Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a more serious note. Wet jeans are nearly imposible to put on and just as hard to get off! I tried it once just to see. You have to pretty much sit down to peel them off. However you do it, they are not coming off without ending up inside out! I wonder if her pants were inside out? If they weren't, then they most definatly were dry when they came off!

I meant if you were running, not sitting around ripping bingers with your girl.

I meant if you were running, not sitting around ripping bingers with your girl.

I agree that they didn't come off on branches, didn't float off and most definately SG DID NOT take her pants off while running! DIDN'T happen! Unless she took the time to sit down in the marsh and struggle to pull them off! It's ridicuous for anybody to suggest even.

I agree that they didn't come off on branches, didn't float off and most definately SG DID NOT take her pants off while running! DIDN'T happen! Unless she took the time to sit down in the marsh and struggle to pull them off! It's ridicuous for anybody to suggest even.

And if you are running for your life.....do you stop and take your pants off? Ive never heard of such a thing.

Lets assume they came off during as she decomposed; and they were ripped off by hurricane irene and made there way to where they were found......what are the chances that all of her other posessions were found with them? Not very good.

She was chased and murdered, then stripped (which is consistent with the GB4)but the man showed up responding to the 911 calls and the party was cut short.
JMHO

And if you are running for your life.....do you stop and take your pants off? Ive never heard of such a thing.

Lets assume they came off during as she decomposed; and they were ripped off by hurricane irene and made there way to where they were found......what are the chances that all of her other posessions were found with them? Not very good.

She was chased and murdered, then stripped (which is consistent with the GB4)but the man showed up responding to the 911 calls and the party was cut short.
JMHO

I can't even see them sliding off after decomp. SG was not fat and most tight jeans hugg your hips. I would think (I could be wrong) her hip bones would hold them up? Having said that some girls wear pants that wont stay up over their hips consequently you see their thong everytime they bend over. Who knows but even then they shouldn't have floated completely off her bod

Was she completely naked? I mean certainly her panties wouldn't be in the same place as her other belongings if her pants floated off, they should've been swept away altogether. It just makes no sense!

I feel bad even talking about the poor girls state of dress. It almost seems disrespectful. My apoligies to Shannan and her family :'( No disrepect intended It just seems important to know why she was not fully dressed and what articles of clothing were where.

just curious, does anyone know how hypothermia would be proven when only skeletal remains exist(no muscle or tissue)? bone marrow test?

I don't think they could tell, but then I don't know how a bone marrow test would provide manner of death...

Deedee21, I said she wasn't dressed for the weather and temps out there that night. SG's pants were supposedly found away from her remains, near her purse. It's possible in my mind, that her pants and purse were with her when she died, and left the area by floating to where they were found during the storm Irene, long after it didn't matter how tight the pants were because there were no legs left in them, only bones.

Wow. I missed all that bones found in the pants stuff... - got a link?

As for the pants and purse being with her at death, and then "floating to where they were found..." How would that work? If she was skeletonized during Irene (she would have been IMO if she was there), her bones should have floated too - and stayed with her belongings. It's been my experience that things generally either wash up on shore or wash out to sea...not both lol! But thank you for advancing your opinion - that is what w/s is all about!

I don't think they could tell, but then I don't know how a bone marrow test would provide manner of death...

I THINK in hypothermia, bone marrow is depleted-wonder if they went that far in the autopsy to see-and I THINK there is some type of hemoglobin decay that takes place in times of hypothermic circulatory arrest that can be detected by checking the marrow

[QU**OTE=PreciousDust;8553719]When an epic conspiracy makes as much sense as any of the other explanations, start considering an epic conspiracy.
continuing the quote:
I'll almost always agree that I may be wrong, so I ask myself what's probable a whole lot. Running off into a place that from the outside doesn't look like a place that can take your life, but certainly can, all because your brain just told you,"they're out to get you, get the F*#! out of here", make's way more sense and looks far more probable than either an organized, or alternately barely associated, group of guys all interested in capturing, torturing and killing e-sex workers, while operating out of a small and close knit community with either impunity because of fear of staining the area's reputation, or with such stealth that no one has seen or heard anything about it over years of covert meetings even though it involves several prominent area members, some of whom are KNOWN to talk up a blue streak about what is, and what may not even be close to going on in their life. You are going to see thing through your eyes and with your prejudice, and I'm going to see things through mine, with mine.
I'll admit here and now, the Oak Beach Boys story has a way better chance at being a movie or best seller, but it's just as believable as the Amityville Horror.[/QUOTE]
My response:
OK. FWIW through MY eyes as a trained lifeguard (not verified so take it as you please)...Before I could swim I had a near drowning experience in a pool I totally panicked and if someone had not saved me I wouldn't be here to terrorize you (JK!) Once I trained as a lifeguard the first thing I was taught was to remove your clothes (especially pants and shoes) as they will drag you down (we were taught to use our pants as flotation devices...it works if you seal the ends and blow air into them)...
Second and most important thing we learned - NEVER approach a "drowning" victim face on - IOW as a lifeguard you have to dive and come up behind them because if you don't their panic might take you down too...JMO but I speak from experience

Wow. I missed all that bones found in the pants stuff... - got a link?

As for the pants and purse being with her at death, and then "floating to where they were found..." How would that work? If she was skeletonized during Irene (she would have been IMO if she was there), her bones should have floated too - and stayed with her belongings. It's been my experience that things generally either wash up on shore or wash out to sea...not both lol! But thank you for advancing your opinion - that is what w/s is all about!

I never said bones were found in her pants, only that the pants could have floated off when all that was left of SG was bones. Wet denim is very good at holding air in it and can float almost indefinitely. As to bones floating, I've never seen them float. I believe bones would stay put in water unless a current moved them. Also, where SG was found, there was no shore to wash up to or away from. She was found in a marsh.

Jeans do not get taken off by magical plants. Especially girl jeans that are usually tight so there is not much to snag. Anyone here ever run or think they are running for his or her life or for that matter ever have your life endangered? Ever have that fight or flight instinct kick in?
I have. You feel that addrena,line hit your bloodstream and you get that weird uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach. I kind of like it.
Its hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that someone who was a relatively healthy young woman who was fleeing for her life was taken out by hypothermia. You are fleeing for your life....you are not going to stop and take your pants off, or snuggle into the fetal position to warm up.
I would be easier sold she died of a heart attack than hypothermia. Atleast with a heart attack it actually plays into the equation.

For me it is almost impossible to peel off wet jeans. And if she's in the middle of running for her life, she wouldn't stop or take the time to take them off.

So you are an adrenaline junkie, huh??? LOL

continuing the quote:
I'll almost always agree that I may be wrong, so I ask myself what's probable a whole lot. Running off into a place that from the outside doesn't look like a place that can take your life, but certainly can, all because your brain just told you,"they're out to get you, get the F*#! out of here", make's way more sense and looks far more probable than either an organized, or alternately barely associated, group of guys all interested in capturing, torturing and killing e-sex workers, while operating out of a small and close knit community with either impunity because of fear of staining the area's reputation, or with such stealth that no one has seen or heard anything about it over years of covert meetings even though it involves several prominent area members, some of whom are KNOWN to talk up a blue streak about what is, and what may not even be close to going on in their life. You are going to see thing through your eyes and with your prejudice, and I'm going to see things through mine, with mine.
I'll admit here and now, the Oak Beach Boys story has a way better chance at being a movie or best seller, but it's just as believable as the Amityville Horror.
My response:
OK. FWIW through MY eyes as a trained lifeguard (not verified so take it as you please)...Before I could swim I had a near drowning experience in a pool I totally panicked and if someone had not saved me I wouldn't be here to terrorize you (JK!) Once I trained as a lifeguard the first thing I was taught was to remove your clothes (especially pants and shoes) as they will drag you down (we were taught to use our pants as flotation devices...it works if you seal the ends and blow air into them)...
Second and most important thing we learned - NEVER approach a "drowning" victim face on - IOW as a lifeguard you have to dive and come up behind them because if you don't their panic might take you down too...JMO but I speak from experience[/QUOTE]

Glad I live on an island, and grew up playing in the ocean. Surfing around here is pretty much enter at your own risk as lifeguards do not patrol most decent surf spots. Probably as comfortbale in the water as I am on land.

=twocuriouscats;8555382]continuing the quote:
I'll admit here and now, the Oak Beach Boys story has a way better chance at being a movie or best seller, but it's just as believable as the Amityville Horror.
My response:
Second and most important thing we learned - NEVER approach a "drowning" victim face on - IOW as a lifeguard you have to dive and come up behind them because if you don't their panic might take you down too...JMO but I speak from experience

I understand, however, Shannan was not in a pool or the ocean or in deep water in any way. So I see no reason she would have taken off her wet pants. She was in a marsh with a couple of inches of water.

I never said bones were found in her pants, only that the pants could have floated off when all that was left of SG was bones. Wet denim is very good at holding air in it and can float almost indefinitely. As to bones floating, I've never seen them float. I believe bones would stay put in water unless a current moved them. Also, where SG was found, there was no shore to wash up to or away from. She was found in a marsh.

Thank you for clarifying that no bones were found in her jeans - I misunderstood what you said. As for the marsh - doesn't it flood and recede with the tide? Bones do float...do cellphones?

Everytime I have dropped one in the water it has always sunk. Cell phone that is, not bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member