Prayer Vigil Cancelled because A's fear for their safety?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CW-go to the donation thread. This has not been a good week for the As. The world is watching IMO.

After seeing how some of the information about the donations was spun I've decided to avoid that thread completely. If legal action is taken against them for misuse of donated funds, I'll start paying attention.

I wish that they'd had it in their backyard. At least we could have had a peek...

The HOA asked them to hold the vigil somewhere else or cancel it because of the possibility of violence - the Anthonys decide to cancel the vigil because of their fears. While I am not a fan of the Anthonys at all, they gave their reasons for canceling the vigil and those reasons are the same as the ones HOA had for asking them to cancel it. On this one point, I think the Anthonys did what was right.

After seeing how some of the information about the donations was spun I've decided to avoid that thread completely. If legal action is taken against them for misuse of donated funds, I'll start paying attention.
It had to start somewhere...but fair enough. FYI- the fund is closed (no doubt for a good reason).

:clap::clap::clap::clap: that was so very nicley put.

Indeed Caylee should have prayers anywhere & everywhere....and the Anthonys should do whatever they need to do to have a vigil, and at the same time keep the peace with the HOA- its really respectful of the neighborhood if they chose to cancel for that reason. Whatever the reason, it is a step in the right direction.

I think little Caylee, wherever she is, alive or not....(hoping and praying for alive of course), needs prayers.

I think everyone should be praying for her, whole churches praying for her, wherever she is, it will never hurt to gather and pray for her. If anyone in that area feels a need to pray for her with a group of people they would be better off planning it every week at a church near the Anthony's home, or at a mutual location.

I think the residents in their neighborhood are fed up with all of it, and until something is figured out with the protestors, there is no sense in adding fuel to the fire. The Anthony's could also pray with their church congregation on Sunday's when they attend, and that might help as far as them not feeling like they have to stop the group prayers all together.

Also I see no reason they couldn't hold it in their back yard. Have their bodyguard people out there, and if anyone comes on the property then call the deputies. Also if they don't invite the media back their then, I seriously doubt the media is going to just go break down their door or gate to get back their.

I am still rather new. I have held myself back from posting so many times I have bruises on my fingers from sitting on them. I am not pointing fingers at anyome specific here, but I have seen inconsistencies in posts by some. A lot of inconsistencies.

The reason I hold myself back from posting is that I am afraid. I see newbies post about how nice everybody is and then in the same thread I see bashing like I've never seen before on this type of forum. I only like moderated forums where one of the rules is watch the language. If I see that rule, then the other rules usually follow.

There were a lot of people who called for the A's to stop the vigil. Some are here now calling them names for doing it. Doesn't matter what move they make. They are going to be wrong. Kind of like, "Well I wouldn't be going pee if my child/grandchild was missing. What is wrong with these people?"

JMO

I am still rather new. I have held myself back from posting so many times I have bruises on my fingers from sitting on them. I am not pointing fingers at anyome specific here, but I have seen inconsistencies in posts by some. A lot of inconsistencies.

The reason I hold myself back from posting is that I am afraid. I see newbies post about how nice everybody is and then in the same thread I see bashing like I've never seen before on this type of forum. I only like moderated forums where one of the rules is watch the language. If I see that rule, then the other rules usually follow.

There were a lot of people who called for the A's to stop the vigil. Some are here now calling them names for doing it. Doesn't matter what move they make. They are going to be wrong. Kind of like, "Well I wouldn't be going pee if my child/grandchild was missing. What is wrong with these people?"

JMO
LOL...so true. :clap:

They were asked to not have it in front of their home (can't remember where I saw it but it was a local news website) so they decided to cancel due to "fear of people getting hurt" My opinion they could have had it anywhere else but they chose not to because the media wouldn't see them doing it. (all for show imo)
They could have it out in the backyard but I doubt they would want to do it there since they know Caylee was back there at some point! :furious:

JUST MY OPINION

I read on another site where the attorney advised the Anthonys to cancel it in the front yard, but they could have them in their back yard; not only because of the protesters, but because of some problems with the trust fund.

JMO

Well of course they'd be wrong...They're protecting a woman who did NOTHING to find her missing her child for a month. Caylee may well be alive, but you'd be hard-pressed to understand how her family would feel about it based on their VERY vocal public appearances.

How could they, at this point, be viewed in any favorable light. (HINT - The "denial" business is long passed.)

:clap::clap::clap::clap: that was so very nicley put.

Indeed Caylee should have prayers anywhere & everywhere....and the Anthonys should do whatever they need to do to have a vigil, and at the same time keep the peace with the HOA- its really respectful of the neighborhood if they chose to cancel for that reason. Whatever the reason, it is a step in the right direction.

My question is WHY does it always have to be at their house? Most prayer vigils like that are held at a public place where more people can attend.

WHY there?

The HOA asked them not to hold the vigil. Guess they complied. Why does it have to be about drama or attention getting? Sheesh, damned if they do, damned if they don't...

I just do not get the Cindy and George bashers. I don't condone their behavior and yes I get frustrated, but I don't misdirect my anger at them. IMO, it's wasted energy. Through all the craziness I still see them ultimately as among the many victims of CASEY. She is the cause of everything in this case. Absolutely everything. If not for Casey's acts, there would be none of this.

The HOA ONLY asked them to hold it in the back yard or the vacant lot.......NOT CANCEL it.

How about a church?

PS- and since when have they listened to the voice of reason?

A church sounds like a reasonable choice. However, in this crazy world what church would open its doors to the possiblity of angry protestors gathering outside the church, or perhaps even trying to bring the protest indoors.
I vision the use of guards at the door checking and qualifying people who want to join the vigil. Hardly a church setting.
The public is upset and stressed with the Anthonys, no one in the family seems to escape the wrath of the protesters.
I believe the family needs to re-locate to a secret safe place until things progress further with LE charging KC, if that's going to happen.
However, I am beginning to think the Anthony family wants the negative attention. It is a sure fire way to keep the heat off their daughter.
If KC is soley responsible for Caylee's disappearance and perhaps deathr KC will never fess up to the truth in this case.
JMO

They have asked everyone to light a candle instead.

And that is exactly what I'm going to do. It's sad it had to come to this for them, giving up something that I'm sure helped to feel so much love through them and around them for Caylee. Well, I would like to turn this into a postive on this thread and take away the negativity. The power of prayer is tremendous. So, as I said, I am going to light a candle and say a prayer for Caylee, I am in Illinois, and extending my hand, who would like to grab it and start a prayer circle for Caylee.

JMO

I haven't read this whole thread but I agree with your post. It's damn if they do, and damn if they don't.

The power of prayer is tremendous. So, as I said, I am going to light a candle and say a prayer for Caylee, I am in Illinois, and extending my hand, who would like to grab it and start a prayer circle for Caylee.

Excellent idea DiDi. I think you should start a new thread for the prayer circle.

just taking Didi's hand and reaching out to......

:boohoo: This family will spend the rest of their days on this earth, sleeping in the bed they've made for themselves. Sad but true!

They had the compassion and the goodwill of John Q Public at the start of this terrible drama, but they -- through their own choices, behaviors, words and actions (you can even say *lack* of action!) -- squandered that compassion, and succeeded in turning any rational observer against them.

It's impossible to believe that this family is canceling the prayer vigils out of concern for others... just look at their existing track record. These folks are all hat, no cattle.

(bold is mine, responding)

I don't like this remark, but I will bite my tongue. :rolleyes:

I do however want to point out that members of LE are trained to see things more rationally than most. The detectives involved in this case are certainly more than mere observers, and they DO believe the Anthony family are victims in need of compassion.

I have been lurking as a guest for a couple of weeks now, and would have joined earlier but I could never spare the time from reading all the updates, especially the fantastic work of the WSFU!

I had great sympathy for the GP's and LA in the early days of this case, but it's been whittled (or should I say hammered) away by their behaviour and ever-changing stories. As far as their vigil for Caylee is concerned, I believe they have every right to cancel it if they wish, but why did they have to pick the most dramatic excuse? IMO they simply needed to announce that, at the request of the HOA, and after much consideration, they have decided to cancel the vigil. These GP's definitely need better PR people.

I hope they call off the prayer vigils for good. To me, it's blasphemous to be outside praying for a little girl when LE believes she has been murdered and the POI is sititing inside the home. The local Baptist churches ( since that's the denomination the family is said to be) need to meet and pray that the truth comes out and the person responsible is caught. They did this in Wichita and it wasn't long before BTK was caught.

They did ask that the A fam either have it inside or in the backyard. It is quite telling that they won't oblige, imo. They don't have that many people and could invite them in or go to the back. They just aren't getting to have their weekly "show" so they nixed it, if you ask me.

Just maybe....for some reason (?) they don't like the BACK YARD anymore.:eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back