Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much does an autopsy cost? A good, complete, unbiased one ?

Well technically they are free IMO. But the Gilbert family wants another one. I think I read somewhere on here that her body was still being held until MG had enough money to get her own independent autopsy done. I remember reading somewhere that the coast was around $15,000. Seems a bit high to me. I would imagine more around 5,000 to 10,000. but I think it's different from state to state.

John Ray said Mari needs four thousand for another autopsy.

I understand Mari is busy with life and the lawsuit, but wonder why no fundraising activity has been attempted to raise the funds, similar to what MC did--$4k really isn't a lot to raise with a large group of people to draw from on her behalf

I understand Mari is busy with life and the lawsuit, but wonder why no fundraising activity has been attempted to raise the funds, similar to what MC did--$4k really isn't a lot to raise with a large group of people to draw from on her behalf

I thought of that also. John Ray said the ME was not ready to release SG remains until the summer of 2012. Im curious about that.

Theres more going on than we are aware of. If Shannans family was ready to bury her when the autopy was completed they would have been prevented by the ME from doing so. John Ray must of asked why that is. I guess the answer to that is for their ears only. Im curious about that.

I thought that SG remains were released. But, the family is letting ME keep her remains until they have the money to do a 2nd autopsy?
I figured $15 must of been right because $4 doesn't seem like to much to come up with.

I thought of that also. John Ray said the ME was not ready to release SG remains until the summer of 2012. Im curious about that.

BBM Curious and odd (imo). If the ME met with the family in May, I wonder why on earth the remains couldn't be released until summer?? And, I wonder what exactly constitutes "summer"... June 20th? Was this something you heard or read or ???

Maybe get a second or third job and you can just pay For it yourself. After all this is your daughter....the one u are suing people over and bringing accusations against someone over?

It's been a very long time. A year? $100 a week at a second or third job times 52 weeks? But she has a donation thing set up....go figure. I would beg, borrow, and steal to get 15k together over the course of a year to find out how a family member died. I'd sell French fries, wash dishes, cut lawns, data entry.....where's SGs real mom? Not her blood mom....the one who took care of her.

It seems to me that it's costing the ME more money to preserve her body than it would've to pay for an independent autopsy!

Why have they not come up with money for an independent autopsy? I'm sure if they spent time on fund raiseing instead of futile lawsuits, this would have happened already!

Do we know FOR SURE that she hasn't been buried or cremated yet?

I would donate to a fund to see this happen.

It seems to me that it's costing the ME more money to preserve her body than it would've to pay for an independent autopsy!

Why have they not come up with money for an independent autopsy? I'm sure if they spent time on fund raiseing instead of futile lawsuits, this would have happened already!

i gave $400 to a fund to legally get a foundation for shannan m. gilbert.
the cost was $400 - i gave $400.

shannan m. gilbert foundation.

I ASSumed they thought the lawsuit would generate money (they would win their case and be awarded $). Personally, I thought it (the lawsuit) was quite a risky endeavor, but concluded (or maybe I just hoped) JR had some additional evidence that we didn't know about. Again, all just guesses and speculation.

That is what I'm saying. If it is actually 15 I'd donate something to help. I'm sure a lot of people would. But IDK maybe it's not the case at all

You shouldn't have to donate. Someone needs to work harder. What happens to money if autopsy is never performed? Does it get returned. MG kicks in or shows she is kicking in.... I'll be happy to help. Ill be damned if I'm gonna kick in and someone else is receiving without putting forth effort. I'm not a social services organization.

You shouldn't have to donate. Someone needs to work harder. What happens to money if autopsy is never performed? Does it get returned. MG kicks in or shows she is kicking in.... I'll be happy to help. Ill be damned if I'm gonna kick in and someone else is receiving without putting forth effort. I'm not a social services organization.

Well, I'm defiantly not going to send money for someone who isn't even got a fund raiser going for it. Honestly if it was 15 I'd be more then happy to make a donation if there was some type of event being held for it or something. If it is only 4 then IDK...I could get 4 easily if I had to, it's really not that much money.

Yeah.....wait by the mailbox. My check should be there any day now. But stand outside and wait.

It seems certain that SG was a LISK victim - anything else would be too much of a coincidence.

The question is - what did she see? What scared her so? Did she have an atypical reaction to a sedative and that is how the murderer let her out of his sight to the point where she got hold of her phone?

It doesn't make any sense for her to be killed by the LISK. But yet nothing els would make any sense. It's just bizarre.
I keep thinking that if she was killed by the LISK then MP, JB, and who ever els would have to be or know who the LISK is. Or els be working together. It don't make sense that JB would hirer a girl to kill when he new her driver was right out side and would be able to tell LE where she was last seen. It's to risky. Unless, if MP was the driver for the LISK as well as Shannon and decided to make some extra cash that night by driving her out there for JB with SG thinking he was actually giving her a ride.
Or well SG was running for her life she bummed into the LISK. But really that is to far out there.
So who knows...it's just bizarre and tragic.

It doesn't make any sense for her to be killed by the LISK. But yet nothing els would make any sense. It's just bizarre.
I keep thinking that if she was killed by the LISK then MP, JB, and who ever els would have to be or know who the LISK is. Or els be working together. It don't make sense that JB would hirer a girl to kill when he new her driver was right out side and would be able to tell LE where she was last seen. It's to risky. Unless, if MP was the driver for the LISK as well as Shannon and decided to make some extra cash that night by driving her out there for JB with SG thinking he was actually giving her a ride.
Or well SG was running for her life she bummed into the LISK. But really that is to far out there.
So who knows...it's just bizarre and tragic.

I think the first thing we have to do is to not trust a single thing that comes out of JB's or MP's mouths. If we go to the core, all we have is a dead young woman found among other dead young women. It is highly likely that their deaths are related. In other words SG was murdered.

Given that, then, we have these options:

1. SG ran for her life, for good reason, tried to save herself by calling the police and getting help from neighbors. While she would have been safe if she had just sat down on the neighbors porch, she was in such a state that she could not and her instinct was to flee.

2. SG ran for her life, but not because she had good reason to but rather because she was confused/high. She accidentally ended up at the hands of the LISK who was unrelated to JB and MP.

I certainly think 1 is by far and away the most likely option.

What confuses things is that the killer(s) made a mistake - having killed many girls before, they thought they had it down - but somewhere somehow they made a mistake - SG got loose and she was very close to bringing them down.

They could not afford that she would survive - and they could not afford to carry her elsewhere - since they knew about the 911 call. Therefore, they just killed her on the spot, knowing how easy it is for a call girl to go missing and how unlikely it would be for the police to truly look for her.

I think the first thing we have to do is to not trust a single thing that comes out of JB's or MP's mouths. If we go to the core, all we have is a dead young woman found among other dead young women. It is highly likely that their deaths are related. In other words SG was murdered.

Given that, then, we have these options:

1. SG ran for her life, for good reason, tried to save herself by calling the police and getting help from neighbors. While she would have been safe if she had just sat down on the neighbors porch, she was in such a state that she could not and her instinct was to flee.

2. SG ran for her life, but not because she had good reason to but rather because she was confused/high. She accidentally ended up at the hands of the LISK who was unrelated to JB and MP.

I certainly think 1 is by far and away the most likely option.

What confuses things is that the killer(s) made a mistake - having killed many girls before, they thought they had it down - but somewhere somehow they made a mistake - SG got loose and she was very close to bringing them down.

They could not afford that she would survive - and they could not afford to carry her elsewhere - since they knew about the 911 call. Therefore, they just killed her on the spot, knowing how easy it is for a call girl to go missing and how unlikely it would be for the police to truly look for her.

I agree 1 is the most likely. I don't think she just randomly bummed into the LISK.
The one thing I keep forgetting and have to keep reminding myself is that two of the girls found at GB went missing after SG went missing.

I agree 1 is the most likely. I don't think she just randomly bummed into the LISK.
The one thing I keep forgetting and have to keep reminding myself is that two of the girls found at GB went missing after SG went missing.

If I understand things correctly, they were both convinced to leave their cell phones behind. That makes sense after the SG ordeal. I wonder, though, what ruse he/they used to make that believable to the girls.

Anyway, if that is true, there are precious few who knew about SGs phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee