Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone who feels they have let Caylee down, I'd like to share a thought with you.

Justice does not build a stairway to heaven.
Love does that, and initially Caylee was unloved and dumped by her mother.
Then her grandparents and uncle abandoned her to take up for her poor excuse for a parent.

BUT now - 3 years down the line, JA, FG, LDB and thousands of strangers (you included) have embraced Caylees cause, fought for justice, prayed for her peace, and hung onto hope that someone would pay.
The lack of payment is just one small part, your love and your prayers lifted Caylee into heaven a long time ago. That is worth so much more than a guilty verdict.

Caylee sits at the end of every rainbow that you see, swinging her legs and singing. Sometimes she kicks that pot of gold and a coin falls out, so when you find a penny on the floor......... that is Caylee reminding you that she is now loved.

I have asked this everywhere....

Can someone please give me a guess estimate on what ICA will get on the Charges she was found guilty of?...

They say 4 years max and she has done 3 already...

Roy House coming up on Fox News. Says he's outraged.

@ChrisCuomo: Alt juror says pros failed to show motive. Pros doesn’t have to show motive!! Shows common lack of savvy

They did too show a motive! THe motive of having poor Caylee out of the way so KC could party! THey showed the motive plain as day! Why the alt juror even saying that???

If she got time served for the checks she can't also use that time for the "lying to police:!!!

Well we all wondered if it would be GA, CA, or LA that would be thrown under the bus. We never thought it would be baby Caylee :-(

Oh my. You are so right. I never imagined this. I'm in tears again.

I'm so sad and disappointed for Caylee. These people never asked to see one piece of evidence after they started deliberating. They just wanted to go home. How are they going to feel when she kills again?

After today:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:No I think HJP is going to do this so he has a couple days to think about. He has a strong hand so we can hope.

Some lawyer was saying these are misdemeanor charges and usually just get probation, not jail time, and that Baez should have asked for her to be free today.

She used her last 3 years to cover her Stealing Checks Felonys....

SO, :praying: let hope the good Lord lets her get at least 4 years more for "LYING to POLICE" !!!!!

Oh I totally disagree with Casey becoming a "celebrity" and people wanting to be seen with her. Come on now she is not Kim Kardashian. She did not just make a *advertiser censored* video. She was accused of murdering her child and even though she was found innocent. In the court of public opinion she will always be guilty and we all know the jury got it wrong. No one will want to be seen with her. Everyone will refer to her as the "Baby killer who got away with murder". The same will be the case with her lawyers. A killer is a killer. All the money in the world can't change that. I DO agree with your "reasonable doubt' part 100%. This jury and many others like it still do not understand what that means. In addition Ashton's behavior did concern me.
As to your other opinions I do have serious reservations about our jury system. I just don't believe the "Average Joe" is qualified to be a juror and emotions and personal opinions get in the way of the FACTS. This is exactly what happened today. Otherwise Casey Anthony wouldn't have gotten away with murder but like with O.J. justice will eventually be served to Ms. Anthony.

Random thoughts in no particular order:

* Like most here I am horrified by this verdict. No only will there be no justice for Kaylee, but the opposite -- her killed is about to CASH IN. Casey is now a celebrity, she is now the person to be seen with, she is the coolest cat in any room. People will want their pictures taken with her, they will want her autograph.

* While it is absolutely NOT a popular sentiment here, I have said for some time now that JB was a good attorney and doing a fine job...

* JA and the prosecution team, on the other hand, did a fantastic job and then failed spectacularly at the end with their closing. The left out a very criticial point of their rebutal...

* They never CLEARLY explaned to the jury what beyond a reasonable doubt meant. Mr Mason did a FANTASTIC job creating the illusion that anything less than absolute 100% air-tight PROOF was a "reasonable doubt." The prosecution pretty much allowed that nonsense to stand unchallenged, which likely goes a long way towards explaining why....

* This jury had already reached a verdict before they retired. They went back there with the opinion that the prosecution had not "proven" their case. They also, likely (and this is also gonna annoy some here), felt that...

* Mr Ashton acted like a complete tool during the defense closing. The guy was arrogant, cocky, and a bit of a jerk during the best of times, and that likely was a bit off-puting, but that stunt during the defense closing was outrageous. And I say this as a HUGE FAN.

* Please please PLEASE stop with the "Kaylee is in a better place" and "God will punish Casey" stuff. Please. It's offensive as hell to some of us.

* The folks who are using this verdict as an excuse to condemn the entire jury system make no more sense than those who would say that all mothers are as fatally flawed as Casey. It's not perfect, but our system is the best in human history, and generally when it makes a mistake it is in favor of the accused. It's designed that way for a reason -- it is better for a hundred guilty to go free than for one innocent to be wrongly condemned.

* It is totally inappropriate to villify the defense team for the actions of Casey or defending her. They did their job, and very well. They won a case that NO ONE thought could be won.

* This verdict is NOT an excuse to abandon the search for justice for everyone else or to quit these forums. If anything it is a call for more activity.

Thanks for reading.

Some lawyer was saying these are misdemeanor charges and usually just get probation, not jail time, and that Baez should have asked for her to be free today.

She lied to police to Cover up a Murder.... Even if She wasn't convicted of it....

If she got time served for the checks she can't also use that time for the "lying to police:!!!

Is that how it works? I did not know that. IF JP gives her the max. to serve concurrently she will have time served correct? If he gives her the max. to serve consecutive how that will tie in to the time served for the checks?

Something just occurred to me. They keep saying the State had no smoking gun. You know what? I think the smoking gun was the fight that occurred the night of June 15 that no one in the Anthony family would admit to.

Lee told something about it, other people heard about it. No one would admit it under oath because THAT was the smoking gun. That would sealed the state's case if Cindy had said they fought and she threatened to get custody of Caylee.

I have always felt this fight happened and the family knew that if they admitted it it would seal Casey's fate.

They have made their beds. Even George, he was there and he knew what happened on June 15.

To everyone who feels they have let Caylee down, I'd like to share a thought with you.

Justice does not build a stairway to heaven.
Love does that, and initially Caylee was unloved and dumped by her mother.
Then her grandparents and uncle abandoned her to take up for her poor excuse for a parent.

BUT now - 3 years down the line, JA, FG, LDB and thousands of strangers (you included) have embraced Caylees cause, fought for justice, prayed for her peace, and hung onto hope that someone would pay.
The lack of payment is just one small part, your love and your prayers lifted Caylee into heaven a long time ago. That is worth so much more than a guilty verdict.

Caylee sits at the end of every rainbow that you see, swinging her legs and singing. Sometimes she kicks that pot of gold and a coin falls out, so when you find a penny on the floor......... that is Caylee reminding you that she is now loved.
Thank you, beautiful, and it helps. I hope all will see this and remember it does take a village for the tots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3