Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think the last few minutes of the call were chopped. There could be bits throughout. But if the call has been sped up, that leaves minutes unaccounted for.

I couldn't heard the bit about a puppy. Could be my ears. But I've seen pictures of the interior of Brewer's house and there was a dog food and water bowl on the kitchen floor.
Shannan pleading "I'll tell them I was lying" makes alot of sense in the context of the scenario I've been molding over the last 6 months that led to her death. But I'm in a bit of a minority and don't see it discussed much aside from my own posts and one other WS member who presented the theory years before I stumbled into it.
I am very interested in the theory you put forth, and believe it to be credible. I’m trying to figure out how Peter Hackett fits into that scenario, or if his involvement with Shannan is a huge coincidence.

So after many years the 911 call has been released to the public. Many of us thought the tape would be a smoking gun, that clearly would explain what happened.
Sadly, I do not think we will ever know any more than we do now about what happened that night.

The SCPD has never appeared to be interested in laying charges and I do not see them changing their attitude.

At one point possibly MP, JB, could have be induced to testify for a plea bargain, but I think now that opportunity has been lost due to the passage of time.

IMHO this is a case that has baffled and concerned many for a long time now. The poor handling of the case and ultimately the discovery of the GB4 and others is distressing. As I have said before, the beauty of WS is that speculation and discussions have provided actual leads on other cases. As emotional as the crimes we on WS follow are, it is beneficial to think analytically first and emotionally less. I personally value reading thoughtful opinions and following cases. Like many cases there are unanswered questions that have been overshadowed by the poor investigation. Let's hope that little by little we will figure out more facts regarding SG and LISK and any connection there may or may not be.

I think that Shannan's death is unrelated to the LISK case. People drawing a connection based on the fact that she died 3 miles away from LISK's closest dump site don't seem to understand that coincidences like this happen all of the time.

"What are the odds?"

Considering it took 14 years for this coincidence to occur, they're probably not that low.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know where PCH, JB and/or MP are living and what they are doing?

Last I heard, PCH was retired in Florida, JB was living somewhere on Long island, managing his investment properties, and MP was living in NYC.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know where PCH, JB and/or MP are living and what they are doing?

Last I heard, PCH was retired in Florida, JB was living somewhere on Long island, managing his investment properties, and MP was living in NYC.
CPH & Mrs. CPH - Fort Meyers, FL with the Point Lookout property in possession of a 2017 trust listed in the Mrs's maiden name w the kids and her listed as residents.
JB - West Islip, NY
MP (aka Mj Pak, Min Jae Pak, Minji H Pak, Mike M Tak - public information legally and freely available to public) - Flushing, Queens, NY. Supposedly.

CPH & Mrs. CPH - Fort Meyers, FL with the Point Lookout property in possession of a 2017 trust listed in the Mrs's maiden name w the kids and her listed as residents.
JB - West Islip, NY
MP (aka Mj Pak, Min Jae Pak, Minji H Pak, Mike M Tak - public information legally and freely available to public) - Flushing, Queens, NY. Supposedly.
I had thought the release of the 911 call was going to be some 'tipping point' in this case. It appears that I am wrong. The three men listed appear to have their lives complete and unhindered.

I had thought the release of the 911 call was going to be some 'tipping point' in this case. It appears that I am wrong. The three men listed appear to have their lives complete and unhindered.
Who are the unknown males voices at Joseph Brewer’s house that are heard on the 911 call?

Who are the unknown males voices at Joseph Brewer’s house that are heard on the 911 call?
If we assume there were other people in the Brewer's house, and that has not been proven, unless Brewer or Pak talk, we will never know.

Now that the 911 call has been released it feels like SCPD is systematically closing down this case. The only thing left is for the court to grant Peter Hackett his summary judgement, and then all of the foul players are off the hook. Maybe they can do book deals and paid interviews. They got away it for sure. What a travesty.

Now that the 911 call has been released it feels like SCPD is systematically closing down this case. The only thing left is for the court to grant Peter Hackett his summary judgement, and then all of the foul players are off the hook. Maybe they can do book deals and paid interviews. They got away it for sure. What a travesty.
Sorry for the multiple quotes, something is wonkie this morning.

I believe it is the District Attorney Raymond A. Tierney decision as to where this investigation goes. When he was campaigning for election he was I believe, quite committed to having this case resolved. Does he still have that passion for justice?

Last edited:
After listening to the call several times and reading the rough transcript, general thoughts are:
  • The party at Brewer's home included multiple males besides himself - all of whom besides Pak & Brewer are unknown
  • Shanann sounded very groggy at the start of the call, almost like she had been drugged or had something slipped in a drink. It was reported she wasn't a heavy drug user but did drink quite a bit so IMO it's highly likely she was consuming alcohol before and during the party and would've been very easy for someone at the house to slip something in her drink
  • Initial conversations in the background between Pak & Brewer sound like the party was either over or winding down and Brewer was basically noticing Shanann was in a stupor and wanted her to leave. Kind of like a "she doesn't have to go home, but she can't stay here" thing
  • Shanann seems at first concerned then deathly afraid of leaving the house and going outside. Something makes her fear leaving with Pak and she got the idea that he was in on a plot to kill her.
  • As far as what caused this fear, speculation abound. It could've been that one of the other males who was (or still is) at the party said something to her and when combined with her consumption of alcohol (and/or other intoxicating agents) and general mental state at the time caused her to freak out and make connections that weren't there - or were. Regardless, she clearly does not want to leave the house in any fashion - and definitely not with Pak. Perhaps she thought that Pak was in on a plot to kill her with another guest and that's where he'd be taking her?
  • Pak and Brewer seem unconcerned that Shanann is on the phone. There is a clear reference several times to them asking her who she is talking to. Pak even asks if they should call the police. Whether he was serious or not is up for debate. Even when Shanann says "they're gonna kill me", Pak laughs and says "shut up" as if saying you're talking crazy. Again, whether that was because he actually had no nefarious intentions or was saying it to try to calm her down and not arise further suspicion is up for debate
  • Shanann says "Mike stop it" and "Mike please" or some variant at least 20 times during the conversation. My thought here is Pak is trying to take her by the arm or hand and force her out of the house and she continues to refuse. I believe this is because Brewer has told Pak they need to leave and basically Shannan is his problem now because he brought her so he's trying to get her out of the house
  • When Shanann finally runs out of Brewer's house, she would've turned left and gone up The Fairway because Brewer's address was 8 and Gus Colletti's was 17. At a walking pace it's 0.2 miles and approximately 4 minutes however it sounds like Shannan is running. It sounds like Shanann begins her run at the 17 minute mark of the call and raches Colletti's door just before the 21 minute mark because he answers it and can be heard asking her what's wrong around 21:19. It's clear now that she is in a full fledged panic because he asked her multiple questions to try to see what's wrong and got nothing
I remain confused as to why Shanann ran away from Colletti when he told her he was calling 911 when she was on the phone with them herself not long prior. It's possible she saw Pak's SUV approaching because just after she left his home and hid under his boat, Pak asked Colletti if he had seen her.

Pak's response to Colletti telling him he called 911 was very strange too. For those who don't know, he reportedly said "you shouldn't have done that, she's gonna get in a lot of trouble". Two interpretations are she's going to get in trouble with the police for being on drugs and being a hired call girl or she's going to be in trouble with Pak and whoever he is in partnership with.

That doesn't even get into Dr. Hackett which is for another post. I remain unconvinced that Shanann was a LISK victim, but 100% believe she met foul play and either Pak and/or Hackett knows far more than they let on about how that occurred. FWIW, I believe Brewer is relatively innocent here. I think he just wanted sex and then after all the commotion early in the call, he just wanted Shanann to leave, calling Pak to get her out of his house when she wouldn't leave on her own.

Sadly, this is one where we probably won't ever get the full truth given the players and the SCPD seem to be content writing it off as a dead hooker which is truly tragic.

After listening to the call several times and reading the rough transcript, general thoughts are:
  • The party at Brewer's home included multiple males besides himself - all of whom besides Pak & Brewer are unknown
  • Shanann sounded very groggy at the start of the call, almost like she had been drugged or had something slipped in a drink. It was reported she wasn't a heavy drug user but did drink quite a bit so IMO it's highly likely she was consuming alcohol before and during the party and would've been very easy for someone at the house to slip something in her drink
  • Initial conversations in the background between Pak & Brewer sound like the party was either over or winding down and Brewer was basically noticing Shanann was in a stupor and wanted her to leave. Kind of like a "she doesn't have to go home, but she can't stay here" thing
  • Shanann seems at first concerned then deathly afraid of leaving the house and going outside. Something makes her fear leaving with Pak and she got the idea that he was in on a plot to kill her.
  • As far as what caused this fear, speculation abound. It could've been that one of the other males who was (or still is) at the party said something to her and when combined with her consumption of alcohol (and/or other intoxicating agents) and general mental state at the time caused her to freak out and make connections that weren't there - or were. Regardless, she clearly does not want to leave the house in any fashion - and definitely not with Pak. Perhaps she thought that Pak was in on a plot to kill her with another guest and that's where he'd be taking her?
  • Pak and Brewer seem unconcerned that Shanann is on the phone. There is a clear reference several times to them asking her who she is talking to. Pak even asks if they should call the police. Whether he was serious or not is up for debate. Even when Shanann says "they're gonna kill me", Pak laughs and says "shut up" as if saying you're talking crazy. Again, whether that was because he actually had no nefarious intentions or was saying it to try to calm her down and not arise further suspicion is up for debate
  • Shanann says "Mike stop it" and "Mike please" or some variant at least 20 times during the conversation. My thought here is Pak is trying to take her by the arm or hand and force her out of the house and she continues to refuse. I believe this is because Brewer has told Pak they need to leave and basically Shannan is his problem now because he brought her so he's trying to get her out of the house
  • When Shanann finally runs out of Brewer's house, she would've turned left and gone up The Fairway because Brewer's address was 8 and Gus Colletti's was 17. At a walking pace it's 0.2 miles and approximately 4 minutes however it sounds like Shannan is running. It sounds like Shanann begins her run at the 17 minute mark of the call and raches Colletti's door just before the 21 minute mark because he answers it and can be heard asking her what's wrong around 21:19. It's clear now that she is in a full fledged panic because he asked her multiple questions to try to see what's wrong and got nothing
I remain confused as to why Shanann ran away from Colletti when he told her he was calling 911 when she was on the phone with them herself not long prior. It's possible she saw Pak's SUV approaching because just after she left his home and hid under his boat, Pak asked Colletti if he had seen her.

Pak's response to Colletti telling him he called 911 was very strange too. For those who don't know, he reportedly said "you shouldn't have done that, she's gonna get in a lot of trouble". Two interpretations are she's going to get in trouble with the police for being on drugs and being a hired call girl or she's going to be in trouble with Pak and whoever he is in partnership with.

That doesn't even get into Dr. Hackett which is for another post. I remain unconvinced that Shanann was a LISK victim, but 100% believe she met foul play and either Pak and/or Hackett knows far more than they let on about how that occurred. FWIW, I believe Brewer is relatively innocent here. I think he just wanted sex and then after all the commotion early in the call, he just wanted Shanann to leave, calling Pak to get her out of his house when she wouldn't leave on her own.

Sadly, this is one where we probably won't ever get the full truth given the players and the SCPD seem to be content writing it off as a dead hooker which is truly tragic.
I speculate that the other males were residents of Oak Beach, possibly sons of persons of interest.

This might be my favorite post on any Gilgo thread yet. Agree with just about everything, although I'm still not convinced about SG meeting foul play. I still see the "collapsed in the marsh" theory quite plausible.
And my thoughts on SG running from Colletti when he called 911 and Pak's response to Colletti about calling 911 center around the theory that some type of LE may have been at Brewer's house and that is who/what spooked SG in the first place. If she's running from LE at Brewer's, she'd certainly run if GC said he was calling them, she'd likely only trust the operator with whom she was speaking, and could explain Pak's cryptic response to GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321