Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too was sick and heart broken to hear the verdict and walk around for days thinking "How could this happen" ?? Then the defense took a second punch at the public with their comments and actions after the verdict ... then the jurors explaining their "logic" ... brought that sickening feeling back all over again ...
So I tried to deal with it as best I could ... starting with deleting EVERYTHING about the case and the scum of the earth involved in it off of my hard drive ... I was surprised to see I had accumulated 3 GB of files ...
That's when I told myself to get a grip ... what goes around comes around ... and KC sure isn't out of the woods yet ...
IMO she will not be received as the celebrity she thinks she is and offers will be rescinded or dry up when folks see just what they are dealing with ...

Although, I still get angry and upset when I hear these people are being "sponsored" and catered to, I think about all of the LE agencies, prosecution, expert witnesses who worked tirelessly on the case and how they must feel ... then I don't even feel I have the right to feel the way I do ...
I can't even imagine how much of a disappointment it is for them ...

Aside from Caylee's Law which IMO will be passed in every state, I would like to see more done about educating jurors and more time spent explaining the law to them and testing them for simple comprehension ... just something to try to learn from the gross mistakes that were made in this trial ...

I don't know why this is affecting me so deeply, even 2 and a half weeks post verdict. There are times where I believe I am coming to terms with it, but then I get caught up in all of the what if's and why's... or I see Caylee's picture and I get angry, sad and frustrated all over again. I never even personally knew these people yet the pain I feel from this is so real. I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter when I first saw Caylee's picture on the news. I remember instantly falling in love with her beautiful and trusting smile. On December 11, when I heard the breaking news that skeletal remains had been found near the A's home, my heart sank but I still held out hope (naively) that maybe it wasn't Caylee. We all know what news came that next week.

My daughter will turn 3 in August, a milestone that Caylee Anthony was denied to the right to reach, and I sometimes look at her and think, "How could someone do something so awful to such a tiny, vulnerable child?" She is the same age and size as Caylee was when she was murdered and it literally just breaks my heart every time I think about it..
It does seem that since it is likely that no one will ever be held accountable for this senseless death, that it will always be an open wound. I hope we can all find peace and closure somehow throughout all of this..
:grouphug:

I don't know why this is affecting me so deeply, even 2 and a half weeks post verdict. There are times where I believe I am coming to terms with it, but then I get caught up in all of the what if's and why's... or I see Caylee's picture and I get angry, sad and frustrated all over again. I never even personally knew these people yet the pain I feel from this is so real. I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter when I first saw Caylee's picture on the news. I remember instantly falling in love with her beautiful and trusting smile. On December 11, when I heard the breaking news that skeletal remains had been found near the A's home, my heart sank but I still held out hope (naively) that maybe it wasn't Caylee. We all know what news came that next week.

My daughter will turn 3 in August, a milestone that Caylee Anthony was denied to the right to reach, and I sometimes look at her and think, "How could someone do something so awful to such a tiny, vulnerable child?" She is the same age and size as Caylee was when she was murdered and it literally just breaks my heart every time I think about it..
It does seem that since it is likely that no one will ever be held accountable for this senseless death, that it will always be an open wound. I hope we can all find peace and closure somehow throughout all of this..
:grouphug:

AMEN ! It's hard to understand how someone could do what KC did ... and probably remains impossible to understand for most of us and society ...
bbm
I hope we can too .. it's great to have a place to come to for support !! :grouphug:

BBM - Parts of her body are still out there. I wonder if that crosses their mind as they all wheel and deal, squeezing every penny they can exploiting her death.

IMO

At one point I thought they cared about Caylee . Now I realize all they care about are appearances and the almighty dollar. They make me physically sick to my stomach when i think about them for any length of time.

This is taking longer for me to get over than I thought. I'm still mad about the verdict. :banghead:
Still can't stand the thought of FCA walking around free. :loser:

Me too. Still mad. But, I am starting to take some comfort in knowing that she may have gotten away with killing her daughter legally but there is nowhere she can go to outrun the memories of what she did. Hers or ours.

I'm not even a MOTHER, and I am still in tears over it all! That innate maternal streak that runs through us women, and the absolute love that overflows in my heart for a child, makes me want to enact my own brand of harsh justice on this monster. You could hear this same sentiment mirrored in Linda Drane Burdick's voice, as she closed out the case last Monday. If you AREN'T outraged, double check if you are HUMAN.

I live in Central FL, as well. It's storming fiercely outside. That beautiful baby lay out in the wet filth, through many a night like this. :cry:
QUOTE]
--------------
Thanks for that. Like I said on an HLN thread, I appreciated the reporter going out to the site and showing us a stunning contrast:

the decrepit site the murderer placed this beautiful baby's body in.

then showing the outpouring from people all over making a pilgrimage and laying down their offerings of love to this beautiful child.

I hope this reporter goes back with a crew and walks the interior and periphery of this area to show the access and exit points and also where the Anthony home was in conjunction to this area.

Who knows, they may happen upon another piece of evidence...not that it will overturn the verdict, but maybe there might be something to project to the public what a travesty this was.

What breaks my heart into many pieces is Caylee's own family has not been seen weeping at that site, , not ever!
Total strangers have wept more for that precious baby then her own blood.
It's that sweet baby that keeps us all coming back to this story.
There's something screaming inside of us all that will not rest - until Caylee gets justice.

1.) lies to family and friends

2.) steals from family and friends

3.) kills daughter

4.) Lies to investigators

5.) Has no problem getting legal representation

6.) causes the biggest legal circus in FLA history

7.) Throws her family and others under the bus

8.) Gets acquitted

9.) Apparently goes on her merry way and prospers

I just can't bang my head hard enough. Somebody wake me up from this nightmare.

Great list ... for me :banghead: I would add

Casey's lying arrogrant sociopathic behaviour was reinforced (she must feel so empowered... Jose too!)
Her family - with perhaps the exception of George - still doesn't seem to get it...

I don't think anyone is going to get over this for a long time. If Casey Anthony sticks her ugly mug out there again..which she will...the strong resentful feelings are going to be back full force. If anyone does an interview with her it will bring up all of the bad feelings full force. But she doesn't have enough sense to go away and led a quiet life somewhere. There is also all of that money involved. I'm sure Baez is out there trying to dig up some interview for Casey but it doesn't sound like he is making much headway so far. I'll bet he sees dollar signs in his sleep!

Does anyone remember who paid for that trip to Disneyland..I think it was..for juror #3 and whoever she took with her? Was it the defense team???? That trip followed right on the heels of the verdict.

and george was not on trial. its wasnt their right to decide to determine with no evidence he covered up "something" the more i hear the more i think their verdict was actually illegal. they way they came to their decision had NOTHIN to do with the law. in cases like these the state should have grounds to appeal. this is asinine these jurors should keep quiet becasue the are twisting the knife in my heart

I couldn't agree more. Everytime I saw juror #3 on tv I just want to slap her flat. She thinks she is so intelligent and she didn't get any of it. I think the judge should talk to the jurors one at a time and have them explain how they came to their verdict...what did they understand about the instructions. This is not fair. Just because a bunch of ignorant people couldn't understand the judge's instructions a killer should walk free???? Who paid for her vacation that took place right after the verdict? Didn't she get paid for talking to reporters but she said they had to send her on a vacation first? That young lady really put me off. I think her and the foreperson got together and bullied the other jurors to vote not guilty so they could all get out of there.

I don't think anyone is going to get over this for a long time. If Casey Anthony sticks her ugly mug out there again..which she will...the strong resentful feelings are going to be back full force. If anyone does an interview with her it will bring up all of the bad feelings full force. But she doesn't have enough sense to go away and led a quiet life somewhere. There is also all of that money involved. I'm sure Baez is out there trying to dig up some interview for Casey but it doesn't sound like he is making much headway so far. I'll bet he sees dollar signs in his sleep!

Does anyone remember who paid for that trip to Disneyland..I think it was..for juror #3 and whoever she took with her? Was it the defense team???? That trip followed right on the heels of the verdict.
Whatever you do...do not read the daily news thread because it will make your head explode...and your heart hurt that the death of a little girl comes to this...money and "fame" for the DT and Casey.
ITA with you...feeling raw emotion...all over again.

Well it's been one month since Caylee was denied justice. To be honest, I am still in disbelief. Looking back on the past month, it has been very similar to the grieving process for me. I still cannot seem to swallow the pill that NO ONE WILL EVER BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR CAYLEE'S DEATH. I will never respect or understand that ridiculous verdict, but I am TRYING to come to peace with it. I do trust that karma and a higher court will take care of Casey EVENTUALLY. Hope everyone else is doing well :)

I wish there was some cosmic guarantee that karma would come and slam ICA however I fear that she has got away with MURDER and is only receiving gratification for her crime with her new found fame.
Caylee has not gotten JUSTICE. JMO :rant::rant::rant:

I just got home from a gun show in Tampa where I did NOT buy the bumper sticker that said "Guns Don’t Kill People -- Party Moms Do” with a picture of FCA.

I stopped in to say "Hi" to everyone. It's very hard for me to post. I still can't get past how the felon threw Caylee away in the dark, wet woods and she walks free. I still can't get past that poor excuse for jurors. There is nothing anyone can say to change my mind. This aquittal was a travesty.

1.) lies to family and friends

2.) steals from family and friends

3.) kills daughter

4.) Lies to investigators

5.) Has no problem getting legal representation

6.) causes the biggest legal circus in FLA history

7.) Throws her family and others under the bus

8.) Gets acquitted

9.) Apparently goes on her merry way and prospers

I just can't bang my head hard enough. Somebody wake me up from this nightmare.

And I would like to add....

Only serves 538 days on 4 yr sentence because FL DOC doesn't know the difference between consecutive and concurrent

BBM - Parts of her body are still out there. I wonder if that crosses their mind as they all wheel and deal, squeezing every penny they can exploiting her death.

IMO

Maybe its wrong for me to judge but I still cant get over the way they didnt even get Caylee a decent grave. This "cremation" jewelry just gives me the creeps. Does anyone here do that with their loved ones?
If so, I apologise. It must be something new.
I think Caylee at least deserved a proper burial. :(

Maybe its wrong for me to judge but I still cant get over the way they didnt even get Caylee a decent grave. This "cremation" jewelry just gives me the creeps. Does anyone here do that with their loved ones?

You will get answers from posters here on WS to that question - first and foremost from MissJames, and I understand it is to keep part of the dear person they lost closest to their hearts.

I can't decide how I really feel about it. But I do know the idea isn't really new. One of the hot antique markets is in "victorian hair jewelry," made of course from their departed loved one's hair:

victorian-hair-jewelry.jpg

feddup,

I understand your feelings. I know that more and more, people are using different means of handling their loved ones ashes. That's not my problem with the Anthonys. I have a huge problem with Caylee's initial "sendoff". The handling of her body and where she was "placed" sickens me. And to blame that on the person who found her skeleton is beyond any understanding I have. I don't know which family member did it, so I guess I'll just blame all of them. This family has managed to trash Caylee as well as the character of many other innocent people who genuinely wanted to help find a lost little girl. They lied. They lied about something too important to lie about.

They put on a big production for her memorial service and I am apalled at that. That was for the public. It was nothing more than an attempt to whitewash their daughter's name and make everything ok. It did not work. Caylee deserved more than this family could ever hope to offer. Now they have a few ashes left. But one thing is for sure and certain. They can never touch that child again. They have each other. They deserve each other.

feddup,

I understand your feelings. I know that more and more, people are using different means of handling their loved ones ashes. That's not my problem with the Anthonys. I have a huge problem with Caylee's initial "sendoff". The handling of her body and where she was "placed" sickens me. And to blame that on the person who found her skeleton is beyond any understanding I have. I don't know which family member did it, so I guess I'll just blame all of them. This family has managed to trash Caylee as well as the character of many other innocent people who genuinely wanted to help find a lost little girl. They lied. They lied about something too important to lie about.

They put on a big production for her memorial service and I am apalled at that. That was for the public. It was nothing more than an attempt to whitewash their daughter's name and make everything ok. It did not work. Caylee deserved more than this family could ever hope to offer. Now they have a few ashes left. But one thing is for sure and certain. They can never touch that child again. They have each other. They deserve each other.

Excellent post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member