Possible matches for UID Longview, TX woman

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO.... LLB has the 'borderline' Aboriginal features (much like myself). FLEK's features appear to be non-Native. The Berens family is a well known Aboriginal family who come from the Berens River area. I live just west of Winnipeg and likely share common cousins with LLB. I will ask around.

mydesa2e.jpg

This is the skinny version

This case should be solved pretty easily by uploading her DNA profile to a site like FTDNA.com match or 23andme.com and simply comparing the matches to who JANE Doe/Lori Ruff would match near/close to.

Linda, if you do a search for some posts from her cousin Karen, she has cited her birthdate and some physical information. I would assume that her cousin's information would be most accurate.

Lori Berens' sister is mentioned and there is a photo of her in the following facebook link. I am not a facebook person so I don't know if there is a way to view a larger picture to see if she resembles FLEK. I also don't know how to message a person in facebook. I believe that her sister, Cindy Berens, may have already looked at the FLEK picture and didn't think it was her. But if someone knows how to mention her, it would be worth it if someone could get her to do a DNA test. From the postings I've seen of Lori Berens, it does not appear that they have DNA available at this time. Her sister's DNA may help find Lori if she gets that done. It may also eliminate someone in consideration for FLEK.

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPeopleCanada/posts/396889197083188

This case should be solved pretty easily by uploading her DNA profile to a site like FTDNA.com match or 23andme.com and simply comparing the matches to who JANE Doe/Lori Ruff would match near/close to.

Hi Matthew, I am not positive but I think the SS investigator who is in charge of this case has already done DNA testing. That is the first thing I thought of too when I read about this case. The girls here can give you more info.

I was hoping that I would open up WS and ya'll would have solved the case. Maybe soon:crossfingers:

http://charleyproject.org/cases/s/sykora_elizabeth.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22206/8/
Maybe her? I know the eye color and hair is off, but the resemblance is there and Elizabeth is 5'10.

This was only submitted to Namus last month. Says there is DNA. But did they compare it if she was not entered in Namus at the time they did the comparison for DNA? I don't know how that works and which database they compare to. Does anyone know?

This is a good match on height and similar facial structure. Weird they would wait three months to report her missing.

Since we are looking for a needle in a haystack, I am picking in the hay a little deeper and looking for someone who may have been missing under the radar. I found a Colorado name on a missing list. Other than on that list, I cannot find a single other thing on the web about her. Don't know age or anything else. Just name (Sue Ellen Boyce) date missing or reported missing anyway (August 14' 1988) and missing from Greeley, Colorado. She is on a cold case list for Colorado. Anyone out there in Colorado know anything?

I am going with Colorado because of the "our" by the area code "303" on the notes page.

Here is a missing person with no photo, no info, nothing. Just the very basics.

She is Tracy Loy Haight. Reported missing from Boise, Idaho in 1994. Could this be FLEK or a previous alias of hers?

She was 31, which means that when FLEK was claiming to be 18, she would actually have been 25, which seems to fit in with most people's suspicions.

She is listed as being about 5"6-5"7 which would make her a little on the short side to be FLEK. However, I really don't think we should be too put off by height differences like this, as it is so easy to guess heights wrongly. Plus, in a case like this one where details are so scant, it seems entirely possible that she didn't really have anyone to miss her and the person reporting may not be particularly close to the missing person.

Edit - Here is the Namus page https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14083/27

Here is a missing person with no photo, no info, nothing. Just the very basics.

She is Tracy Loy Haight. Reported missing from Boise, Idaho in 1994. Could this be FLEK or a previous alias of hers?

She was 31, which means that when FLEK was claiming to be 18, she would actually have been 25, which seems to fit in with most people's suspicions.

She is listed as being about 5"6-5"7 which would make her a little on the short side to be FLEK. However, I really don't think we should be too put off by height differences like this, as it is so easy to guess heights wrongly. Plus, in a case like this one where details are so scant, it seems entirely possible that she didn't really have anyone to miss her and the person reporting may not be particularly close to the missing person.

Edit - Here is the Namus page https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14083/27

It really is unlikely, just does not fit with the timeline. FLEK took on a new identity in 1988. If there was ever a missing persons report filed it would most likely have been 1988 or before. And the height difference is important in this case. People will misjudge a 5"6' woman's height by a few inches, but people notice if a woman who is close to 6 foot tall.

It really is unlikely, just does not fit with the timeline. FLEK took on a new identity in 1988. If there was ever a missing persons report filed it would most likely have been 1988 or before. And the height difference is important in this case. People will misjudge a 5"6' woman's height by a few inches, but people notice if a woman who is close to 6 foot tall.

I agree on the height, but I feel that it would be short-sighted of us to rule out PMs after 1988. It would have been very possible for FLEK to use two identities at once. I keep going back to the thought that she must have had something bad to escape from, and it would make sense for someone to begin setting up their new life before making the big break.

I would love to see a photo of Tracy. Its so frustrating when there isn't a photo! She might be the spit of FLEK for all we know! Still, the chink of light is that the NamUs profile states that DNA has been submitted (tests not complete), so hopefully in time this one will rule itself in or out.

Plus, it puts Tracy in the same place that FLEK was in around 1988. If she was running two identities alongside each other, it doesn't seem out of the question....?

I agree on the height, but I feel that it would be short-sighted of us to rule out PMs after 1988. It would have been very possible for FLEK to use two identities at once. I keep going back to the thought that she must have had something bad to escape from, and it would make sense for someone to begin setting up their new life before making the big break.

I would love to see a photo of Tracy. Its so frustrating when there isn't a photo! She might be the spit of FLEK for all we know! Still, the chink of light is that the NamUs profile states that DNA has been submitted (tests not complete), so hopefully in time this one will rule itself in or out.

Plus, it puts Tracy in the same place that FLEK was in around 1988. If she was running two identities alongside each other, it doesn't seem out of the question....?

Sorry, I appreciate your logic, but just don't buy it. It looks like FLEK had firmly established her new identity in Texas in 1988. She made a clean break from her prior life. In Texas in the early 1990's, she got her GED, attended college, started a career. I don't think she was bouncing back and forth between Idaho and Texas. That would take money.

Sorry, I appreciate your logic, but just don't buy it. It looks like FLEK had firmly established her new identity in Texas in 1988. She made a clean break from her prior life. In Texas in the early 1990's, she got her GED, attended college, started a career. I don't think she was bouncing back and forth between Idaho and Texas. That would take money.

Your post has got me thinking about the lack of info in Tracy's profile. Maybe she wasn't bouncing back between the two states. Maybe the person who reported her missing knew she had gone away to college, but then she went missing.

I like this PM, but more info would make for an easy rule out/in. Alas, I have searched and searched and there is none to be found -very mysterious!

I completely agree. Not much is known about what she did between 1988 when she obtained (not necessarily used) the identity and 1990 when she got the passport and then between 1990 and the time she got married. I even think she may have been living in an entirely different State under a different identity. I don't think we can rule any of these possibilities out yet until we have more evidence of what she was doing during that time and whether one single person can even say "Yes, I knew her during that time, worked with her, or whatever".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321
Back