PTL (Peach Tree Landing)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That doesn't mean Heather thought Tammy was a legitimate threat. She could have thought she was an annoyance. It doesn't tell me she thought a 40-year-old mother was going to kill her. If she was in fear of her life, why not make her social media private? Why not get a new job, instead of staying at the one where your stalker knows you work? And why not block the number when the harassing texts start coming in?

Because she wasn't even 21 and they don't think anything bad can happen to them. When I was 21 I was being "stalked" through the mail by an unknown person (this was before social media). Looking back, if that happened to me now, 20 years later, I'd be completely freaked out and would report it. Back then I was confused and annoyed, but not looking over my shoulder.

Because she wasn't even 21 and they don't think anything bad can happen to them. When I was 21 I was being "stalked" through the mail by an unknown person (this was before social media). Looking back, if that happened to me now, 20 years later, I'd be completely freaked out and would report it. Back then I was confused and annoyed, but not looking over my shoulder.

That's exactly what I am saying, that she more likely viewed Tammy as an annoyance than a legitimate threat.

Maybe it was a bit of both. Early on maybe Heather was a little frightened by TM.
But as time went on maybe Heather saw TM as an annoyance.

Maybe it was a bit of both. Early on maybe Heather was a little frightened by TM.
But as time went on maybe Heather saw TM as an annoyance.

Agreed. RUMOR ALERT: I saw a RUMOR where someone close to Heather ranted early on about a confrontation of some sort, and it was RUMORED that this info came from LE.

Mods, please delete it this doesn't belong here. :silenced:

Respectfully, the authorities have seen the entirety of the evidence. Each of us can have an opinion but we do not know what they know. Therefore their opinion, for now, that Heather cared for SM and was afraid of TM is the most informed and the most valid we have at the moment.

Respectfully, the authorities have seen the entirety of the evidence. Each of us can have an opinion but we do not know what they know. Therefore their opinion, for now, that Heather cared for SM and was afraid of TM is the most informed and the most valid we have at the moment.

Respectfully, I totally disagree with you.

It is the prosecutions theory and we have heard only that. We have heard nothing from the defense. I consider what the prosecution says extremely contradictory and biased, which is the main reason I am having a hard time believing them.

I believe all of Heather's actions, and I mean all that we know of, show the exact opposite of fear. She seemed to be taunting TM in those twitter posts. Who would go out to PTL, with the Moorers living so close and wait in the middle of the night if they were fearful? Have you been to PTL? It's very rural and remote back there.

As far as SM goes, the murder/kidnapping charges against him, IF true, completely negate feelings for Heather. You don't kill someone you care about.

Elder's remarks seemed peculiarly designed to rub it in TM's face. I found some of her remarks quite unprofessional and catty.

It is the prosecutions theory and we have heard only that. We have heard nothing from the defense. I consider what the prosecution says extremely contradictory and biased, which is the main reason I am having a hard time believing them.

I believe all of Heather's actions, and I mean all that we know of, show the exact opposite of fear. She seemed to be taunting TM in those twitter posts. Who would go out to PTL, with the Moorers living so close and wait in the middle of the night if they were fearful? Have you been to PTL? It's very rural and remote back there.

As far as SM goes, the murder/kidnapping charges against him, IF true, completely negate feelings for Heather. You don't kill someone you care about.

Elder's remarks seemed peculiarly designed to rub it in TM's face. I found some of her remarks quite unprofessional and catty.
BBM: But suppose Heather thought SM did care for her? I believe she would think that SM would protect her from TM and she would have no reason to be afraid at PTL. If Heather made SM feel like a hero (so mature and in control while at work, you know), then he might act like one around her, and she might have a different perspective of him than those of us on the outside would have.

I agree the prosecution did a spin to make sure the Ms didn't get released. But I don't discount that SM might have cared for Heather, in whatever way he was capable. I've seen way too many whipped men behave in a completely different manner around someone who is not their spouse, because they still have a chance of impressing that woman. The man hasn't disappointed new woman like they have their wife. And that other woman makes them feel like they are capable instead of a loser. (I am not condoning cheating, BTW, just explaining what happens, IMO, from what I have witnessed and discussed with friends and acquaintances)

I do, however, disagree that murder/kidnapping charges completely negates any feelings SM might have had for Heather. You can care about someone and still care more about yourself.(If SM got caught up in something that just went out of control before he knew what happened and is now protecting his own behind)

Unfortunately for me, I can come up with a multitude of scenarios all fitting what is known to the public, and some of them include SM just being a wimp after the fact. One of them includes his not knowing at all, but I'd be willing to bet that one will go out the door with some of the other evidence that LE has. I'm the juror every defense attorney wants, because I keep every alternative open until some kind of evidence shuts that door for me. Your mileage may vary. :)

I totally agree with your post. One is forced to think outside the box because their theory makes no sense. It has been alleged Heather was lured to PTL. Yet, she made 9-10 phone calls to Sidney. All but one went unanswered. This suggests to me, Sidney was resisting. I just can't ignore what seems clear to me because officials have said otherwise. IMO

I totally agree with your post. One is forced to think outside the box because their theory makes no sense. It has been alleged Heather was lured to PTL. Yet, she made 9-10 phone calls to Sidney. All but one went unanswered. This suggests to me, Sidney was resisting. I just can't ignore what seems clear to me because officials have said otherwise. IMO

I think the 9-10 phone calls were between the Ms and H. I do believe that she was lured there by S while a gun was being held to his head. I think that T had him put the call on speaker so she could hear what was being said and that was the final straw. I believe that S was forced into going to PTL to meet H to get it all out in the open, but, when they got there, T was in such a rage that she shot H right there. With the photos of them and that gun to me is a telling story.

I think that if SM was forced to go to PTL by TM, we would know about it by now. It might not get charges dropped or changed, but we would know that it was his defense. His lawyer would not just accept the charges, if his client was an abused spouse, without a fight.

I think that if SM was forced to go to PTL by TM, we would know about it by now. It might not get charges dropped or changed, but we would know that it was his defense. His lawyer would not just accept the charges, if his client was an abused spouse, without a fight.

You`re right. I didn`t think of that.

Another thing is, if SM was forced to go to PTL or kill Heather, even if he offered to show LE where she is, I think they would still be very reluctant to drop charges. It would be hard for him to prove he was forced, or abused to that extent. Also, there is definitely a bias when it comes to women abusing men.

But I do think that his lawyer would say to the media, as soon as he was hired, that his client had been abused for years, was forced to go to PTL, didn't think it was going to happen, etc.

I think the 9-10 phone calls were between the Ms and H. I do believe that she was lured there by S while a gun was being held to his head. I think that T had him put the call on speaker so she could hear what was being said and that was the final straw. I believe that S was forced into going to PTL to meet H to get it all out in the open, but, when they got there, T was in such a rage that she shot H right there. With the photos of them and that gun to me is a telling story.

BBM

Heather, voluntarily called Sidney's cell phone and the pay phone for a total of 9-10 times. All, but one phone call went unanswered.

IMO

BBM

Heather, voluntarily called Sidney's cell phone and the pay phone for a total of 9-10 times. All, but one phone call went unanswered.

IMO

Phone call refresher:

Here is the timeline that the prosecution presented of Dec. 18:

1:35 am.. phone call from pay phone by Sidney to Heather.. call is 4:53 minutes

1:44 Heather calls (person unidentified) who is in Florida at the time. And says Sidney just called and is leaving Tammy. Heather appears upset because she had been trying to get her life back on track after the affair and the harassment by Tammy. Heather is still at her home when she makes this call. The call lasts 2:20 minutes.

2:29 Heather attempts to call the number Sidney called from which is a pay phone. Several times it does not appear anyone answered.

3:16 am Heather attempts to call Sidney's phone with no response.

3:17 am .. Heather calls Sidney's phone and has a 4:15 minutes conversation with Sidney. Heather is at her home at this point. Sidney is at his home which is approx. 3 miles from the boat landing. After this conversation, Heather gets into her car and drives directly to Peachtree Boat Landing. Sidney also denies this conversation until police confront him with Heather's phone record and then he says he did talk to her but it was just to tell her to quit calling and leave them alone.

3:38 am.. Heather attempts to call Sidney's phone. She has arrived at the boat landing at the time of this call. She attempts to call at 3:39, 3:39:46 and 3:41..

Her phone data ends at that point. 3:41 am.

I only see where H called 7 times after S initiated the first call.

Phone call refresher:

1:44 Heather calls (person unidentified) who is in Florida at the time. And says Sidney just called and is leaving Tammy. Heather appears upset because she had been trying to get her life back on track after the affair and the harassment by Tammy. Heather is still at her home when she makes this call. The call lasts 2:20 minutes.

2:29 Heather attempts to call the number Sidney called from which is a pay phone. Several times it does not appear anyone answered.

3:17 am .. Heather calls Sidney's phone and has a 4:15 minutes conversation with Sidney. Heather is at her home at this point. Sidney is at his home which is approx. 3 miles from the boat landing. After this conversation, Heather gets into her car and drives directly to Peachtree Boat Landing. Sidney also denies this conversation until police confront him with Heather's phone record and then he says he did talk to her but it was just to tell her to quit calling and leave them alone.

3:38 am.. Heather attempts to call Sidney's phone. She has arrived at the boat landing at the time of this call. She attempts to call at 3:39, 3:39:46 and 3:41..

2:29 - Several calls from Heather to the pay-phone. Several is more than two. =3

3:16 - Heather calls Sidney's cell phone = 1

3:17 - Heather calls Sidney's cell phone = 1

3:38 - 3:39 - Heather calls Sidney's phone four times. = 4

That makes a total of at least nine times.

• 2:29am: Heather tried to call SM back at the pay phone number several times, but no one answered

• 3:16am: Heather tried to call SM's cell phone, no answer

• 3:17am: Heather called SM's cell phone and spoke with someone for 4.15 minutes; Heather's and SM's phones were each at their own homes at this point

• ~3:21am: Heather drove from her apartment to Peachtree Landing

• 3:36am: A security camera at a private residence 1.7 miles from the M home recorded a distinctive late-model Ford F150
coming from that direction and heading toward Peachtree Landing

• 3:38-3:39am: Heather had arrived at Peachtree Landing and tried to call SM's cell phone four times, but there was no answer

Phone call refresher:

I think the other poster was also referring to the unknown, by us, of the number of phone calls made to the pay phone around 2:29am by Heather.

I think the prosecution minimized the number of calls by saying "several" because Heather kept calling. We don't know how many, but several is to me more than two. It could have eight. Why was the prosecution specific about the calls she made to Moorer's phone, but not the pay phone?

Phone call refresher:

2:29 Heather attempts to call the number Sidney called from which is a pay phone. Several times it does not appear anyone answered. [Calls 1, 2 & 3 (at a minimum)]

3:16 am Heather attempts to call Sidney's phone with no response. [Call 4]

3:17 am .. Heather calls Sidney's phone and has a 4:15 minutes conversation with Sidney. [Call 5] Heather is at her home at this point. Sidney is at his home which is approx. 3 miles from the boat landing. After this conversation, Heather gets into her car and drives directly to Peachtree Boat Landing. Sidney also denies this conversation until police confront him with Heather's phone record and then he says he did talk to her but it was just to tell her to quit calling and leave them alone.

3:38 am.. Heather attempts to call Sidney's phone. [Call 6] She has arrived at the boat landing at the time of this call. She attempts to call at 3:39, 3:39:46 and 3:41.. [Calls 7, 8 & 9+]

There was more than one phone call attempt to the payphone. By definition, "several" is "more than two, but fewer than many." So, that means she called the payphone AT LEAST 3X.

I think the other poster was also referring to the unknown, by us, of the number of phone calls made to the pay phone around 2:29am by Heather.

I think the prosecution minimized the number of calls by saying "several" because Heather kept calling. We don't know how many, but several is to me more than two. It could have eight. Why was the prosecution specific about the calls she made to Moorer's phone, but not the pay phone?

BBM

Good question and one I have also wondered about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker
Back