Prosecutor Juan Martinez releases new book, February 2016 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What day is that testimony? I reviewed his direct, cross and redirect on Day 12/13 and it's not in there...
He did testify later...rebuttal? But I thought it only dealt with "*advertiser censored*" on TA computer....
Tia

Day 25. David Lohr. 1 of 3. (First trial!)

Ends at 42:46. Check out her save me!!! look, 32:07-32:11

Val, is what you are calling the memory "stick", actually the camera's memory "card"?

I've always used the term memory "stick" synonymously with a "flash drive" or "thumb drive", but not for a memory "card" which is used in digital cameras.

Just curious. I don't mean to single you out personally, but I'm just trying to keep up around here. :)

Memory stick/flash drive/thumb drive for storing and transferring data:
Data-Traveler--sic-.jpg

Memory card for digital cameras (and maybe also cell phones?):
SanDisk-8GB-SDHC-Memory-Card--pTRU1-5368830dt.jpg

I'm talking about the memory card, though in testimony they kept referring to it as a stick even though the evidence only shows what I call a memory card. That may be because the memory card had some sort of adapter attached to it so it would fit in the camera, the micro ones need an adapter.

37a.jpg

I remember somewhere CMJA said the knives were Darryls and she was returning them.

I am going to assume no explanation is necessary if I say I don't believe her.

Day 25. David Lohr. 1 of 3. (First trial!)

Ends at 42:46. Check out her save me!!! look, 32:07-32:11

Help! Day 25 Lohr 1of3 is all Juan cross of Jodi covering the murder

Yah, she sucked at many things, including being a person, and as Hatfield said recently, her arrogance blinded her.

Apples and oranges though, that and whether or not the devious with nothing else to do for weeks but plan a murder could have figured out how to do one technical thing with a camera.

Heck, I have close to zero technical knowledge about any object with a plug, but after watching a few YouTube videos took apart a gaming console (XBox) down to the last screw, fixed a part on the motherboard , put it back together again, and that bad baby fired right up. :D

LOL, you reminded me of the time I needed to replace a toilet in my home and the handyman I had hired never showed up. I had the old fixture removed so needed the new one installed asap, so did it myself after a quick look up of how to do it on youtube, which goes to show where there is a will there is a way. I agree that Arias could have answered any questions she might have had about TA's camera by a simple internet search or two.

IIRC the 1:44 activity on computer was shown by JM to be some sort of automatic scan or housekeeping generated by the computer, not by a keystroke.
ETA It was Spybot reacting to virus/malware in fact

A virus or Mal- thing? So she WAS on his computer! ;)

Dunno. Scans don't run all by their lonesomes if the computer is sleeping or off, unless programmed to wake themselves at a set time to perform just such a function.

Not seeing Travis as computer- sophisticated. He turned to computer-literate Taylor for advice after the May 27 attack on his computer and the best Taylor could offer was advice to trash the thing.

TA installed Spybot all by himself on May 28, iirc.

....snipped for focus......

VERSION #2. Next day, with Flores, Ninjas did it.

DF: What happened when the last picture was taken?

JA: He was kneeling down in the shower. I don’t remember.

(Jodi becomes animated and begins to use her hands/body to demonstrate)

JA: He’s like…if this is the shower and the sink is over here, I was like right here taking pictures, and I don’t really know what happened after that exactly, except I think he was shot.

I put a lot of weight on this for the gun shot first theory.

DF: Where were you?

(Jodi becomes animated during this response, gets up from her chair and begins to demonstrate where everything was in Travis’ bathroom. She proceeds to kneel on the floor to show Detective Flores where she was crouched).

JA: Umm… if this is his shower and he was sitting here, I was like…Well, if this is his shower, and he’s sitting here, I was like right there on my knees, and his bathtub was right here, and I was taking them here, and I was just going through the pictures, and I heard this loud ring…..

I put a lot of weight on this for the gun shot first theory. Notice she says loud "ring" like her ears would be ringing from the loud blast in such a small place.

I’m thinking maybe the fact she knew TA was preparing his body which belonged to her for a Cancun trip without her, though she earned it for him, explains her wee hint of petulant nastiness in late April, iirc, when he asked her if she still had the exercise stats he’d texted her a few weeks before, and she said, oh dear, no, so sorry, my phone deletes older texts. But I did come across some mean texts you sent me, and deleted them, of course.

I Totally Agree

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for revisiting the LE interviews and all your notes.

She sometimes includes a little bit of truth in with her lies and I commented on some parts above that really have me thinking the gun shot was first. I could be wrong because we never really know for sure with her.

She sure has a knack for distancing herself from the events of that day.

LOL, you reminded me of the time I needed to replace a toilet in my home and the handyman I had hired never showed up. I had the old fixture removed so needed the new one installed asap, so did it myself after a quick look up of how to do it on youtube, which goes to show where there is a will there is a way. I agree that Arias could have answered any questions she might have had about TA's camera by a simple internet search or two.

LOL. YouTube really has revolutionized DYI. Monkey see, monkey do. Don't need to understand a single why or how.

I had to replay the instructions over and over over in places, but I never felt it wasn't going to be possible.

A virus or Mal- thing? So she WAS on his computer! ;)

Dunno. Scans don't run all by their lonesomes if the computer is sleeping or off, unless programmed to wake themselves at a set time to perform just such a function.

Not seeing Travis as computer- sophisticated. He turned to computer-literate Taylor for advice after the May 27 attack on his computer and the best Taylor could offer was advice to trash the thing.

TA installed Spybot all by himself on May 28, iirc.

Lol. She was a virus for sure

It was infectious activity on June 4th which caused Spybot to be accessed at 1:44pm. The computer also accessed Spybot on June 10 when Travis was unfortunately deceased.

But, she couldn't risk getting nailed down on any details, because that might conflict with a story she would need to tell later. She really couldn't anticipate where it would all go. There were key elements and details among the minutiae that day which would reveal she was nothing but a monster, victimizing a completely innocent man. She couldn't risk being backed into that corner, in whatever roundabout way.

I really am listening to you. But put generalities aside for a moment, and look at a specific example or two.

Banana really is one. Banana eating is wholesome. It isn't an indication of monster or premed. Eating one can take as little as one minute. What could possibly be problematic about answering such a question?

Or another. JM...what did you do after you "did what you were doing" (her coy phrasing for sex).

: mmm. Mmmmm.

JM: did you go downstairs?

: at some point. Etc etc

JM: when did you take your luggage to car....look at CD's, anything at all?

Good luck with any of those ,JM. Many tortuous minutes later: sometime after 2 and before I left. For any and everything....

It was infectious activity on June 4th which caused Spybot to be accessed at 1:44pm. The computer also accessed Spybot on June 10 when Travis was unfortunately deceased.

BBM: From here on out, mothers can warn their sons about women who might be more trouble than they're worth by just suggesting an internet search for "Arias" or "Hubers."

Did you find Day 25's takedown of the ?

BBM: From here on out, mothers can warn their sons about women who might be more trouble than they're worth by just suggesting an internet search for "Arias" or "Hubers."

Our son was involved with a borderline. Even snuck into his house (3am,while he slept) after they separated, took his phone and started texting girls he'd been talking with. We told him about Arias and that he's lucky she didn't slit his throat (she likes knives). This trial gave me a greater understanding of how dangerous these women can be. Nothing to play around with.

Our son was involved with a borderline. Even snuck into his house (3am,while he slept) after they separated, took his phone and started texting girls he'd been talking with. We told him about Arias and that he's lucky she didn't slit his throat (she likes knives). This trial gave me a greater understanding of how dangerous these women can be. Nothing to play around with.

Well, I'm diagnosed borderline but have spent many years learning how to be a person, yet I look back on my younger years and even though I was non-violent and didn't believe in murder as a solution for anything I can understand how some people might have been a little fearful of some of my actions. And I must stress I was non-violent. I had no psychopathy, so I have always had a conscience.

Not so for the gal you speak of. Not so for Arias, Hubers, and the like.

I believe the psychopathy is necessary for anyone to feel they can do as they please because whatever happens is always the other person's fault.

Seriously though, moms and dads, brothers, sisters and anyone else who cares about a young man in their life should be ready, willing and able to warn them about women like Jodi.

ETA: I should say maybe the gal you speak of is not a psychopath. She texted on his phone but she didn't physically attack him or anything like that so she might not actually be dangerous. Still, I would recommend he be on his guard if she ever comes around...just in case.

I really am listening to you. But put generalities aside for a moment, and look at a specific example or two.

Banana really is one. Banana eating is wholesome. It isn't an indication of monster or premed. Eating one can take as little as one minute. What could possibly be problematic about answering such a question?

Or another. JM...what did you do after you "did what you were doing" (her coy phrasing for sex).

: mmm. Mmmmm.

JM: did you go downstairs?

: at some point. Etc etc

JM: when did you take your luggage to car....look at CD's, anything at all?

Good luck with any of those ,JM. Many tortuous minutes later: sometime after 2 and before I left. For any and everything....
There was also an element of spite. After having been caught red-handed and forced to admit killing him, do you think she would feel particularly cooperative, or do you think she would try to salvage her pride and use the situation to teach them a lesson or two about just who they were dealing with?

Whether you look at it as a practical matter of cautiousness against self-incrimination, or as a play of opposing wits, there's no reason to think that her courtroom behavior is anything but a reflection of her ego.

Ryan Burns.

She lectures him all of May that he needs to be a better Mormon and tells him he needs to get right with Heavenly Father, jumps his bones the day after she slaughters Travis, asks him afterwards why he hesitated to get down with her, and when he says he was trying to respect her religious sensibilities she tells him she's a big girl and knows what she's doing, so they have phone sex and text sex, and then, after she's safely locked away she sends him a long letter saying- silly, you were never in danger with me, though since we were always on different spiritual planes I'm not sure you can really appreciate what I'm telling you...

Have to say, Hope, this is the best paragraph EVER;) Love your posts!

There was also an element of spite. After having been caught red-handed and forced to admit killing him, do you think she would feel particularly cooperative, or do you think she would try to salvage her pride and use the situation to teach them a lesson or two about just who they were dealing with?

Whether you look at it as a practical matter of cautiousness against self-incrimination, or as a play of opposing wits, there's no reason to think that her courtroom behavior is anything but a reflection of her ego.

I'm about specifics for now, though as a philosophy professor once told me, I'm eagle not mouse, and tend towards "flaming speculation, " though since he gave me all A's must not have been too terrible a thing.

We'll have to agree to disagree about her testimony on this specific day. I hate to confess how many times I've watched a good many portions of JM's cross of her, and how she testifies this day is just plain different. If you get the time and enjoy watching brilliant lawyering just out of appreciation for his artistry, this is the hour to watch.

Just in my humble opinion, anyway. :D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky