Possible Victim: Shannan Gilbert

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilgo is a little area located on Jones Beach. Shannon was right she was at Jones Beach.

Gilgo State Park is a 1,223-acre (4.95 km2) undeveloped state park in Gilgo Beach, Suffolk County, New York.[2] The park is located on Jones Beach Island, a barrier island off the southern shore of Long Island.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilgo_State_Park

It warms my heart to see that people agree with me. the other factor that she was a passenger in a car lends even more support to the Jones Beach. If you aren't behind the wheel it is different when you need to know where you are.

I think it would be hard to argue the opposite to be truthful. Of course you are right!

The only way she would have known she was at Gilgo is if perhaps she was a regular and had been at Brewer's before. No signs that was the case.

She could have been a regular at Brewer's house (IMO she was) and still not know she wasn't directly at Jones Beach. IMO, it is more likely she thought she was in Jones Beach than something called Oak Beach. In ALL my years living in the area have I ever been to Oak Beach, Gilgo, or Captree until I was interviewed for a TV program that hopefully will soon be released. If they use the footage you will know me if and when you see me.

She could have been a regular at Brewer's house (IMO she was) and still not know she wasn't directly at Jones Beach. IMO, it is more likely she thought she was in Jones Beach than something called Oak Beach. In ALL my years living in the area have I ever been to Oak Beach, Gilgo, or Captree until I was interviewed for a TV program that hopefully will soon be released. If they use the footage you will know me if and when you see me.

Being a regular wouldn't change the view she saw as a passenger. Oak Beach is a tiny area located at Jones Beach. Shannon was correct she was at Jones Beach.

From Wikipedia:

Oak Beach is a small community located on the eastern end of Jones Beach Island, a barrier island between the Atlantic Ocean and the Great South Bay of Long Island. The community is part of the town of Babylon in Suffolk County, New York, United States. The eastern part, the Oak Island Beach Association, is gated, whereas the western part is not. It is part of the Oak Beach–Captree census-designated place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Beach,_New_York

Did anyone watch People Investigates on Discovery ID tonight? John Ray quotes a friend of Shannan's naming James Bisset as one of her clients. (Mods pls snip name if necessary only quoting because this is stated in documentary)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched it and I was delighted to see James Burke got a starring role in that story. They even said he was running a prostitution ring out of his house and his prostitute girlfriend lived with him for several months. And we haven't seen the A&E show starting this Saturday that will run for 8 Episodes. I hear it will be a masterpiece of journalistic excellence.

Other than those two points, you really didn't miss much. So excited for Killing Season this Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks... I probably won't hurt myself trying to catch a replay using the app :) But, still I gotta' say... Burke's brothel, and SG having Bissett as a client are two fairly big points. And, yes... I'm hopeful that TKS gives us more info on this case and LISK.

Where was the point that SCPD and NYPD had a task force to look into
Bobby Durst being LISK?

oh - you mean you didn't see it in last nights show and you wont' see it in
TKS?

SCPD/NYPD formed a task force to look at Durst for being LISK - why? becuase he dismembered
Morris Black.
How come you didn't run up to Buffalo and play Durst's voice on the Jinx - and make Amanda
listen to him and ask her if he was LISK?

Oh you mean you didn't have that lead? WHY NOT? It's public record.

You can't leave those girls alone to rest in peace?
Why?
They died in trauma and you are just stirring up dirt.
youre terrible

There is NO NEW NEWS in this case and you know it. You're just using propaganda
to get a show and pay your bills by sensationalizing this case, yet again.

You know what is particularly upsetting?
I read the letters of the 80 people who wrote to the judge for no prison
for Burke. One of the letters was by Amarr. He is the president of Crime Stoppers.

I gave TWO tips. One the coppers called me back; one they did not.

It is a conflict of interest for the president of Crime Stoppers to write a favorable letter to the judge
for Burke's case. Crime Stoppers are the ones with all the tips on the case and there were more than
1,500. It's rigged, get it?

WHy don't you sit outside the house of Sini, Cameron, and even Burke and ask how his mommy is.

DO SOME REAL INVESTIGATIVE WORK - not sensational B.S.

You just quoted me... was that intentional or ??

I have no idea what you're talking about. My comment has nothing to do with Durst (nor anything else you've mentioned as far as I can tell).

You just quoted me... was that intentional or ??

I have no idea what you're talking about. My comment has nothing to do with Durst (nor anything else you've mentioned as far as I can tell).

Sorry. Not quoting you - just bringing up that you pointed out that two new points
were

a) JB (bissett) being a client of Shannan - that has not been exploited before
b) Burke being a pimp (they didn't say he had a brothel)

Sorry. Not quoting you - just bringing up that you pointed out that two new points
were

a) JB (bissett) being a client of Shannan - that has not been exploited before
b) Burke being a pimp (they didn't say he had a brothel)

I didn't initially report those two new points... other people did. I was just commenting on them. If they are reporting incorrectly then please quote them, not me because I'm not the messenger. But thanks for the apology.

These people that run those Crime Stopper shops are pretty much police buffs that have a lot of money. Though I have known one or two I could never understand why should waste so much of their time and effort to get close to cops. I'll bet you a good cigar that Amarr has a car outfitted with lights and sirens.....a pistol carry permit, and a badge of some sort. so what if I am wrong ?

Well, I think Kolker covered the victims' lives in his book.

All these dead bodies found on Long Island and the killer is still roaming free. The former chief of police overseeing the investigation is now in prison. And how much was his salary... and his pension?? The police can't decide on how many killers, the police can't decide on Shannan's demeanor while calling 911, and they can't decide if she was a victim of LISK. No wait... I believe they argued that she IS a victim of LISK when pressed to release her 911 call recording.

Even the worst reporters don't have to do much more than state these facts to have very sensational news.

Yes, R. Kolker did cover the sorry story of their childhoods. It is incredibly sad.
These were human beings with a shytty childhood (except Melissa Barthelemy who's mom was super young - 16 I think)
so you had a child raising a child, and that in itself has tremendous challenges and stressors.
The other girls were abandoned and neglected and tossed about either in foster care or just alone and left to raise themselves.

Society judges them and doesn't help them rise up and get an education and without that, you're screwed. They all
come from families that are not college educated, but struggling with poverty issues and their parents might have a H.S.
diploma or a G.E.D.

Yes, People magazine show stated Burke had a prostitution ring being operated out of his home.
Prostituting women is a crime, and he was organized; so is that organized crime? That could very well
be a reason Burke refused to let the FBI in on this case. But as of today, he has not been charged with prositition.

Where are the women to come forward to talk to the FBI that were prostituted in Burke's prostitution ring??
Is the FBI even looking into it?

Feds forced the hand of a couple of the cops that Burke had power over. One of them was even quoted in the
paper saying if Burke knew that he was talking to Feds, he could be killed, or he alluded to being scared
for his life.

THAT is a powerful quote. Does Burke kill people?

Because Shannan was scared for her life that night.

and Yes, John Ray mentioned the conflict of interest in the most shocking display of cognitive dissonance in this case regarding LE.

re: the 911 call - One side says that Shannan was calm cool and collect while being on the phone and the other side says she was hysterical and screaming for her life.

The fact that she called 911 is that she was calling for HELP. That is what 911 is for.

This case is going no where until someone in the know talks
. If Burke is a killer, as alleged by the LE witness who was scared to talk to Feds for
fear of his life ending, then no one will talk. Judge Wexler put Burke in prison while awaiting sentencing stating
he was a menace to society. You have 80 letters from sheeple who were ready, willing and able to bow and scrape
the ground under Burke's smelly feet.

I never knew until Burke's sentencing when he waltzed into court with his swagger like a movie star, all the while smirking at Chris Loeb
while Mr. Loeb read his statement. It was not until seeing Burke in all his bravado, all the while in prison garb, to see how very powerful Burke really is. It made me want to read the case.

Why didn't John Ray look into the camera and ask the public if they have any information of Burke and his prostitution
ring, to call him? Why isn't he on News12 Long Island stating that very question?

I have to hand it to you Hawk. You were right about a lot of things. He's evil with power over people and he knows he has the power over people.
You only get that by blackmailing people. It was stated in the papers that Burke blackmailed people.

I have morphed into you with my diatribe against the media selling out these girls stories like pimps.
I have friends in the media on this case and I've been told by them that they are told by their bosses what to print,
what to say and what they are not allowed to say.
So who are their bosses? Well the people that own the media publication that these people work for.

You have your diatribe against Burke and I have mine against the slimy media who distort this incredibly sad story for their own
media ratings, advertising money, greed, fame and personal gain.

"I'm a dead man" remark. I know who that person is. He didn't mean it in the literal sense, he meant it he was 'dead' in his career as a cop. As much as I would like to blame Burke for everything, including the killing of JFK, this one I can't put on him. Frankly, I don't think Burke has the balls to kill anyone other than women, if that. He is basically a punk.

"I'm a dead man" remark. I know who that person is. He didn't mean it in the literal sense, he meant it he was 'dead' in his career as a cop. As much as I would like to blame Burke for everything, including the killing of JFK, this one I can't put on him. Frankly, I don't think Burke has the balls to kill anyone other than women, if that. He is basically a punk.

I don't think Burke is LISK. Never did.
That woman said it at the sentencing.

I do believe that he could have found out WHO LISK was if he
put his energy into it. Burke is a very powerful man. L.I. is his kingdom and domain.

Burke likes to 'kill' people by framing and arresting them. Why not as he has a lackey of a DA known as Tom Spota to do that for him. He tried that by attempting to 'kill' my former son in law by putting him in jail for 30 years had he been charged and convicted of the armed robbery of Strathmore Bagels on 7/25/00. That charge, upon conviction carried a minimum sentence of 20 years.
That charge had to be quietly dropped without notification to the defense that their main witness, Burke's neighbor gave this information to detectives on 11/13/03 and remained in the files to be charged until at least 7/2/04 or when Burke's neighbor gave sworn testimony before a crooked judge named Hudson that my son in law participated in that robbery, later to be proven after Spota's detective finally investigated the son in law's whereabouts on 7/25/00 and after reviewing his credit card receipts found he was in Europe from 7/18-7/27. You should also note that the ADA Peter Timmons tried to block that information from being known to the jury. Yeah, real nice people and all done under the direction of James Burke

Hi Hawk .... just marking a spot. Things are getting interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member