Preliminary Report Human Remains are not Hailey

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the victim naked? Couldn't LE have leaked info about the clothes found at the site. LE could have said at the very beginning they doubt it is Hailey....grrr.

Back to searching for Hailey, not that I really quit. I hope and pray some other family may find some closure for their missing loved one and justice can be served.

You have said all along something wasn't right here! You were so right.

Did LE say this was a child?

No.... I am going by the statements made in the media where the person who saw the body first said the hand "looked like a child". We thought that was strange if it was Hailey, but it makes sense to me that it was really a child's hand. I also remember reading somewhere that the body was wrapped in a blanket. No proof at this point that it is a child.

This is very disappointing news. I was so hoping the findings would lead to closure. I still hope that Hailey is out there alive somewhere.
Well, I guess BD and SA can get together again and go on with their lives while Hailey is still missing.

I wasn't around WS for the beginning of Hailey's case, so I mostly stick to reading. I have read all her threads, including (of course) the ones from the past couple of days. I just want to say "thank you" to all those who posted news, photos, background info, and links. I know that everyone is busy so it really moves me to see how dedicated you all are and it was really helpful to me as I tried to keep up. I hope that Hailey will have justice soon.

Dunn Grandmother, Colorado City Residents React To News Remains Aren't Hailey

"I still feel and always have felt like when I was first told that Hailey wasn't home, I feel lost," Hailey's grandmother, Connie Jones, said.
"I'm going to still be here waiting for her to call or to get in contact with me.
You dream about her at night like you can just reach out and touch her and stuff and you wake up and you realize that it's just a dream."

http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext?nxd_id=102312

I keep coming back and double checking... making sure that my fever isn't making me hallucinate crazy things.
Unbelievable. :thud:

If it hasn't been posted...Shawn has released a statement through his attorney:

Shawn wishes to extend prayers for this yet-identified individual and hopes that some family will find closure and peace.

While Shawn has maintained his innocence, he has been vilified and convicted in the court of public opinion. Today's news, though saddening, should be a vivid reminder that trials should occur in the courtroom and that our laws and system of justice require an awareness and respect for the presumption of innocence.

Shawn will continue to cooperate with law enforcement should the need arise in the future.

http://everythinglubbock.com/fulltext?nxd_id=102302

~~~Bolded by me

Since when has Shawn EVER cooperated with law enforcement? He failed his polygraph, not once, or even twice, but as I recall THREE times.

If he was TRULY cooperating with police, he would tell the TRUTH and would continue to take polygraphs until they were CERTAIN that it was the truth and that all the information gleaned from him could be verified.

Cooperated, my cynical hiney!

I didn't hear about remains being found when I first came here Tuesday. I had an incredibly strong feeling come over me to check on the Hailey Dunn case, and then I found out remains had been found that very same day. Why was I brought here only to feel punked? Is there more to be found in that area? Will this all make sense later?

Was the victim naked? Couldn't LE have leaked info about the clothes found at the site. LE could have said at the very beginning they doubt it is Hailey....grrr.

I thought something found with the body pointed to Hailey. Wasn't that in the early news reports?

If this male is a child and bi-racial I hope Dna is analyzed for his ID but also to check for Haileys DNA. A hairdresser stated she saw Hailey with a bi-racial boy so it could be that they were both killed but put in different places or Hailey is close by where he was discovered. IMO

~~~Bolded by me

Since when has Shawn EVER cooperated with law enforcement? He failed his polygraph, not once, or even twice, but as I recall THREE times.

If he was TRULY cooperating with police, he would tell the TRUTH and would continue to take polygraphs until they were CERTAIN that it was the truth and that all the information gleaned from him could be verified.

Cooperated, my cynical hiney!

With all due respect, you want him to continue to take polygraphs until he gets it right? IIRC, he walked out twice and failed once (according to the media reports). Continue to take polygraphs serves no purpose, imo. I'd rather he cooperates with LE in the search for Hailey. Answer all questions truthfully with accurate timelines and his whereabouts on that day or the day and night before she disappeared. If he was high, say so. Same with Billie and anybody else close to Hailey.

If this male is a child and bi-racial I hope Dna is analyzed for his ID but also to check for Haileys DNA. A hairdresser stated she saw Hailey with a bi-racial boy so it could be that they were both killed but put in different places or Hailey is close by where he was discovered. IMO

Are there any missing bi racial boys missing in Colorado City? One that would know Hailey and walk with her (if the alleged siting is true)?

I thought something found with the body pointed to Hailey. Wasn't that in the early news reports?

Yes, all speculation and rumour, imo. Nothing was ever confirmed by LE. As for the hand being of a child, IIRC, the person who found the remains said it.

I'm wondering if the person was after the reward money and hate to say it but wanted it to be Hailey and that's how the rumours started. JMO :moo:

I remember reading that also. Been looking for it and I am not having any luck, but I know I read that.

Yes, all speculation and rumour, imo. Nothing was ever confirmed by LE. As for the hand being of a child, IIRC, the person who found the remains said it.

I'm wondering if the person was after the reward money and hate to say it but wanted it to be Hailey and that's how the rumours started. JMO :moo:

I wonder if they give updates to who the male child might be? Is it possible the missing child was never reported?
Maybe, they should be looking for more bodies in case this was a dumping ground for a killer.
Disturbing.

SA lawyered up cause he thought they had found Hailey. Therefore this may be another one of his victims. LE and FBI: You better search that whole area. MOO

pure speculation here, but I wonder if this UID might be from Houston TX KWIM

SA lawyered up cause he thought they had found Hailey. Therefore this may be another one of his victims. LE and FBI: You better search that whole area. MOO

Didn't he lawyer up immediately following Hailey's disappearance when LE said he was a suspect?

Does anyone know if LE ever searched SA mothers land? I remember early on that it seemed like a logical place to search since SA said he had spent the day there, but I stepped away for the case for awhile so I may have missed it if they searched there, if they have not, I can't understand why they haven't.

I won't eat crow or feel embarrassed. I want Hailey found so the pathetic charade billie & shawn play, ends. I did'nt want to be a part of it when they called & reported her missing and I don't want to play this game w/ them everyday until Hailey is eventually found. Imo they rushed home for a reason. None of this makes sense in terms of finding a body & stringing the public along. I will be over joyed if this is a ploy by LE but dang it just feels like I need to take a shower.
I really feel for her grandma & her schoolmates & brother, can you imagine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LRak10