Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also feel the same way. I still just cannot believe it!

I just keep saying "How can 12 people agree on this?"

It's like someone is telling me 2+2=5 and I keep saying no it's 4!!!

My brain just cannot accept this ... it's just so wrong :(

Even George said 1 + 1=2

Leila.....did you see Judge Jeanine before his program. She was awesome.

I wish I had.............I like Judge Jeanine! I was watching TLC as they had a one-hour documentary on Jaycee Duggard. When that was over, I switched over to Fox News and Geraldol

Does anyone else have a hard time watching the verdict? I feel sick, angry, and I find myself shaking my head every time I see it on television. I don't think I can watch it anymore.

I didn't watch it. I saw the headline on MSN and then tried to get on here to read. I haven't turned my TV on since. Mute it and turn away. It's not worth the rehash.

Found where to post this:

I don't know where to put this post so I'll start here. Something must be wrong with me because I still honestly cannot believe Casey is walking free. I can't comprehend how this happened. How did these 12 jurors come to this conclusion? Charged with nothing but lying to LE...Poor Yuri was in the balcony waiting to watch her go down.... I am still sick over it.....my stomach is in knots. I cannot believe they found her not guilty and she walks out a free woman. And no one is held responsible for Caylee's death.Feels like it's a bad dream and I will wake up from it....is anyone else still struggling with this? I know I need to move on but it's just haunting me............Casey, Jose and Chaney M and Cindy sure get the last laugh on this one........... a murderer walks free...

ETA:Darn it, I missed both programs :( Might be better off not seeing Geraldo :)

No, you are not the only one. I was in shock for days., so bad that I lost 2 days. I have no idea where they went. I couldn't eat, sleep & it weighs on my mind & heart 24 - 7. It's all I think about.
I too keep thinking & wishing I would just wake up so I could tell someone about this wild dream I had where she got off scott free.
I will not watch anything to do with the defence or the jurors unless it is a little snippet from NG, HLN or Dr Drew. Even then, I change the channel until they are done talking about what a victim this monster is.

I just simply cannot understand how 12 people can agree she had nothing to do with Caylee's death. How??

There are no words I can say without a to or maybe worse.
I'm sickened and still stunned. Really shocked. They got it wrong.

I hope nobody buys anything written by them ,avoid their tv aperances, and basically shun them and any station that has them, any publisher that uses them. no 20/20 prime time etc.....movies....nothing. Period. At. All.
This is my opinion on what I'm going to do. Jurrors asking for $$ for interviews? REALLY?:maddening:
IN MY OPINION sadly.

Found where to post this:

I don't know where to put this post so I'll start here. Something must be wrong with me because I still honestly cannot believe Casey is walking free. I can't comprehend how this happened. How did these 12 jurors come to this conclusion? Charged with nothing but lying to LE...Poor Yuri was in the balcony waiting to watch her go down.... I am still sick over it.....my stomach is in knots. I cannot believe they found her not guilty and she walks out a free woman. And know one is held responsible for Caylee's death.Feel like it's a bad dream and I will wake up from it....is anyone else still struggling with this? I know I need to move on but it's just haunting me............Casey, Jose and Chaney M and Cindy sure get the last laugh on this one........... a murderer walks free...

Bon I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. My daughter and I both feel the same way. I have a wonderful family and a very full life but I am so haunted by case. Casey got her day in court but Caylee did not. Today I planted a new rose bush in my garden in memory of Caylee. Every morning when I wake the first thing that hits me in the face is that Casey is going free and not paying for her terrible crime.

I know Jose thinks he did a great thing because he saved her from the death penalty, but he has to know that she is not being held accountable for what she did. It is one thing to not believe in the death penalty , but to believe someone should not pay for their crime is just wrong.

I think time will help us heal from this terrible miscarriage of justice - so I would encourage you to do something in memory of Caylee no matter how small. I have been trying to come up with an idea that Websleuth memebers could do as a group - any ideas?

One little thing we can do is release balloons in shades of purple on Caylees birthday thru the day...we can't do much more aside from my post above.
imo

Guess CM forgot he made this statment:

"You can pretty well predict there's going to be a life sentence, either a plea and get it over with or have a circus trial and then be convicted and get life." J. Cheney Mason (before he joined Casey Anthony's defense team)
Why hasn't anyone called him on this?

There are no words I can say without a to or maybe worse.
I'm sickened and still stunned. Really shocked. They got it wrong.

I hope nobody buys anything written by them ,avoid their tv aperances, and basically shun them and any station that has them, any publisher that uses them. no 20/20 prime time etc.....movies....nothing. Period. At. All.
This is my opinion on what I'm going to do. Jurrors asking for $$ for interviews? REALLY?:maddening:
IN MY OPINION sadly.
I'm still in shock. I don't feel that Caylee is at peace...I really don't. As wolf mom so eloquently states every day, G-d's not finished yet.

I stayed off the board for 48 hours after the verdict. I felt emotionally and spiritually shattered into a million pieces.

It's hard to explain such devastation - the first day I couldn't even speak at all - it was impossible to even comprehend the jury could come to such a verdict.

Then as much as I could handle, I listened to the talking heads saying the jury system brought a just verdict and justice system still works. I listened to two jurors give completely absurd reasons for their decisions. We didn't want to be responsible for giving her the death penalty was the most absurd at all. That has nothing to do with what their decision was. Death is for the penalty phase and it is the law that decides death, not them. Clearly they paid no attention to the evidence or their jury instructions. Absurd negligence..with no excuses that will ever even begin to justify their decisions.

Tonight I watched the NG 2 hour special on Caylee. It was hard to watch and listen to, but at least the TH on this program agreed, justice was not served on that day.

Maybe tomorrow morning for the first time I won't wake up in the middle of a dream about this case. I understand why I dream about it. My mind is trying to bring logic and peace to my brain and heart. I guess one day I will be resigned to both the blind superficiality of this jury and the loss of justice for Caylee.

I have to tell you, as spiritual as I am - karma can be damned! I don't care what happens to ICA. What I care about is that there will never be justice for a two and a half little girl, who was killed, murdered, wrapped in duct tape and thrown in the swamp to rot like a piece of garbage. It will always haunt me.

After three years standing for justice, we arrive at the day when justice becomes a file marked homicide - unsolved - closed. So talking heads, Just put a cork in it and please move on. You can ever say anything to make this right. Don't talk to me about justice. Not this time. Not for Caylee.

When there is no justice, there is no peace.

Remember that, Anthony Family.

I stayed off the board for 48 hours after the verdict. I felt emotionally and spiritually shattered into a million pieces.

It's hard to explain such devastation - the first day I couldn't even speak at all - it was impossible to even comprehend the jury could come to such a verdict.

Then as much as I could handle, I listened to the talking heads saying the jury system brought a just verdict and justice system still works. I listened to two jurors give completely absurd reasons for their decisions. We didn't want to be responsible for giving her the death penalty was the most absurd at all. That has nothing to do with what their decision was. Death is for the penalty phase and it is the law that decides death, not them. Clearly they paid no attention to the evidence or their jury instructions. Absurd negligence..with no excuses that will ever even begin to justify their decisions.

Tonight I watched the NG 2 hour special on Caylee. It was hard to watch and listen to, but at least the TH on this program agreed, justice was not served on that day.

Maybe tomorrow morning for the first time I won't wake up in the middle of a dream about this case. I understand why I dream about it. My mind is trying to bring logic and peace to my brain and heart. I guess one day I will be resigned to both the blind superficiality of this jury and the loss of justice for Caylee.

I have to tell you, as spiritual as I am - karma can be damned! I don't care what happens to ICA. What I care about is that there will never be justice for a two and a half little girl, who was killed, murdered, wrapped in duct tape and thrown in the swamp to rot like a piece of garbage. It will always haunt me.

After three years standing for justice, we arrive at the day when justice becomes a file marked homicide - unsolved - closed. So talking heads, Just put a cork in it and please move on. You can ever say anything to make this right. Don't talk to me about justice. Not this time. Not for Caylee.

Waking up each morning and realizing what has happened has happened to me too. Still sick to my stomach. But maybe this is was meant to be.

Prison would have ensured FREE comfy, protective safety and security, housing, toiletries, makeup and hair care, patholigical liar rehab, education, medical and dental, mail (from admirers and all those lovelorn), TV, religious services, exercise, friends and lovers, Bible study, AA meetings, money from parents in her account, service and even restitution.

What will freedom mean for KC? And who will pay for it?

I am willing to bet that after the big W....her lawyers would soon be free of her. Now, they are stuck with her.

Hmmm...what was Jose thinking? A WIN for him or a life for KC? (she was a fool if she ever thought her really cared for her...it was all about his career).

this case and the fallout is driving me crazy. i just can't understand. i have more questions than answers. i think the world must surely be heading towards the end with this verdict....and i am not a big end-of-the-world-thinking sort of person.

i do think that entire family knew more than admitted to, at least after the fact. i think LA knew a TON more, and possibly everything, from the get go. i have always thought the relationship between him and the acquitted murderer was possibly incestuous. no, i have no proof of that. i may very well be wrong but it's a feeling i've never had before in all my 40 years. and i have other nagging thoughts.....like i remember he was on record as encouraging the killer not to go to police, didn't want cindy calling the police, didn't want anyone taking lie detector tests. why? and when i watch that freaky speech of his at the memorial it creeps me out to no end. when you add in there all of his recorded conversations....it just raises my ire so much i can't stand it.

i feel badly for feeling this way and particularly if the guy is innocent of any and all wrongdoing. but if he's not, nail him. nail them all. i just can't fathom that this family would go to the lengths they have to protect a killer. for god's sake, what are the odds that there would be four utterly morally bankrupt individuals, all willing to let the remains of a beautiful baby girl rot in the swamp, in the same friggin' family?

What bothers me a lot is that it's not just Casey I have this hatred for. Obviously, she's going to lie about what happened, and not take responsibility for anything, yes it HIGHLY annoying, and I just hate it, but it's expected. What is absolutely sickening is how the family just decided to not work with anyone, and be complete morons. The mom acts like Casey is this perfect person, nothing ever happened, all is well. The dad is just angry, which is understandable, but it's like he doesn't know what to do, so he just goes with everything. Lee...well what the hell is he doing? It seems like he wants nothing to do with these people, yet he goes on the stand and does the opposite, and doesn't answer questions. I find him to be a creeper, and I find his relationship with Casey odd. I don't know if it was incestuous or not, but it is incredibly odd.

Then we go on to clown #1 and #2. Baez and Chaney. Could they be any more corrupted, scummy, people? It makes me so sick. They walk around like they won a championship, and gloating, like there was never a dead little girl. What pathetic people. They should be ashamed of themselves, and I don't know how they sleep at night, I really don't.

i would be all for it if they could charge the jurors with something.

there's no friggin' way 12 people came to this conclusion without some sort of wrongdoing, coercion, something......it is impossible. i will absolutely never believe it.

What bothers me a lot is that it's not just Casey I have this hatred for. Obviously, she's going to lie about what happened, and not take responsibility for anything, yes it HIGHLY annoying, and I just hate it, but it's expected. What is absolutely sickening is how the family just decided to not work with anyone, and be complete morons. The mom acts like Casey is this perfect person, nothing ever happened, all is well. The dad is just angry, which is understandable, but it's like he doesn't know what to do, so he just goes with everything. Lee...well what the hell is he doing? It seems like he wants nothing to do with these people, yet he goes on the stand and does the opposite, and doesn't answer questions. I find him to be a creeper, and I find his relationship with Casey odd. I don't know if it was incestuous or not, but it is incredibly odd.

Then we go on to clown #1 and #2. Baez and Chaney. Could they be any more corrupted, scummy, people? It makes me so sick. They walk around like they won a championship, and gloating, like there was never a dead little girl. What pathetic people. They should be ashamed of themselves, and I don't know how they sleep at night, I really don't.

I agree with the post. I keep finding myself thinking about how they have "won". They all are walking around with their smirks and I told you so looks. It makes my skin crawl.

There is a small part of me that thinks JB might be a little nervous because I don't think he thought she would get totally off from all of this. What is he going to do with her now? She is a loose cannon. She will get herself into some kind of trouble. Remember her little tantrums in court?

He has also more than likely encouraged her to cut her family off. Now he is going to be stuck with her until he can pass her off somewhere to someone. I also would bet he spent the money he was suppose to pay taxes on.

That felon KC is a cold hearted person. She truly has a bit of the devil in her if you ask me. He is gonna want to drop her and drop her quick because she will bring him down with her.

I'd really like to know what is going thru that brain of his and the defense team now. They may have partied into the night at the verdict they all received but I would bet once the alcohol and the high of the win wore off they were shaking in their boots. What now? Who is gonna take this girl that we painted as a poor lost soul? Because we all know that she is off her rocker and we don't want her around our wives, children and grandchildren.

In the beginning I'm sure Jose was a little excited to start hearing from the offers that were coming in from entertainment mangers , talk shows and *advertiser censored* companies. Imagine his fear and thoughts when they started pulling back on the offers.

Brings me to the question; is she his responsibility now? Does he have to ensure that she gets somewhere/somehow or can he take her for a long ride out into the country and drop her off?

The next day after it happened I woke up and thought- Oh I'll put HLN on and they'll all be back in the courtroom and HHJP will fix this- it was a mistake. lol

I am just so glad I can come here and read everyone's posts that express exactly the way I feel. I started crying when I read them it was such a relief to know I was not the only one who was so destroyed by this.

It's almost how I felt after 9/11 which is dumb because it has nothing to do with it, but its the same sense of hopelessness and despair.

Your words are my words. They are how I feel and how I would have expressed myself had I the talent.

When I think of this verdict, my mind shoots off in so many directions. Each leaving me feeling frustrated and powerless. I accept that we can not go back in time. What I mean is there will be no retrying this case. That part is over. That was a pill I found so hard to swallow, but swallow it I did. But that is not where the crux of where my frustration lies. Let me explain.

First, I am frustrated that Jose Baez was able throw out LIES in his opening statement. I do NOT accept that he did that in good faith. For those who did not follow this case and did not know the background, there are some who now believe as gospel that George had something to do with Caylee's death and that he and Lee raped and molested KC. Futher more, there are some TH's that further that notion when they KNOW it to be false!!!!! How is it that an officer of the court can perpetrate lies and NEVER have ANY intention of bringing forth any evidence?

And Roy Kronk.... What did that poor man EVER do??? My goodness he called 3 times and no one cared. Thank God he went back and found Caylee. And for his good deed, Baez filets him in court?? Are there not laws, rules, etc, against this??? How can this go unpunished??? If no one stands up to this, will it become acceptable practice? ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

(On a sidenote, did it never occur to this braindead jury (yes, I said it) that JB NEVER asked RK about how he stole the body, took it home and then put it back with old, disintegrated duct tape? Did they never wonder why JB NEVER asked George what he did after he pulled Caylee from the pool??? Or why Lee was never asked about molestation? Did they not see that he took them for a ride??? Did they not see that he LIED to them, yet they trusted him??? I DO NOT GET IT!!!!!!:banghead: )

Sorry, I had to let that out....

I am also frustrated, by this jury. I am frustrated by the lack of commen sense and logic in society as a whole.

I am frustrated that I am told by the TH's that I cannot question this verdict.

I am frustrated that we now have revisionist history on TV. Right before the verdict most TH's were talking about how KC might be able to appeal on grounds of ineffective counsel, and now we hear how JB is brilliant. They ALL thought the SA case was "overwhelmimgly strong". "One of the strongest they have ever seen" Now we hear that they, "over charged" (even though there were lesser charges) or they didn't do this or didn't do that. They do this to CYA because they are to afraid to say what they know is truth. This jury DID NOT DO THEIR JOB!!!!

I, like you am frustrated that I am being told that it is wrong for me to criticize this jury!!!!!

I am frustrated that I have NO power to change the jury system. I personally think that there needs to be a class taught by the presiding judge or a video that is played prior to deliberations and then a test MUST be passed by each juror BEFORE deliberations so they know to a tee what the instructions and charges are. That they understand they must use ONLY the EVIDENCE before them. That reasonable dout is NOT "beyond a shadow of a doubt". That motive and COD do NOT have to be proven. But I have NO power to enact this. It frustrates me because I think it is sorely needed.

These are the things that frustrate me more than the 2 things that most would say should upset me overall; No justice for Caylee and KC gets to walk!

Funny enough, these 2 things I have found peace with.

First, while I shutter to think what Caylee endured at the hands of her mother, I KNOW that she is free. Free to run and play and swing in the arms of Jesus. She will not live a life of torture under KC. Some may think this wrong, but all things considered she is much better off, IMO. She lives free of fear and never to be abused again.

Secondly, prison would have been a cake walk fo KC compaed to her life outside. She will be shunned and eventually pennyless and WILL reoffend and she will always have to look over her shoulder, as LE will be on her like a hawk. She will not go quietly, but will be hounded all the days of here life. The court of public opinion will speak loud and clear and will find her GUILTY each and every day of her miserable life. That I can live with.

This whole thing will take some time to get over, but eventually we will. I am one though who likes to see changes made when needed and when possible. I believe this case SCREAMS the system is BROKEN!!!! If progress on that front can be made then my frusration will subside and turn into satisfaction. Any suggestions on how WE can make that happen?:waitasec:

so many great posts/posters here
_ _ _

I'll be very surprised if she kills again. I think Caylee's death was a perfect storm and she knows it would be too hinky if CA/GA are murdered or have some type of "accidental" death. but if she does kill, she will be much more careful next time: a victim who can't/won't be traced to her, so I'll never hear about it. IMO she values herself too much to risk it again. and she has learned a lot about protecting herself from being caught, if there is a next time

but I AM convinced that she will eventually be in the news again w/ white-collar crimes like fraud, theft, bad checks, embezzling, tax evasion, etc. grifter 101. and maybe DUIs
_ _ _

LOVED the earlier comment about JB et al getting rid of her by taking her for a long ride in the country and dropping her off

The next day after it happened I woke up and thought- Oh I'll put HLN on and they'll all be back in the courtroom and HHJP will fix this- it was a mistake. lol

I am just so glad I can come here and read everyone's posts that express exactly the way I feel. I started crying when I read them it was such a relief to know I was not the only one who was so destroyed by this.

It's almost how I felt after 9/11 which is dumb because it has nothing to do with it, but its the same sense of hopelessness and despair.

I don't think it's dumb at all. It's a good analogy - maybe just on a slightly lesser scale. Both events have permanently shaken my faith in humanity.

And I appreciate the rest of your post, as well. I'm still so totally dumbfounded, hurt and angry by this decision and I'm having great difficulty getting past it. None of my friends or family followed this case and don't understand my emotional involvement. Some have said it's unhealthy - and maybe they're right. But it is what it is and I'm extremely grateful to have this safe haven of (mostly) like-minded individuals where I can discuss my feelings without judgment or repercussions.

:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member