Prayer Vigil Cancelled because A's fear for their safety?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't get why they still didn't have the vigil? They could have had it at their church I would think in privacy and those who wanted to attend. They have had a pastor at the vigils surely he would have offered up the church to hold it in?

I never understood them having at their house after the first time or so. I thought then that it would be a violation of HOA and was very surprised to see it continue there. A church or community center seems a much better place to hold something like that.

they could have the vigil in blanchard park, that way the searchers could come too!

The A's may be scared. When George had the ba**s to give out his cell number to the press to get people to help him find the pebble and coin throwers.
Well, you know what happened. :doh:
Ring-a-ding George.....
IMO

After seeing how some of the information about the donations was spun I've decided to avoid that thread completely. If legal action is taken against them for misuse of donated funds, I'll start paying attention.

Hi Chilly.:) I agree with your post. I don't think anyone likes to see, others make money off a missing child, and those that do should be taken care of; but it always seems to be high profile missing children cases that make people so mad over donated money. It happened with Trenton Duckett case, Maddeline McCain, Natalee Holloway, and many more.

Personally when I make a donation I don't care what they spend it on, as long as it helps them through this most painful, traumatic time of their lives.

As the saying goes though....money is the root of all evil.

D____ if you do D____ if you don't

How would they monitor who came in their backyard (looky loo's) and in their house ?????!!!!!!

have casey greet them at the gate or door and if she doesnt get punched then there good to enter..

IMO, just another excuse not to make attention for Caylee! KC probably doesn't want to go. I doubt if protesters would interupt a vigil for Caylee.............they are praying for her also. IMO

I read on another site where the attorney advised the Anthonys to cancel it in the front yard, but they could have them in their back yard; not only because of the protesters, but because of some problems with the trust fund.

They don't want to have it in the backyard because the cameras don't get good pics in the poor light, and oh, that would mean that they would have to give the camera people permission to come onto their property too. Not happening anytime soon! No cameras no attention.

Last week everyone was saying the Anthonys should quit having the prayer vigils at their home. This week the Anthonys decided not to have the prayer vigil at their home. Yet people are still complaining. :eek:
Yep, no matter what they do or don't do, it won't be right in some people's opinions. I'm with ya' again, CW.

They don't want to have it in the backyard because the cameras don't get good pics in the poor light, and oh, that would mean that they would have to give the camera people permission to come onto their property too. Not happening anytime soon! No cameras no attention.

Well, going to a church or another neutral location will not somehow magically leave the camera crews and protestors and lookey-loos behind. The media will follow this family wherever they are having a prayer vigil just so they can film them going in and out (and people will watch it, probably hoping to catch a scuffle in the parking lot).

So, if they really were doing this only for media attention, they should keep doing them and move them elsewhere, because the media and others will follow. Of course, if they are doing it because they honestly want to pray for their granddaughter's return in a group setting, they will still have to contend with media.

I really don't know or care why they've decided to cancel the vigil. People here attacked them for holding the vigil, now they're attacking them for not holding the vigil. Some might say that's irrational.
SOOOOOO many people said that if George "can't control himself", then maybe he should stay in his house, (as if that's somehow a more reasonable solution than for these lunatics to get out of his neighborhood). So maybe this vigil was cancelled because George (and perhaps others in the family) DO fear that someone will get hurt. Maybe George has realized that he has reached his breaking point and is trying to avoid a(nother) bad situation. If this hadn't been cancelled and George ended up lashing out at one of the protestors' inappropriate comments or behavior, we would ONCE AGAIN be blaming George and asking why he insists on having this vigil outside. So maybe George IS doing the right thing by trying to limit situations that might cause him to clash with the people outside of his house.

As for having it inside, we have no idea what goes on inside. I imagine that this family is holding a vigil of sorts every second of every day within themselves. Perhaps the public vigils were a way to keep Caylee's name in the media but now that the situation with the protestors is spinning out of control, they realize that the safest thing IS to just skip the vigil altogether.

Well of course they'd be wrong...They're protecting a woman who did NOTHING to find her missing her child for a month.
And deep down, they probably know the truth but their psyches will not let them believe it.

People are acting as if the Anthonys have done something wrong by letting Casey come back home when she made bail. Well, why not? If it were my daughter, I would also allow her to come home with me. Regardless of all other things, Casey is still their daughter.

I hope they call off the prayer vigils for good. To me, it's blasphemous to be outside praying for a little girl when LE believes she has been murdered and the POI is sititing inside the home. The local Baptist churches ( since that's the denomination the family is said to be) need to meet and pray that the truth comes out and the person responsible is caught. They did this in Wichita and it wasn't long before BTK was caught.

You and I think alike on a lot of issues and this is another example. I totally agree that they need to call them off. It's ridiculous to hold these when the truth that would set them free is within the daughter they are protecting.:)

I've not read this thread yet, but rushed to the end to post this:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70498
Please, please -- everyone go there. Just pop in. I thought it was new; it's over a week old, but it surely can't hurt to re-light all the candles. If the As can't have a vigil, we can have a virtual one. Surely no one will harm us.

Maybe they couldn't find a casey sitter? Not buying the "safety concerns" excuse. It never stopped them before.

Perhaps they have learned some information that causes them to KNOW that there is no longer ANY reason to hold a VIGIL for her safe return...maybe they FINALLY know she is not coming back. Maybe they are finally facing it...

Or maybe they were telling the truth and don't want another confrontation outside their house?

But of course, that obviously couldn't be possible. <smirk>

The HOA ONLY asked them to hold it in the back yard or the vacant lot.......NOT CANCEL it.

Good grief. They were asked not to hold it in front of the home.

The family's representative, Larry Garrison, said in a statement that the Anthonys were saddened that they won't be able to pray with their friends for Caylee.
They are asking anyone who would normally join them to light a candle for Caylee at 8:30 p.m. Sunday.
"Please say a prayer for Caylee's safe return, as well as for the return of peace on Hopespring Drive," Caylee's grandmother, Cindy, requested.

source: http://www.wesh.com/news/17523471/detail.html

So the VIGIL wasn't cancelled, just the usual location. One location or not, prayer is prayer.

Funny thing is, more than a few media sources have not stated this correctly and opt to focus on the word CANCEL, isn't that interesting? So WHO is stirring up drama and who is taking the bait?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back