PTL (Peach Tree Landing)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder why Heather's car was locked? If Heather locked it, I would think it would be because she was planning on leaving PTL and coming back later. I can't see why the Moorers would lock it, because if someone stole it, it would probably be a help to them. Since Heather's purse is missing too, is it possible that the truck pulled up, Heather got in, thinking they were going somewhere else? If she was just going in his car to talk, why bring your purse and lock the door?

Mother of 5, that's been my theory all along. He went to Heathers after the pay phone call, tried to call TM back at the pay phone to tell her that he had HE, so meet me at the boat landing. SM is used to TM calling the shots, so he repeatedly kept calling her, using HE's phone- where are you, hurry up, get over here. When TM went to the landing, the truck was filmed with the bed empty and left with a large bundle in the back.
All MOO, glad to see someone is thinking like me.

Mother of 5, that's been my theory all along. He went to Heathers after the pay phone call, tried to call TM back at the pay phone to tell her that he had HE, so meet me at the boat landing. SM is used to TM calling the shots, so he repeatedly kept calling her, using HE's phone- where are you, hurry up, get over here. When TM went to the landing, the truck was filmed with the bed empty and left with a large bundle in the back.
All MOO, glad to see someone is thinking like me.

Did I miss this information somewhere along the way, or is this just part of your theory? TIA.

Knox and Motherof5 and rob, I see this as a possible theory also. SM used the payphone not to be traced. He could have gone to Heather's then, of course would not have taken his cell, but should have taken a burn phone just in case, but did not. With her phone, he could have made a call back to the payphone to make it look like Heather communicated with someone else. And, in control of Heather's phone he realizes Heather's called BW, and then starts calling TM- mom, what to do-maybe that's why TM didn't answer right away, thinking why is there call from her phone- he proceeds to PTL- and then tells LE the calls from Heather's phone were her bothering him and he had to tell her to stop.

I know LE said both the Moorer's were at home when calls were made from Heather's phone before she went to PTL, so maybe they have proof they were both physically at home- but I still like the SM went to Heather's theory.

Knox and Motherof5 and rob, I see this as a possible theory also. SM used the payphone not to be traced. He could have gone to Heather's then, of course would not have taken his cell, but should have taken a burn phone just in case, but did not. With her phone, he could have made a call back to the payphone to make it look like Heather communicated with someone else. And, in control of Heather's phone he realizes Heather's called BW, and then starts calling TM- mom, what to do-maybe that's why TM didn't answer right away, thinking why is there call from her phone- he proceeds to PTL- and then tells LE the calls from Heather's phone were her bothering him and he had to tell her to stop.

I know LE said both the Moorer's were at home when calls were made from Heather's phone before she went to PTL, so maybe they have proof they were both physically at home- but I still like the SM went to Heather's theory.

I have wondered the same about the call back to the payphone and agree that SM seeing that Heather called BW would cause him to panic.

How was LE able to use the phone data to say that Heather was at PTL at that time, to say that the Moorers were at home when they made the call, but were not able to say that SM went to Heather's apartment, or that they were following Heather and her date around MB?

How was LE able to use the phone data to say that Heather was at PTL at that time, to say that the Moorers were at home when they made the call, but were not able to say that SM went to Heather's apartment, or that they were following Heather and her date around MB?

perhaps LE officers were not able to say it because SM did not go to HE apartment and they were not following her and her date around? that would be my guess.

As justonedrin said, maybe SM did not go to Heather's apartment and they were not following her and her date around, or maybe SM's cell phone did not go to those places. You can follow someone without a cell phone in your possession. That might be why he needed a payphone.

LE says Heather was killed at PTL. Her phone data ended at the same time the Moorers would have arrived there. Is it possible that they shot Heather, and the bullet hit her phone too, or ran her over, running over the phone too? I suppose it is possible that they got her into the car, and turned off her phone as soon as she got in? But would they think of that? The timeline is also pretty short; they were 1.2 miles away at 3:39 and the phone data ended at 3:41.

i just got back from driving from the M home to PTL--twice. It is 3.8 miles one way.
I didnt time it because I was scoping out the area and looking for the cameras. I will do that on my next go round.
I saw what I think are both security cameras, One is high up on a pole angling down which could give a good look into the back of the truck, possibly, as it went by the first time, slowly. the truck was much faster coming back so who knows what it captured. I wonder how lit up the area at that camera is at night? I will ride by sometime in the next couple days at night and check it out. the other camera i believe is at Dixie Recycling. I stopped but a man was on the grounds so I didnt linger. but that business is exactly 1.2 miles from the landing. most of this we knew. I saw what I thought was a camera at Dixie Recycle.
What I didnt realize is that BOTH cameras are on Mill Pond Road. I thought one was on Hwy 814--the road the M's live on. But not so. Which leads me to my next point--the M truck was caught twice on Mill Pond Road around 336-346. but the turn to 814 is just beyond the camera. SO--if they turned left on 814 and went home OR kept straight and ended up on hwy 544---- we do not know BUT LE should.
There are cameras around the M property--and there are cameras on 544, So im sure LE has all that video. They did a thorough job of canvassing the area to see where there were private/business video. There would not be alot of traffic out that late at night anytime of year but most especially in December. if they went to 544 and turned right towards Socastee or left towards Conway Im sure LE knows about it. YAY!!!!!

this part in red is what had me confused

• 3:36am: A security camera at a private residence 1.7 miles from the M home recorded a distinctive late-model Ford F150 coming from that direction and heading toward Peachtree Landing

• 3:38-3:39am: Heather had arrived at Peachtree Landing and tried to call SM's cell phone four times, but there was no answer

• 3:39am: A security camera at a business 1.2 miles from Peachtree Landing recorded the Ford F150 heading toward the landing

• 3:41am: All data and GPS signals ended on Heather's phone

• 3:45am: The security camera at the same business location recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing

• 3:46am: The security camera at the same private residence recorded the Ford F150 returning from the direction of Peachtree Landing toward the M home

we dont know that it turned back onto hwy 814 which dead ends at the M property--it could have continued straight to 544.

im going back over to see how close it is to hwy 814 and see if it can record the vehicle turning or not

ok so i just got back again. I went by the place as posted on the pro and con thread--there is a pic of a camera at a location on Mill Pond Road. if indeed that is a camera its possible that it might show whether the M's turned back onto hwy 814 or went straight. especially at night the glow from the tail lights might give an indicator of which direction the truck went. but it is high enough in the air that it could maybe show the back of the truck.
whew. and it looks completely different there now. lots more trucks and everything is green and overgrown.

ok so i just got back again. I went by the place as posted on the pro and con thread--there is a pic of a camera at a location on Mill Pond Road. if indeed that is a camera its possible that it might show whether the M's turned back onto hwy 814 or went straight. especially at night the glow from the tail lights might give an indicator of which direction the truck went. but it is high enough in the air that it could maybe show the back of the truck.
whew. and it looks completely different there now. lots more trucks and everything is green and overgrown.

:tyou:

Removing head and hands to make identification difficult takes very little effort and can be done in a matter of minutes. Secluded area and a sharp axe. It's been done in other cases.

That may have worked back in the days before DNA testing became the standard but it wouldn't do anything now. DNA can be extracted from any part of a body, including skeleton and a profile can be obtained.

Cell phone pings and triangulation is one way. Integrated GPS in newer cell phones is another tool used by authorities. That said, nothing has ever been said suggesting SM went to HE's apartment or that either of the M's was following HE around while she was on her date. That's rumor/assumption/speculation courtesy of WS and the Interwebs.

No one knows who was where and when for that entire morning. We know where Heather was for a period of time, we know where the M's were at times, and we know where phones were for a span of time.

We'll see what LE knows for sure at trial, what they're speculating about based on the circumstantial evidence, and what both the defense and the prosecution can do with what they have, which is likely to include some theorizing from both sides of the aisle.

okay so I finally got a chance to make the drive from the M home to PTL at DARK. we went to the CVS to get cigs and a sprite. I had my son with me who has a friend that went out with HE a couple times a while ago. he took so long in the store that I decided it was a good time to make the trip from M home to PTL. so--- he is on his phone with his friend saying--"you aint going to believe this but my mom is out sleuthing the HE case--she thinks she is a detective" LOL so anyways we drive by the M home and the C home is normal but the M home is ALL lit up. I said I dont see any lights--but I was driving and looking more at the road than their home . he said "I DO! you dont see those lights back there Mom?" well no I didnt. so we go down hwy 814 to Mill Pond Road and turn right--which is where the first security camera is that captured the truck--and it is ALL lit up. VERY bright. LE should have really good film footage from that location. we continued on to the second camera and alas it is very dark there. I turned around and headed back and he just couldnt believe that people are this concerned about the case. he is 25. but he knows I have been on the Ramsey case for 17 years so he wasnt that shocked. yesterday we were in MB and we came down 501 to Forestbrook Road and I made him look everywhere for security cameras. when I told him why he called a friend and said my mom has gone crazy--she is looking for cameras on Forestbrook Road that might have captured footage of HE traveling to PTL. well I had to drive--I couldnt do that AND look for cameras. LOL he is a good side kick-when I can keep him off the phone that is!

okay so I finally got a chance to make the drive from the M home to PTL at DARK. we went to the CVS to get cigs and a sprite. I had my son with me who has a friend that went out with HE a couple times a while ago. he took so long in the store that I decided it was a good time to make the trip from M home to PTL. so--- he is on his phone with his friend saying--"you aint going to believe this but my mom is out sleuthing the HE case--she thinks she is a detective" LOL so anyways we drive by the M home and the C home is normal but the M home is ALL lit up. I said I dont see any lights--but I was driving and looking more at the road than their home . he said "I DO! you dont see those lights back there Mom?" well no I didnt. so we go down hwy 814 to Mill Pond Road and turn right--which is where the first security camera is that captured the truck--and it is ALL lit up. VERY bright. LE should have really good film footage from that location. we continued on to the second camera and alas it is very dark there. I turned around and headed back and he just couldnt believe that people are this concerned about the case. he is 25. but he knows I have been on the Ramsey case for 17 years so he wasnt that shocked. yesterday we were in MB and we came down 501 to Forestbrook Road and I made him look everywhere for security cameras. when I told him why he called a friend and said my mom has gone crazy--she is looking for cameras on Forestbrook Road that might have captured footage of HE traveling to PTL. well I had to drive--I couldnt do that AND look for cameras. LOL he is a good side kick-when I can keep him off the phone that is!

Thanks so much for checking out the cameras. That is interesting info and I know if I lived down there I would be doing the same thing! I hope LE got footage from a camera that was up high so as to be able to view down into the truck bed. As well, I have often wondered whether the FBI used sophisticated enhancing techniques which were able to show that Heather was, in fact, in their truck. Maybe this is why they were able to get the search warrant for the Moorer property. The only other possibility that i can think of could be that in haste maybe they threw Heather's pocketbook into the rear of the truck and a camera picked that up. I am so hoping there is alot more incriminating surveillance evidence than we know of.

LE has a lot of evidence that we are not privy to. it will all come out at trial. rest assured. there is lots more to come!

This is the second time that I've heard someone say that they drove by at night and the M home was all lit up. Thanks for making the trip.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha
Back