Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. There are so many variables that only Mr. Spock could calculate it. If there's no connection, it is one of the great coincidences of all time.

IKR! I can't seem to find a similar such coincidence, but maybe I'm not using the right search terms? Does anyone know of a similar coincidence? Ever? Whatever search terms I use leads me back to SG! It just seems unprecedented! I just can't wrap my mind around it being a coincidence!

And yet...stranger things have happened right?

The word I get is THEY are trying to trot out that old rumor that the nursery owner did it. They are going to add more BS to the story to convince the people they have the right man and he is dead by committing suicide - evidence of guilt, so they will say.

The word I get is THEY are trying to trot out that old rumor that the nursery owner did it. They are going to add more BS to the story to convince the people they have the right man and he is dead by committing suicide - evidence of guilt, so they will say.

How do "THEY" figure that committing suicide is "evidence of guilt"? How many other people in NY committed suicide that day? Are those unfortunate souls guilty as well? J/S They better have more evidence than that before trying to pin this on a dead man!

But they are not trying to pin it on a dead guy!!!! They have even said they don't believe he was the SK.

But they are not trying to pin it on a dead guy!!!! They have even said they don't believe he was the SK.

Patrol officers believe he did it. They did not get that info.from the streets.

Shannan Gilbert's case has actually kept me awake some nights. All these years later and STILL no resolution...

Regarding the 911 call, the fact that someone is able to dial and then describe their plight and converse for an extended period of time does not necessarily indicate a rational state of mind. Of course it's completely rational to the person who is experiencing the paranoia (whether drug induced or otherwise), but not to the objective observer. And combining mental illness with recreational drug use can be devastating.

I'm not at all convinced that Shannan was not in danger when she fled, or at least had good reason to believe she was in danger. But I do have to keep the other factors in mind when considering the 911 call...

As for the hyoid bone... does anyone here know if the thyroid cartilage was intact? Or was that missing/decomposed?

The cops keep saying to seperate the call SG made from the ones the neighbors made. Lets do that. SG called 911 because she believed her life was in danger. It took ONE MONTH for the police to say the call from the woman who believes someone wants to kill her came from Oak Beach. SHAMEFUL.

The cops keep saying to seperate the call SG made from the ones the neighbors made. Lets do that. SG called 911 because she believed her life was in danger. It took ONE MONTH for the police to say the call from the woman who believes someone wants to kill her came from Oak Beach. SHAMEFUL.

They(two separate agencies dealt with this call) got a cell phone call from someone who didn't know where they were. Please explain just how they where supposed to know her location. It was finally put together when someone from SG's family saw her 911 call on her phone bill.

They(two separate agencies dealt with this call) got a cell phone call from someone who didn't know where they were. Please explain just how they where supposed to know her location. It was finally put together when someone from SG's family saw her 911 call on her phone bill.

Poluce did not know her location at the time she called. Thats because she did not know where she was. Is that where LE responsibility ends? The nature of the call is what prompts this question.

Do you have a link saying that this is what patrol officers believe?

Some posters live on LI. A couple of them have said cops told them they believed it was the nursery guy. Its a rumor with no basis.

Some posters live on LI. A couple of them have said cops told them they believed it was the nursery guy. Its a rumor with no basis.
Okay thank you. I'm not trying to discredit you or anything but I just am one of those I have to hear it and see it myself. Because I guess IMO an LE officer working the streets prob doesn't know as much as the actual directives working the case so IMO their opinions don't mean much and are just as much of a guess as any of ours.

Poluce did not know her location at the time she called. Thats because she did not know where she was. Is that where LE responsibility ends? The nature of the call is what prompts this question.

An officer who heard the tape of the call says she didn't sound like she was in any danger despite her saying, referring to Pak and Brewer, "they're trying to kill me". Those two could be heard in the background trying to get her to get with the program and leave, which is all Brewer wanted at that point. What, in your opinion, should the N.Y.S. police have done once the call was disconnected?

An officer who heard the tape of the call says she didn't sound like she was in any danger despite her saying, referring to Pak and Brewer, "they're trying to kill me". Those two could be heard in the background trying to get her to get with the program and leave, which is all Brewer wanted at that point. What, in your opinion, should the N.Y.S. police have done once the call was disconnected?

I dont believe she calmly said those words. The answer to your question would be utilize whatever technology they have. They did not bother at all. I say that because once the connection was made between the 911 call she made and the calls made from the neighbors they still did not do anything for three months.

Okay thank you. I'm not trying to discredit you or anything but I just am one of those I have to hear it and see it myself. Because I guess IMO an LE officer working the streets prob doesn't know as much as the actual directives working the case so IMO their opinions don't mean much and are just as much of a guess as any of ours.

The only people who would know who was or wasn't a suspect would be the detectives, and it is pretty unlikely that they would be telling random locals anything of the sort. Those allegations are almost certainly squarely in the local rumour department and do not have any substance.

I say go back and look it at Pak, Brewer and the Drifter. According to Shannan Pak and Brewer were trying to kill her...that's simple enough!

I say go back and look it at Pak, Brewer and the Drifter. According to Shannan Pak and Brewer were trying to kill her...that's simple enough!

Exactly. Especially since she was found dead. I think she may have knocked on someones elses door after she left Mrs Brenners.

Can anyone help with a link to the records of Shannan's phone calls the morning she went missing. I remember seeing a page with the details time and length of calls made at some point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x