Q & A ABOUT THE CASE**ask a question, leave an answer**NO DISCUSSION**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was access to the mh controlled ? Did it happen as soon as LE arrived (I sure hope so) or was some paperwork/approval process required first ?

When was access to the mh controlled ? Did it happen as soon as LE arrived (I sure hope so) or was some paperwork/approval process required first ?
Those are questions for the Local LE to answer if you want factual information.

Those are questions for the Local LE to answer if you want factual information.

Aren't there standard LE protocols ? We might not be sure that the protocols were followed, but pehaps a WSer with knowledge of LE procedures and protocols could provide some insight ? This wouldn't give us hard facts, but it could provide insight. Also, might not some of the first news reports indicate when access to the mh was blocked off ?

Aren't there standard LE protocols ? We might not be sure that the protocols were followed, but pehaps a WSer with knowledge of LE procedures and protocols could provide some insight ? This wouldn't give us hard facts, but it could provide insight. Also, might not some of the first news reports indicate when access to the mh was blocked off ?
This is NOT a discussion thread, it's a question and answer thread.

Check the other threads and see if you find information there that you're looking for and discuss it there.

I am hoping our members can help me answer this question. I think it will be interesting to see the results. It isn't something that has come up before on other cases that I am aware of and it should be addressed.

If child support is automatically suspended upon a child going missing, doesn't it set up a precedent where it gives even more incentive to the non-custodial parent for the child to be missing? I think it does and it should be taken into consideration by the courts and DCF. There has to be a legal standard in place not to encourage any parent to vanish a child to avoid support, imo.

Back child support became an issue in this case early on and while it has been resolved (at least the money paid to DCF), future child support is another topic entirely. In this case in particular, it means thousands of dollars down the road would be forgiven and definitely add to a possible motive, imo. Crystal was facing possible jail time for nonpayment of back support when Haleigh went missing, but if she is relieved of further responsibility of paying for Haleigh then I would say it becomes of greater importance.

I am hoping our members can help me answer this question. I think it will be interesting to see the results. It isn't something that has come up before on other cases that I am aware of and it should be addressed.

If child support is automatically suspended upon a child going missing, doesn't it set up a precedent where it gives even more incentive to the non-custodial parent for the child to be missing? I think it does and it should be taken into consideration by the courts and DCF. There has to be a legal standard in place not to encourage any parent to vanish a child to avoid support, imo.

Back child support became an issue in this case early on and while it has been resolved (at least the money paid to DCF), future child support is another topic entirely. In this case in particular, it means thousands of dollars down the road would be forgiven and definitely add to a possible motive, imo. Crystal was facing possible jail time for nonpayment of back support when Haleigh went missing, but if she is relieved of further responsibility of paying for Haleigh then I would say it becomes of greater importance.
My opinion is that this is a question for the Florida Courts to answer factually.

IMO After this case is solved it will be an issue that will be under review by the Florida Courts for sure.

I had asked a question a while ago about the shirt that was found at the bottom of the laundry pile, and if it had been taken into evidence. I found that the sheriff's office does have it. just thought i would post the info. (i pulled this article from the media/ links)

Girlfriend Under Investigation In Missing Girl Case
Wednesday, February 18, 2009

<snipped>
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News discovered that the Putnam County Sheriff's Office is investigating Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, who claimed that she was at home and sleeping when Haleigh Cummings was taken. But a tip puts the spot light on the 17-year-old girlfriend. The most recent information investigators got was that Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, Misty Croslin, may not have been home when Haleigh disappeared from her Satusum house early last week.

On CNN, Tuesday night, Haleighs paternal grandmother, Terese Neves, spoke out in support of the 17-year-old's story.
"I believe someone went into the house and took her. I believe they either know my grandchildren and my family or Haleigh's mother's family," said Neves.
Sheriff's deputies also said they have the pink shirt that Haleigh was thought to be wearing when she disappeared.
Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18738704/detail.html

Shaymus:

I know this is not exactly what you were looking for, but it is in the same general subject. The mobile home was released on Monday (i am going to assume it is the Monday before the article was written, and that was on a Friday)

However, Croslin said she found the shirt on Monday, when she was allowed back inside the doublewide mobile home for the first time since the disappearance. She was there to discuss the layout of the mobile home with investigators and was looking for the clothes Haleigh wore her last day at school.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

IIRC, there is going to be a Candlelight Vigil tomorrow for Haleigh. Have the time and location, other than Ron's Church, been announced ? The press releases did not indicate that the vigil was private.

ETA: Well, it's 4:18 PM on Sunday and I've not found any information about the time and location of this vigil. So I guess it must be a secret one. But why announce to the public that you're having a vigil and then keep it's location and time secret ? That doesn't make sense, so maybe I just missed the info in my search. Anyone who has it, please share.

Answering my own question...

Just posted on another thread. 3:00 PM this coming Sunday on the lawn of the Waleka First Baptist Church.

You can download adobe acobat for free, ladonna. That's how I got my copy. Maybe someone with more pc savy than myself can direct you to a site for downloading.

A great site to download Adobe and many other free programs (antivirus, spy blockers, etc.) is filehippo.com

Can someone tell me why 2 investigators from the State Attorneys office went into the trailer with Ronald? In this video the reporter states that the day the trailer was released the 2 investigators from the SA's office walked through with RC. I thought the SA got a case after charges had been filed? Can someone re-fresh my memory? Also, at the end of the video the news crews get a shot of the DVD player with the movie airbuds inside it. I wish I could tell where this DVD player was in the trailer.

Video link:http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...t_amberalerts&maven_referralObject=1054783688

Can someone tell me why 2 investigators from the State Attorneys office went into the trailer with Ronald? In this video the reporter states that the day the trailer was released the 2 investigators from the SA's office walked through with RC. I thought the SA got a case after charges had been filed? Can someone re-fresh my memory? Also, at the end of the video the news crews get a shot of the DVD player with the movie airbuds inside it. I wish I could tell where this DVD player was in the trailer.

Video link:http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...t_amberalerts&maven_referralObject=1054783688

The wallpaper looks the same as in the master bedroom & bath, elle.

If the wallpaper is anything to go by, Elle, the DVD player with Airbuds in it is in the bedroom.

well that doesn't make sense because Misty said she watched the movie RJ wanted to watch in the bedroom and Haleigh was in the living-room....right or am I going nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaborde2576