Possible Matches for Anna - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SherlockJr said:
It is now confirmed that SweetLife is not our Anna. How very disappointing again.

Sherlock, I hope you don't let this negative reaction spoil what is, in fact, an excellent and creative idea and strategy. In another context her reaction would be downright funny, expecting privacy while voluntarily posting loads of personal information in a medium freely accessible by literally hundreds of millions of people. Maybe she'll incorporate her experience into her lesson plans.

In thirty years as a journalist I've done my fair share of invading other people's privacy, and had to decide for myself where the line was. In those 30 years I never did anything I couldn't live with or defend. It looks like you did everything correct here, and I'm glad you did what you did!

Annasunc said:
Sherlock, I hope you don't let this negative reaction spoil what is, in fact, an excellent and creative idea and strategy. In another context her reaction would be downright funny, expecting privacy while voluntarily posting loads of personal information in a medium freely accessible by literally hundreds of millions of people. Maybe she'll incorporate her experience into her lesson plans.

In thirty years as a journalist I've done my fair share of invading other people's privacy, and had to decide for myself where the line was. In those 30 years I never did anything I couldn't live with or defend. It looks like you did everything correct here, and I'm glad you did what you did!
Thanks for the words of encouragement Annasunc! It blows me away when I see all the homeschooling moms (especially with 5 children) having time in their busy days to write so much in a journal. And besides, she said she wrote it for family and friends to read. Are we not her friends? If she ever needed anything, there's not one person here who would not help her out. I, for one would help her.

SherlockJr said:
Thanks for the words of encouragement Annasunc! It blows me away when I see all the homeschooling moms (especially with 5 children) having time in their busy days to write so much in a journal. And besides, she said she wrote it for family and friends to read. Are we not her friends? If she ever needed anything, there's not one person here who would not help her out. I, for one would help her.
If I give personal information to my doctor or accountant, I expect it to stay confidential. If I put pages from my diary on a supermarket or church bulletin board, I don't. The Internet is like a public bulletin board half a billion people walk by. You did a kindness by making her realize that, and I think on reflection she might realize how lucky she was that such a benign source brought it to her attention. :)

I am sorry to read that the owner of the blog that we thought might have been Anna was upset by the inquiry. However, I am more upset about a little girl who has been missing for over 30 years. Looking for Anna in the public arena is not only appropriate, but esseential if we are ever going to find her. I hope this experiecne will not detur anyone from knocking on any public doors that may leed to Anna.

mjak

GraceBlue said:
Thank you for telling me a bit about Anna! It sounds like she'd be an interesting person to get to know! The reason I ask is because as we look for her, I just had to ask about her, what she was like. Also, if Anna ever googles something from her childhood, what you wrote could pop up like her favorite book, the cat, the song. I find myself googling old books and toys that I remember and I loved as a child. Never know!
I totally agree...I am always googling stuff from my childhood - places my parents used to take me, TV shows I liked to watch, etc. (I am also in my thirties, a bit younger than Anna...I wonder if it is common to get nostalgic about one's childhood at this age?) Even if Anna only remembers one or two things from early childhood, such as the song "Here Comes the Sun", it's possible she could google it and be connected to this board, and then have something else jog more memories. Great idea! :)

its the little stuff i wonder if that womens child was missing would she do everything in her power to find the child? yes? some people just dont always understand what we do here at ws. there was a song on the radio the other day and i totaly cant remember the words to it. its a song i remember from my childhood. it felt good to hear it on the radio. maybe if we set up a blog or something with annas memories and then if she ever googled any of them that website would pop up?

Annasmom said:
Yep, we're all bigfeet. Anna's older brother is a marathon runner, and the perfume allergy runs in the family.
:laugh: I admire your restraint in not saying "big feet run in the family." :doh:
... or "noses run in the family" ... :doh: :doh:

Dr. Doogie said:
The first is named Clarissa. Her listed birthday is one day off from Anna's. She has numerous memories that align with Anna's history, but enough is different to conclude that she is not Anna. Today, I received some pictures of her at around six years old and they seem to show too many differences when compared to Anna's pictures at five. I have forwarded them to Annasmom for her opinion, but am not optimistic for a match. Clarissa is a very nice lady who has been raised by a loving adopted family, but she is not Anna.
I received an email today from Clarissa that with some information that we had passed on to her and with the help of adoption "search angels" that we directed her to, she was able to locate her brother and be reunited with her family. Thank you, SherlockJr, for discovering this potential match for Anna and creating the scenario that has allowed her to "return home". Great job, everyone!

Annasunc said:
:laugh: I admire your restraint in not saying "big feet run in the family." :doh:
... or "noses run in the family" ... :doh: :doh:
Why didn't I think of that?

Annasmom I dont know if this has already been covered but I was thinking about the day Anna dissappeared. You said a friend of yours stopped by to say hello to some horses when two men in a van drove by (an older and a younger man.) Has that friend seen a picture of GW and GB? If these two men indeed were GW and GB maybe your friend would recognize them if you are still in touch with this friend?

I found this one somewhat interesting to read. Vacationing in Athens Greece???

Written by a Adoptee: (Mar 2003)

I was about 13 when I was reading through some papers in the livingroom draw. I don't know why maybe I was just bored. Anyway I came across some papers that sais an adoption would be final when the family returned from a family vaction in Athen, Greece. Whatever I thought as I stuffed the paper back in the draw. It's just about my sister (We knew she was adopted.) The I thought for a second it was my name on the paper. I thought I was going crazy. I took the paper out again and sure enough. I was the one whose adoption was going to be final. I cried and thought about why they all lied to me but told the other children they were adopted. I was simply told that they tried to tell me when I was like two or three and I was crying and saying no. So they never told me again. But that is not the end of the lies. When I got older around 25 I asked my A/M if she knew who my mother was. She lied and said yes she was an older woman very tall and she had other children. Her husband did not want any more children So I was given up for adoption. Well at 35 i got my Non-identfying information and it says that my mom was 16 or 17 and her mother would not let her bring me home. So i was put up for adoption. My A/mother died in 1997 of lung cancer so i cannot ask her why she lied. All i can hope for is that was the last of them. For now i just look forward to finding whatever biologial family i can.

http://www.findme.org/findme/index.cfm?fuseaction=StoriesSecrets&StartRow=24

SherlockJr said:
I found this one somewhat interesting to read. Vacationing in Athens Greece???

Written by a Adoptee: (Mar 2003)

I was about 13 when I was reading through some papers in the livingroom draw. I don't know why maybe I was just bored. Anyway I came across some papers that sais an adoption would be final when the family returned from a family vaction in Athen, Greece. Whatever I thought as I stuffed the paper back in the draw. It's just about my sister (We knew she was adopted.) The I thought for a second it was my name on the paper. I thought I was going crazy. I took the paper out again and sure enough. I was the one whose adoption was going to be final. I cried and thought about why they all lied to me but told the other children they were adopted. I was simply told that they tried to tell me when I was like two or three and I was crying and saying no. So they never told me again. But that is not the end of the lies. When I got older around 25 I asked my A/M if she knew who my mother was. She lied and said yes she was an older woman very tall and she had other children. Her husband did not want any more children So I was given up for adoption. Well at 35 i got my Non-identfying information and it says that my mom was 16 or 17 and her mother would not let her bring me home. So i was put up for adoption. My A/mother died in 1997 of lung cancer so i cannot ask her why she lied. All i can hope for is that was the last of them. For now i just look forward to finding whatever biologial family i can.

http://www.findme.org/findme/index.cfm?fuseaction=StoriesSecrets&StartRow=24
I wonder if we could find out anything about "the others"--do you suppose they were in the same family? There used to be an odd thing about adoptions out of Greece in that inheritance could revert to the birth families of males, but not females--consequently only female children were usually adopted.

Unbelievable! People did name girls Effie! Her is a birth relative looking for an adoptee. Get this in Bakersfield!

11/22/1968 BR
AD
Effie Susan King (Susie)
Bakersfield, CA

.....I remember rosebushes in the back yard, a swingset for me, and a fig tree beside the stone stairs coming down into the back yard...

Susan Anderton is an adoptee who was searching for her birth family. Several details of her story matched up with Anna. Her listed birthday was within one day of Anna's. Susan's birth father was a doctor and the adoption was arranged by an older man who was a "friend of the family".

SherlockJr (who discovered this possible match) followed up by researching Susan's story. Through hard work and talent, SherlockJr was able to actually locate Susan's mother and has been facilitating a reunion between mother and daughter. Susan is not Anna.

(The adoptee's full name is listed here so that we can be aware that she has been looked at and is not Anna. With multiple researchers covering the same resources, there is always a chance of duplication. Hopefully this information will help prevent our researchers from covering leads that have already been examined.)

Special kudos to SherlockJr for doggedly persuing this lead and helping to reunite Susan with her family. :clap:

Dr. Doogie said:
Susan Anderton is an adoptee who was searching for her birth family. Several details of her story matched up with Anna. Her listed birthday was within one day of Anna's. Susan's birth father was a doctor and the adoption was arranged by an older man who was a "friend of the family".

SherlockJr (who discovered this possible match) followed up by researching Susan's story. Through hard work and talent, SherlockJr was able to actually locate Susan's mother and has been facilitating a reunion between mother and daughter. Susan is not Anna.
I want to believe a pattern is forming here. During the search for Anna, the first adoptee was Gloria. Gloria was lives south of Los Angeles and was reunited with her birthfamily on Mothers Day this year. Next was Susan, her birth mother was found in Morro Bay this past week-end. I seem to be working up the coast of CA and hopefully the next will be Anna. ;)

They say everything happens for a reason. This long search for Anna has done a lot of good for a lot of people - reuniting adoptees with parents, pulling people together to search for her ...

Maybe angels are doing some work before giving up their secrets??

LButler said:
They say everything happens for a reason. This long search for Anna has done a lot of good for a lot of people - reuniting adoptees with parents, pulling people together to search for her ...

Maybe angels are doing some work before giving up their secrets??
I like that thought LButler:)

I love how whilst helping Anna you lot have been able to help other people. This makes my heart just swell with pride for everyone that is on this forum. Everyone truly has a unique gift that they have chosen to share with those who don’t have voices anymore. I think it is a beautiful thing to witness. I don’t often share much to keep the ball going but I just wanted to let everyone know how much I look up to each and every one of you as inspiration as to the goodness still left in the human race.

Kate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member