Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You too. Saw the pic. Can't gauge just with that. The light looks like either early AM or mid afternoon to me, but dunno.

You too. Saw the pic. Can't gauge just with that. The light looks like either early AM or mid afternoon to me, but dunno.

Me too, doesn't look like sun is setting in the evening.

Dang! I've been reading JM's book for the last two hours and the battery on my Kobo just died. Now I have to wait as it sloooowly recharges. :waiting:

So far, nothing new, but it's very well written and a page-turner. Can't wait to return to it.

I don't understand Juan telling NG that the 3rd gas can is the big secret he's been keeping for the last 4 years... Supposed to be the "untold story" no one ever knew according to his DP interview... Huh? That was in the trial, right? We've discussed it endlessly here on WS, right? Color me confused.

I believe he means he kept this evidence close to the vest for four years before he finally had to turnover the evidence before the trial. It is quite common that a Prosecutor will hold his best evidence until last and only turns it over when the Judge finally states all discovery has to be turned in. Usually that is 30 days before trial starts.

Considering his head is up, he has to still be alive and I personally think she was still attacking him when that pic happened, sorry to add to what you'll have to unimagine. Okay, I'll see you all tomorrow.

The horror is unthinkable. He did not want to die.
My faith tells me I should have some mercy in my heart for this sick murderess, but it is hard to conjure such a feeling in the face of what appears to be such calculated evil. Every time I allow myself a second to consider her as a damaged, broken HUMAN BEING, I am reminded of the relentless pursuit and torment this creature meted out to Travis. I have a huge heart for people who make mistakes (as we all do), even big mistakes, but I struggle to extend that mercy wide enough to include this vile felon.

The prologue is JM speaking about the day of sentencing. Seven years of this case coming to an end. Said he'd prosecuted 181 jury trials. 72 of those were for murder and he'd never seen a defendant who was as calculating as Jodi who was now standing before the judge

The prologue is JM speaking about the day of sentencing. Seven years of this case coming to an end. Said he'd prosecuted 181 jury trials. 72 of those were for murder and he'd never seen a defendant who was as calculating as Jodi who was now standing before the judge

He says it spoke volumes about her character that in her final statement she chose to suddenly remember that Travis was conscious when her blade entered his throat. Then she blamed JM for the jury finding her guilty. She never took responsibility.

I believe he means he kept this evidence close to the vest for four years before he finally had to turnover the evidence before the trial. It is quite common that a Prosecutor will hold his best evidence until last and only turns it over when the Judge finally states all discovery has to be turned in. Usually that is 30 days before trial starts.

Thanks, that makes more sense.

Chapter One
JM recalls he got a call at 8:37am on June 10 that there had been a murder in a Mesa neighborhood. DA's take 24 hour on call shifts to respond to crime scenes. JM's shift had ended at 8am but he took the call anyway. He went to TA home and there he met Det. Flores. He'd never worked with Flores before but he knew the former Marine turned cop had a good reputation in the Mesa PD. Flores also told JM there was a "stalker type" woman named Jodi who had been mentioned by TA friends who found his body.

Sex tape was a black mail to go to Cancun .... TA then confronts her....few days later staged gun stolen from grandpas's sets the syage for murder

The sex tape might have been the last piece of the argument. I would guess that underlying this, JA had stolen other PPLers' accounts and moved them over to Travis' so he could meet the Cancun goal. She later bragged about this happening, but not that she stole the accounts. I think he found out.....

The fraud that I project was just another aspect to the Cancun chapter....

In Chapter One JM visits the crime scene. TA home is orderly, "immaculate" except for the carpet cleaner in the middle of the living room. Upstairs is also orderly but for a camera case beside a bean bag chair in the loft/theater room. The camera was missing. In the bedroom 1,000 places to see before you die was on the nightstand beside the bed. Flores took JM through the closet to see the bathroom. Blood everywhere, a shell casing resting on top of some pooled blood. The body was in the shower and a 16oz plastic cup rested between TA right arm and the wall of the shower stall.

Flores and JM noted the scene had been semi "cleaned up" by the killer. Bed stripped. Water from the cup most likely used to try and wash down the bathroom floor and boxes in the linen closet had soaked some of it up. Flores showed JM the washer. Camera in the bottom. Sheets, towel, bleach. They agreed the cleanup "took some time". JM says cleanup of a crime scene is "extremely rare" and that this scene was only the second one he'd come across that had been "manipulated" to such an extent

I agree as well. For the life of me nothing new really came out...I was upset over Dr Phil not giving him much time either.

It sounds as though DP wanted conflict and drama rather than facts. His show is built on drama and conflict and not facts. Then a bunch of DP "insights" thrown in. It was easier to get what he wanted with the rapper/JVM/Tanisha combination. JM is about facts and strategy: that's not DP's thing at all.

JM could easily out-talk, out-argue, out-opine DP. Why would DP want to put him on stage where he could be a threat to DP's ego? No: put him in the physically subordinate position of the audience.

I'll bet JM can't stand DP and it showed....

Loved Juan's response on the Dr Phil show, she was a suspect on a short list of 1

I enjoyed Dr. Phils show and getting to see TA sister and Juan. Wish Juan would have been given more time to talk more.

I could have done without JVM. Overall it was a good summary. Dr. Phil did good with the rapper. Was kindly telling him to learn more about the case.

I missed NG episode.

I'm embarrassed to admit...but know you all would understand...that I had a 'salacious dream about JM today - so weird!

I'm not attracted to him physically, but for some reason, I was in my dream. My husband thought it very funny, and here I sit trying to do dream interpretations and hoping it's not because I've finally 'cracked'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

In my experience, you can be erotically attracted to someone else's brain. The ancient Greeks had this figured out with their Muse mythology. Muses were a highly eroticized projection of inspiration.

So you're normal?

It sounds as though DP wanted conflict and drama rather than facts. His show is built on drama and conflict and not facts. Then a bunch of DP "insights" thrown in. It was easier to get what he wanted with the rapper/JVM/Tanisha combination. JM is about facts and strategy: that's not DP's thing at all.

JM could easily out-talk, out-argue, out-opine DP. Why would DP want to put him on stage where he could be a threat to DP's ego? No: put him in the physically subordinate position of the audience.

I'll bet JM can't stand DP and it showed....

Fair assessment.

At least Juan got his book plug in. Probably the main purpose for Juan was getting a mention of his new book coming out. So it served him well that way.

For someone that had not followed the case I think Dr. Phil did a good job of summarizing the whole case story which is hard to do in that small time window. So from that angle I thought it was well done.

Except for JVM who hogged too much of his show. And I didn't agree with her views on some things which she thinks everyone will just willingly agree with her version LOL

OT somewhat but about DP with murder cases.

Has anyone noticed lately that DP is beginning to get attracted to cases involving murder?

He had another case on the other day where the lady pushed her husband out a window
Amber Hilberling case.

Maybe DP is beginning to think he is an expert with figuring out who done it. I got upset with him with his show on the AH case. He took the position to defending AH. IMO I think she was the aggressor in the relationship and the person underneath her apartment heard footsteps charging towards the window right before the guy gets pushed through the window.

Im not sure she wanted him to actually go out the window but I feel she purposely charged at him to have him slam into the wall. They had a volatile relationship but so far IMO the guy seemed like he was calling someone to get out of the apartment and was trying to leave her and I think she got mad at him for trying to leave.

I think her sentence is a fair one and I hope she doesn't get a new trial.
Anyway, was surprised when DP was defending her to an extent.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/tulsa-woman-guilty-pushing-husband-window-article-1.1293065

Wow..... So clear on that one. She's the perp even from just the foot size. With the grid of the tiles, they could absolutely get this correct, 'cos they'd know the dimensions of the tile. They might even be able to get the width.

Since there were clearly other pieces to the case, I'm betting the "JA screwed up one thing that enabled her conviction" is a deliberate snub at JA. She thinks she's so clever, and she had this piece elaborately planned. Messed up again, Jodith. There were many pieces that went into the case, including the fact that there was no one else with motive.

Also, the gas can thing required great detective work and the cooperation, doggedness, and skill of people from all walks of life. This is something to be very proud of. SLAM again, Jodith: everyone is on the other side. This theme is ideal for a book about justice and doesn't compromise JM's professionalism: it's a very deliberate selection.

I have stopped believing that JM does things by mistake.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member