Post-Verdict: I am sick and heartbroken

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel just as you do. I feel I need to try and move on for my sanity's sake, but telling others to 'get over it' is just wrong imo. This is very much a grieving process for me. I grieve for Caylee and I grieve for our justice system.

ETA: This morning my mother in law left me a voicemail to 'razz' me about the trial. Ha ha. She laughed. I will not even justify it with response. What is so funny about a baby being dead and no one paying for it?

:eek: I'm sorry that happened to you, Florida Native. What a creepy thing to do to her DIL...

Your MIL isn't named "Cindy" by any chance, is she? :)

I believe that the wholesale dumming down of the public is a HUGE part of the problem with that jury. It was composed of apathetic people who apparently did not understand the instructions from HHJP and did not even ask for clarification-- which, of course, indicates that they were both apathetic AND IGNORANT. I am even more angry at the THs who keep saying, "but, they couldn't even prove what killed her!" People who don't understand the law should refrain from such stupid comments on air.... MOO

Every now and then it hits me that this woman GOT OFF from being convicted.

Beggars belief really. What in the world happened this week? Its surreal.

I'm still sick. Thought I was getting better. But not. I have a vacation this weekend. I hope I can let this go.

Along with so many of you, I have followed this case for almost 3 years. Yes, I am grieving with this verdict and the thought of watching her cruising around just makes me sick.

HOWEVER,

I just got a dose of real life reality - an email from a friend to tell me a mutual friend's 20 year old daughter was killed by a drunk driver 2 nights ago. My friend's great girl was killed, and of course, the drunk driver just had a few scratches. Wow. My heart now hurts for a family (parents are divorced) that will grieve horribly forever...as one can't get over the tragic death of a child. (If one is normal, I guess I should state in the Casey Anthony thread!)

I will continue to follow and be active in the Caylee case, and follow what Casey, and the rest of the family does in the future...but not to the extent I did. They really don't deserve it, honestly.

I am so sorry :cry: I wish them courage and strength as they try to make it through. Life is just incomprehensible at times. May she R.I.P.

I feel just as you do. I feel I need to try and move on for my sanity's sake, but telling others to 'get over it' is just wrong imo. This is very much a grieving process for me. I grieve for Caylee and I grieve for our justice system.

ETA: This morning my mother in law left me a voicemail to 'razz' me about the trial. Ha ha. She laughed. I will not even justify it with response. What is so funny about a baby being dead and no one paying for it?

I totally understand how you feel. My Father told me this morning when we spoke on the phone that I was "way over the top" and "too emotionally wrapped up in this case" because "you don't even know these people". Ridiculous. I honestly think anyone who can see this case where an innocent baby was murdered and thrown away like garbage and then the murderer gets away with out consequences and NOT feel outraged well I truly feel that is more their problem then mine.

I'd hate to know that I was so cold and unfeeling and disconnected from the world that I only let things bother me if they directly related to me. Hey wait that would make us all a bit like ICA wouldn't it?

I followed this case since day 31. I didn't become a member here until right before jury selection, because, well, I'm shy and not as confident in what I thought I knew about the case as you all. My husband joined me in watching the trial when we could, even though he and my sons never really understood my obsession, not only with Caylee Marie's case, but with our other lost ones. When the announcement came that there was a verdict, I ran upstairs to tell him, and he came down to watch with me. Neither of us could breathe after hearing "not guilty" three times. I was shattered, couldn't even cry, though I cried during that 45 minute waiting period for the verdict. I was numb the rest of the day, then numb the following day when I had to return to work that evening. I didn't turn the tv on at all yesterday before work, but did follow here. One comment I heard at work yesterday was "wow, she didn't even have to try on a glove..." Indeed.

It's hard not speculating what was going through the juror's minds, from the minute they were made jurors. There are some very iffy statements out there, but I figured that was coming, because how could you say "not guilty" in ten hours without asking to at least get your notes or reviewing the media that was available? We all have our suspicions and speculation, and I agree with many of you.

I'm still sickened, and will continue to be, but you know what? She'll walk out on Wednesday, think she has it made, but oh no, hon, you so won't. Neither will the family, neither will any juror who is after the cha-ching. There are too many people who are boycotting the interviews, the books, the movies. That's a good thing.

Today was a better day, even with the sentencing. I am trying to move on from the first case of a murdered child that I have ever followed so closely. I will never forget her, and plan to do something either in our yard or around the house to remember her. Something small and lovely, just as she was. I wish that I could say that it will be a while before I get invested in another lost child case, but I know me and my heart. And they need people who care. Thank you, WS, for having me for the short time that I have been here. I'll still be around, reading, caring, thinking, and supporting.

It's hard to 'realize' it's all over as far as 'Justice for Caylee', on earth. I am trying very hard to 'reason' my way thru the jury's decision(s). In the meanwhile....I am close to a young woman who is a single mother. Her little boy is going to be four in December. He was born with a TON of health issues and as a result, has some learning disabilities. Today, I became aware that she's struggling more than I had been led to believe; she has a low paying job, a little rental house, no family support to speak of. In Caylee's 'honor', I've vowed to 'do more' to help this young woman. She's a very gentle person, very kind hearted, and she's one of the BEST moms I've ever seen. A bag of groceries on my payday, a tank of gas when I can manage it for her, and more 'involvement' in noticing what she truly needs. She's a phenomenal person, I wish each of you could meet her!! Focusing this way will help ME more than it will this young mother, believe me. And Caylee will approve, I'm quite sure.

Along with so many of you, I have followed this case for almost 3 years. Yes, I am grieving with this verdict and the thought of watching her cruising around just makes me sick.

HOWEVER,

I just got a dose of real life reality - an email from a friend to tell me a mutual friend's 20 year old daughter was killed by a drunk driver 2 nights ago. My friend's great girl was killed, and of course, the drunk driver just had a few scratches. Wow. My heart now hurts for a family (parents are divorced) that will grieve horribly forever...as one can't get over the tragic death of a child. (If one is normal, I guess I should state in the Casey Anthony thread!)

I will continue to follow and be active in the Caylee case, and follow what Casey, and the rest of the family does in the future...but not to the extent I did. They really don't deserve it, honestly.

OMG, I'm so sorry for your loss. that is so tragic!

It's hard to 'realize' it's all over as far as 'Justice for Caylee', on earth. I am trying very hard to 'reason' my way thru the jury's decision(s). In the meanwhile....I am close to a young woman who is a single mother. Her little boy is going to be four in December. He was born with a TON of health issues and as a result, has some learning disabilities. Today, I became aware that she's struggling more than I had been led to believe; she has a low paying job, a little rental house, no family support to speak of. In Caylee's 'honor', I've vowed to 'do more' to help this young woman. She's a very gentle person, very kind hearted, and she's one of the BEST moms I've ever seen. A bag of groceries on my payday, a tank of gas when I can manage it for her, and more 'involvement' in noticing what she truly needs. She's a phenomenal person, I wish each of you could meet her!! Focusing this way will help ME more than it will this young mother, believe me. And Caylee will approve, I'm quite sure.

I really admire single young Mothers like this who truly love their children and struggle. I hope if I ever know one, I am going to help like you...it is so sweet of you!! Just a bag of groceries, wow that is awesome because in today economy, one sure adds up. Or a tank of gas. I am sure it will mean alot to her knowing that she has an angel like you who cares. :tyou:

I have learned what grief is the hard way. What I'm feeling right now is too familiar. I cry for Caylee.

My husband doesn't involved too much with cases on T.V. and thinks I go overboard sometimes! When he walked in from work the day of the verdict..I said they found her not guilty! He was shocked, sat down with me and we watched them replay it over and over. I don't want to repeat myself...but the people out there that are telling us, well that is the law, it was decided.....get over it...we have every right to question something, when we feel it is completely wrong and unjust. Maybe 100 years ago this judicial system worked but in my opinion I don't think it works now, or this would have never happened! :banghead::banghead: I was raised by a single mom (my dad passed away when I was 3) She did everything she could to provide the best for me. She put me first, before her social life. It's so hard to accept that every Mom is not like her. Lastly, this may be a bit personal but my husband and I have been trying to have children for several years and have not been successful as of yet. It makes me more upset to know this precious little girl was thrown out like garbage, when there are so many of us trying to have kids and are finding it difficult. Florida Native- I feel for you! My mil is awful to me most of the time, she would say something like that to me! I could go on about her but that would be a different thread entirely.

I am still sick and heartbroken, but feeling a little bit lighter today; guess my talking to myself about "acceptance" (of things I cannot control) is working.

When the verdict was about to be announced, of course I tried to get onto WS, but alas! I went to msnbc (I think), and saw someone post "not guilty!" and I (of course) thought it was a joke (and groaned). :( My ISP was having trouble so I couldn't get to more comments there to find out if it was true.

I didn't follow this case as avidly and excellently as most WS-ers, but it was this case that caused me to find WS in the first place. Since I didn't watch the trial (and didn't follow the case completely over time before the trial), I guess I was confident that justice would prevail.

Heavy heart, but a bit lighter today. I am hoping that many of the civil suits against wish-she-was-ICA and CA are won. I do wish that I had viewed the trial so that I could come to some understanding of what was presented (evidence and testimony) so maybe I could see that there was a reasonable doubt. But I am so very skeptical. I think the jury got it wrong.

SIGH.

Where is the justice for Caylee??? With double jeapordy <sp?> being a basis of our criminal justice system, I guess there won't be any in the criminal courts, unless more evidence comes to light implicating someone other than I-wish-she-was-ICA. Maybe sweet Caylee's destiny in her recent lifetime was to be an angel on Earth and we all are supposed to learn something from her time here (which of course we did, well, I did...don't mean to speak for anyone else).

SIGH 2!!! :(

RIP dear sweet Caylee.

I just keep saying to myself that the verdict of "not guilty" does not mean she is innocent. I have a feeling that Casey's life will be he$$ on earth. JMO

PS- I don't think I could ever "get over" Caylee's pain.

HOWEVER,

I'm sorry for your loss.

I just keep saying to myself that the verdict of "not guilty" does not mean she is innocent. I have a feeling that Casey's life will be he$$ on earth. JMO

PS- I don't think I could ever "get over" Caylee's pain.
Wednesday nite on ABC Nightline, the only juror interviewed on that show (Jennifer Ford?) said that (bolded). And I found myself saying that to a friend who seemed to believe that the jury's verdict meant that she is (innocent).

My best coping skill in this case is to try (hard!) to find something positive and to think philosophically about what it means...what can I learn...what am I "supposed to learn"? IMO, some people (many people?) just are not fit to be parents...

SIGH 3. :(

Unfortunately she meant it. It is more funny to her that I was 'wrong' than it is sad.

I would lose total respect for her. At the end of the day there is still a dead baby thrown away like trash. There is nothing funny about that. I'm sorry that your MIL upset you.

That post reminds me of my belief that it is completely twisted that IF Caylee drowned in the pool, MOST IF NOT ALL normal people would have called 911 in case she could be revived. And also, to report her death.

This did not happen in this case...and there are *3* adults, immediate family, well 4 if you count Lee (and I don't know if he was present) who DID.NOT.CALL.911 or even report it after the fact.

31 days. :(

ETA: Regarding CA (Cindy), she.should.be.prosecuted.for.perjury. I will be furious if she is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor