of birth, etc.

was the birth announcement for the same day as anna was born? and what year was it put in the paper that year or was put in another year?

smile22 said:
was the birth announcement for the same day as anna was born? and what year was it put in the paper that year or was put in another year?
The Anna look-alike was born in Feb 1967. The birth announcement was placed in the February 11, 1967 issue.

Dr. Doogie said:
The tipster originally stated that she thought that "Bill" knew her father and may have been a tenant. She later modified that statment to he knew her father and she didn't know if he was tenant. It is not necessarily a contradiction, just a different way of stating the same thing: he may have been a tenant, but she doesn't know for sure.

I believe that Bill may have been surprised that a high-school-aged girl was home on a school day. The tipster was sick and bedridden at the time of Bill and Anna's "visit".
Hmmm...now that I understand the scenario better that does leave some questions. If it was a school day, the little girl should have been in school too. If he was there to pay the rent, the tipster, being a teen would've been old enough to accept the rent payment.

So she is almost 100% sure that the man knew her dad?? I wonder if she has any old photo albums. I know my parents had pics of daddy and his fishing buddies and friends from the military, etc... I wonder if she dusted the photo albums off if she might see this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay